Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-18-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
http://www.theprojectscamp.com/uncategorized/ladies-shred-the-system-20.html

The girls show the boys whats up on the system 2.0 have fun
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
That has to be one of the worst vids I have seen. Whats with the jerky. stop. start. action???
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
ouch
Old     (tigeridez)      Join Date: May 2009       06-18-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
sickk!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-18-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
video worked fine for me...maybe Butler needs a computer sponsor
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-18-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
its nothing to do with the computer, vimeo is crap. Super jerky for me too, what little I could see looked good
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-18-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1013791885564&ref=mf try this?
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-18-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
Ewing- what the .... Why would you just try to be an a$$ and make a stupid post as that. Why didn't you bash Umali also? I read Umali's post as agreeing with Chris.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
actually, my post was to say that chris' post seemed a bit harsh. but what do i know???
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-19-2009, 5:39 AM Reply   
sorry joe my fault
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
i thought that was a pink helmet at first
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-19-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Now if we could only get the girls to do that on a regular length line at OWC, then the boys out there might start to step it up.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Joe I understood what you were saying.You thought I was being too harsh.The video didn't work for me. I also thought the pink was a helmet. I struggled to recognize my daughter at first.

And ewing............. actually why bother?? People honestly just love to stir it up.

John, Maxine can do all of those tricks on a regular line and even Nicola does Raleys, blind judges, etc at OWC. And if you can do them there you can do them anywhere.

Cable is going to get big.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-19-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
John, Maxine can do all of those tricks on a regular line and even Nicola does Raleys, blind judges, etc at OWC. And if you can do them there you can do them anywhere.

That's good to hear Chris. This is the first year since OWC opened that I haven't bought a pass, so I haven't been keeping up with what's been going on. I just taught my wife to drive the boat 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to get in shape and get my behind the boat skills back.

I said that because it's rare to see a female do an air trick on the cable at OWC. OWC also historically had the least accomplished riders wrt air tricks of probably any cable. So bad in fact that OWC never even considers air tricks in their local tournaments.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-19-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Really John? I saw Raimi and Nicola there in Feb and they were throwing down HUGE air tricks. Do you think its because its pretty choppy there? Just wondering not throwing dirt or anything. Just out of curiosity where do you think they throw the highest air tricks? I ride at KCW and have ridden OWC but no other ones YET!!
p.s. I'm not one of them throwing air tricks:-)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-19-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
I don't think it's because it's choppy. The chop bothers me more on the sliders than the air tricks. They just never developed more than a few riders with air trick skills. There is nothing wrong with the cable at OWC, although it's not quite at high as TSR and some others (helps with hang time).

Rixen is IMO a worse cable for throwing air tricks than OWC, but a lot of awesome riders came out of there. Everyone just concentrated on sliders at OWC. I'm not saying that there hasn't been riders that came to OWC with air trick skills, but only a few developed them from scratch at Odub.

Again, I haven't been keeping up lately. I didn't buy a pass this year because I slacked off so much last year that I would have come out ahead just paying per visit.

(Message edited by fly135 on June 19, 2009)
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-19-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
thanks guys. More to come more to come
Old     (ejazzle)      Join Date: May 2009       06-19-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
vimeo isnt messed up. That is just how he edited it. lol

Sick vid DC.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2009, 5:14 AM Reply   
it wasn't really until this year that air tricks were looked down upon at odub. now its "cool" to learn them but this was not until pretty recently.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-20-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
what is the first track in that vid
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-21-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
a raley?
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       06-22-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
No grabs? The Hoffs would have fit right in.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-22-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
whoa a little cheap shot in there eh? Sup with that?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-22-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
The reason I seldom post anymore. Always somebody looking to stir it up. Don't really even know what he means by that????
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-22-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
forums are great. People post videos pictures of actual riding and these guys who sit on forums all day just love to stir Its fun though cause were out there doing work and riding and thier sitting at home
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
I post all the time...what are you trying to say, DirtyCracker???
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-22-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
im trying to say its easy to come on here and just buzzkill it up. Its sometimes fun Ill admit it. Forums are taken to seriously also sometimes. Forums are great for making fun of each other and talking crap but almost everyone i ever made fun on forum i would be totally cool to ride with and chill in real life
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-22-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
"forums are great. People post videos pictures of actual riding and these guys who sit on forums all day just love to stir •••••••• Its fun though cause were out there doing work and riding and thier sitting at home"

Hey, weren't you banned from wakeskating.com for sitting at home and ruining threads?

If karma exists, this isn't going to be the last thread of yours that goes off track.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
busted!
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2009, 3:09 AM Reply   
Welcome to internet discussion boards. There will always be some who continually post the one-liners with no intent other than to bait someone into a flame session. Don't feed the trolls. As far as sitting on a msgboard all day goes, working seems to confine me to that more than I would like these days and I assume so for a lot of people here.

As far as the video goes - can't see it here at work, wish I could. Thank God for the wakeboardingmag.com vids, the powers at be have yet to ban that site yet.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-23-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
How can you not laugh at this stuff. These threads veer so far off track and normally end in name calling and mud slinging. Almost every thread. You gotta laugh.

What happened to the "no grabs" guy?
Old    lessons?            06-25-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
I have come to the conclusion all wakeboarders have A.D.D., what's really funny is i must be one of them i just took this post in another direction. lol.... ah you gotta love these people :-)

have a good day people and go ride.
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-29-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
Okay well, I'm a chick and watched the VIDEO (you know the subject originally). I don't care about editing, when you see women going off like this it's awesome to watch. Why be so critical, these women are amazing to watch, who cares if there is no grabs and the editing might not be perfect, but the point is these women are tearing it up. They are truley women who inspire the rest of us to go big and try new things. If you have anything to say it should be that.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-29-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
no one is ever going to be happy with a video. Each person has different ideas and expectations i guess. Its alot easier to talk something down then to actually go out and do it
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
haha...I love how you just kinda blame everyone else for not liking your videos instead of taking it to heart that people don't like your editing.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-29-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
oo ya so when one person likes it and someones dosnt. what do i do??? Scotta ur just jealous and u know it. get a life
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
I know you haven't been around long, but there have been PLENTY of videos on this site that have been a joy to watch, so it's not as if it isn't possible to make a video that the masses will enjoy. So, I wouldn't say it's everyone else's opinions that are off...
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-29-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
ok scott thanks for the advice. your my inspiration in life.

Ill refrain from posting on wakeworld if that makes u happy. I should pry editing instead of sitting here on this forum
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-30-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Dirty Cracker- You have to produce a Sidewayz quality film here to make people happy..... And then STILL people will complain about something....