Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (safeboater)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
Attention wake boarders Northern California is cracking down this weekend and 4th of July weekend. Operation dry water will be in affect, BUI check points will be in affect. Be safe this summer, for safety tips go to http://www.boatresponsibly.com.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
I'll be home doing traffic school and yard work
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-29-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
i hope so cause i didnt see a sheriff all last weekend and there were idiots everywere. didnt even see sheriffs at orwood.

why dont they have people at the launch ramps that hand out flyers and take to people about safe boating tactics? So many people are just clueless.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-29-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
whats your M.O. Safetyteam????
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
this was in full effect on the main lake here in indiana. Thanks for the heads up though.

Wouldn't the MO be promoting boating safety? Like it or not, people whine about it all the time on here, and now there's an org out trying to the exact thing people wanted, yet, people will find something to poke and complain about.

People just got warned, they will be cracking down on BUI's and drinking while boating Nationally... Not just Cali, they're doing it most places.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-29-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
No Hard Feelings just wondering whats up with it. I like the Idea of promoting safety, just wondering if there are strings attached.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-29-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
good! they should do it every weekend.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-29-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
I usually never even get on the water during the 4th and that weekend, it's the craziest time of the year. I only care about wakeboarding and there is no way thats getting done unless it's a 6am set. At my grandparents lakehouse it's always fun to sit back on the beach and drink a beer and laugh at everyone else. Then maybe wander over to the boat ramp on the mule and have some more laughs hahaha.

After typing that I'm thinking about a 6am set now haha, I wanna ride everyday!