Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-14-2015, 11:51 AM Reply   
Question for you guys: I have a Boss Pro Tower and last weekend I had it folded down, which for this tower is back. On the way out of the garage the observer seat side arm knicked top of the garage and knocked it out of alignment from meeting the lower unit so that I can connect the tower in the up position. It appears to be about 1/2" off the mark. Any ideas/thoughts on how i might be able to get in back into "alignment"?

Thanks!

David Garland
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
If it's only 1/2" you can try several methods depending on which way it bent. First, find the location of where the tower was bent. A bottle jack or a "come along" tool will do the trick. The tools can either push or pull the bent part. I recommend using the tower itself as the anchor point for the tool instead of of the boat. Good luck. Some bends are very easy to fix. Some aren't.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-14-2015, 1:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for that reply. The bend appears to be toward the tower so I cant use the tower. Would you recommend the come along tool over heating the arm and moving back in to place? I feel like I am going to screw this up, but no real other choice.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2015, 2:18 PM Reply   
Don't use heat. The aluminum will bend easily without it. If the bend is toward the tower then use a bottle jack between the tower and the bend. You may have to use a extender on the bottle jack or other hardware to secure the jack to the tower.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-14-2015, 2:41 PM Reply   
So then the bottle jack would push the arm forward (which is what I need)? How would I set that up? I have never used this equipment so its new to me.

Here is a pic of a tower like mine:

The bend is on the observer seat side, on the upper part where it meets the lower part,
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-14-2015, 7:27 PM Reply   
Old school reply would be attach a come along to a tree or some substantial structure (and your tower) and start cranking.