Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2021, 8:56 AM Reply   
looking for some advice on the power wedge settings on a 2021 malibu lsv
Its a friends boat and i was the first to wakeboard on it, i guess people only surf these days
my previous experience with the wedge is the old one you would manually lock down and then the free floating manual one on a axis
this one had 6 or 8 settings. I didnt drive to much so didnt have time to figure it out.
On the ones i had previous experience i liked the wedge down effecting the wake so you would go higher instead of farther.
Today we started at a 3 and it seemed to have a little lip. The wake seemed clean but like a bump at the top edge. Then he moved it to a 2 and it seemed much smaller.
First time on his boat so i wasnt sure what to do with it and didnt want to be too invasive with their settings.

Any advice would be great
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2021, 10:43 AM Reply   
ok, so i have done some more research and have more questions.
There is a lift mode which pretty much puts it straight down and that is supposed to help the boat get on plane. That seems different then my understanding of the wedge, that would put more force down. But im no expert.
Then as the numbers get higher there is more angle, with the highest number being stowed. I know i need to play around with it but i would love to hear where you guys wakeboard at.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-01-2021, 11:24 AM Reply   
IMO I just would run ballast and stow the wedge. I haven’t ridden a Malibu newer than ‘15, so things may be different now, but I tend to prefer wedge”less” anyway.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-14-2021, 8:44 PM Reply   
I have no idea how theres so many of these posts.... you've literally spent more time on the internet than it takes to figure this $*it out on the boat. Takes all of 5 min. Fill all of the tanks. Drive 21mph or your prefered speed, press the switch up and down and look at the wake to determine how close to the moon you want to be launched. Then get in and ride. Why are people afraid to press a button on the wedge thats made to be moved to different settings!? full ballast, adjust wedge to liking- done.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2021, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
I have no idea how theres so many of these posts.... you've literally spent more time on the internet than it takes to figure this $*it out on the boat. Takes all of 5 min. Fill all of the tanks. Drive 21mph or your prefered speed, press the switch up and down and look at the wake to determine how close to the moon you want to be launched. Then get in and ride. Why are people afraid to press a button on the wedge thats made to be moved to different settings!? full ballast, adjust wedge to liking- done.
sorry for bothering you with my post. I wasnt able to find other posts like it so if you can link to some that would be great. Like i mentioned it wasnt my boat and i dont get much time on it to really play around. The owner doesnt wakeboard, only surfs. Thought id get some advice from the community. Didnt take to long to few a searches and make a post. I guess i used this site incorrectly, my bad bass10after.
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-10-2021, 10:35 AM Reply   
We use setting 3. If we go any higher the boar will porpoise