Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
I wrote into wakeboarding mag back when we had got busted for winching down at the lake on the ice. Anyways it made it into the mag, and I won a new wakeskate. Pretty cool i thought. Check it out if you get a chance..

Anyways, while riding over the weekend my buddy chad was doing huge front rolls all day, and they were looking real good. Then he ended up wrecking on one of them. I swung around to pick him up, and i asked if hes goin again, when he informed me that he broke his leg. He was not kidding! Snapped both Tibia and fibula! the bone came right out of his skin. I jumped in and we unbolted the bindings from the board then removed the one boot(good leg), we flew back to the launch and medics n police met us. Props to them, did a great job. It was quite a day on the lake...The funny thing is that the fish comission showed up and it was the guy who gave us the ticket from winching. Filled out a bunch of paper work with him, and we ran into him again in the ER. We BS'd for awhile and I ended up telling him that his face is going to be in the june issue. In the end he ended up being a good guy and said to swing over to their boat if we see him so he can check out the artical. Were trying to get in the "friend zone" with this guy, maybe save us on some fines next time.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-29-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Wow... bummer. Best of luck to your friend. That's nasty.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
I love the guy in cut off shirt with the needle.

al
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
gave me the shivers
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
ahaha ya the guy in the cut off is our buddy pat who is a medic, and just rolled down when he heard the call. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

Ya i even have a hard time looking at that pic. They cut my laces out of my boot, so i gota find some new ones somewhere. All the white on the boot was red by the time it was all done with. I dont know if i want to ride with them anyways..i think they are cursed now. I cut a deal on them if you wana buy ahahah. Mint condition.
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
heres the letter with the guy who gave us the fineUpload
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
So hows the wakeskate ?

Just kidding, definitely a huge bummer, hope he is okay.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-29-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
should send that letter to alliance as well and get some wakeskate shoes

that sux about the broken bones though. good luck to him and your crew making friends with the enforcers
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-30-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
That sucks for your buddy. Hope he gets well soon.

How much was the ticket for winching?
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
My buddy did the same thing with a Scare Crow last year... we made a mess on the Union Point dock with all the blood.

(Message edited by fulltilt429 on April 30, 2009)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
Hope he has a quick recovery. Did they nail it? I did that 15 years ago on a horse....just takes time.

Sounds like a good plan to make friends with that guy!!

(Message edited by rnopr8 on April 30, 2009)
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       04-30-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
what exactly did you get the fine for? like what law were you breaking?
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-01-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
The jeep that had the winch was parked on the lake bed (because the water was so low).

I posted some pictures and a larger size version of the article on the homepage here: http://wakeboardpittsburgh.com/

Its good to see some people in our area in a wakeboard magazine. The last time was when they did the 50 states article and our local nautique dealer was quoted as saying that our wakeboard scene is dismal...

There are a ton of people who wakeboard in Western PA, but no body knows each other because we are separated into small sections on the rivers by locks and dams. We are working on fixing this with the website.

Get well soon Chad!
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-01-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, parking on a lake bed is illegal in PA. I did not make that very clear in my above post. That is why they got the ticket.
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
Ya kyle is right. Website is nice man! I will spread the word to locals about it. but ya, when we wer at the hospital talkin to the guy he said that as long as we dont take the jeep down on the shore we are good. My buddy ernie already made legs for the winch so we can just drive stakes into the ground and the winch is good to go. I remeber that article about the scene being "dismal". I realisticaly live in the middle of nowhere pa, so that comment wasnt far from the truth.

- also ernie lost in court. fine was $120. we split it 3 ways to be fare
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
Haha I just read that yesterday. Sucks about your buddy. Sorry to hear about the ticket but nice to hear more about your story. Peace.
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
I talked to him the other day. Hes home now, and doing theropy. Ill be back in town after finals next week "thank god!", and ill b swingin by to check up on his ass. I got a feeling hes not guna b riding for awhile.