Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-13-2014, 7:24 PM Reply   
had a great evening on the water. sunset, cold ones, awesome. was exploring an area I didn't know at all and thought I found a sweet cove. Ended up hitting a stump on the way out. Hit it at idle, but ended up wrinkling one of the blades. Not bad, just a wrinkle. Has vibes all the way through speed range. Just curious if I run it like that, can I do any more damage? I seem to recall a pressure plate or something that can get messed up if you run it with bad vibes...

thoughts? called local dealer to see if they can put one on and reheat mine. I'll go see them tomorrow. What would you do?
Old     (Motosno963)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-13-2014, 7:35 PM Reply   
Nettle props does repair and also knows a lot about OJ and ACME props, thats where i picked mine up. vibration could mess with tranny, but i think if everything is still aligned then it shouldnt be to bad
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2014, 8:46 PM Reply   
Send it off to OJ or find a local shop that deals with nibral (nickel/brass/aluminum alloy) inboard props. Shouldn't be more than $150ish.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
Btw most boat dealers don't rework props themselves. They outsource it and charge a markup. Figure out who they use and save some bucks.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2014, 9:08 PM Reply   
If you fell vibration thru it common sense says get a new one on there and get that one repaired. You can mess up seals, tranny ect...not worth it. Ya need spare prop anyways. Bite the bullet. One should always have a spare.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-13-2014, 9:12 PM Reply   
Nettle is fantastic. I actually think my acme is better after they straightened it than it was straight from the factory. Whatever the shipping cost may be, it's totally worth it. And, in my experience, they turn stuff around quick.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-14-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Buy a new one and a prop puller kit. Yours will take awhile to fix and then in the future you will have two. Your dealer, acme, delta props can fix it.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-14-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
Oh yea. And don't drive it other than to get it out of the water.
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-14-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Ship it to precision propeller in Spokane Washington. They turn it around in just a couple days and have all the tooling for ACME and OJ. I've used them a half dozen times with great success. In fact, I should be getting a prop back from them Monday.
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-14-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
1 (509) 489-7765. Precision Propeller. Ask for Colton or Darrell. They're very knowledgeable, and can help with new prop selection based on your boat, elevation, load, gear ratio, use, and budget. I've purchases 2 used props from them over the years. Always at a very good price. I have no affiliation to them, and have never actually been to their shop, but I am a happy, repeat customer.

Last edited by Jed; 06-14-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-14-2014, 4:34 PM Reply   
I always say send it back to the OEM.... I noticed a significant difference in vibrations when fixed by a local shop vs. fixed by ACME.

I have had amazing experience working with ACME, they are great on the phone, fast turn around, and they do a great job...

Local shops just pound them back into shape, they have no high precision method of balancing or tuning.... spend the bit extra and get it done right....

also, buy a spare, and a puller.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-16-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
got another one put on saturday and enjoyed the weekend. I'll get this one sent off to get reshaped and have a spare on hand.

I just drove it to get it on the trailer.

Prolly need another thread, just curious what you guys are running on a 23' foot boat? we surf a lot but would like to run a couple thousand pounds for wakeboarding too.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-16-2014, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
got another one put on saturday and enjoyed the weekend. I'll get this one sent off to get reshaped and have a spare on hand.

I just drove it to get it on the trailer.

Prolly need another thread, just curious what you guys are running on a 23' foot boat? we surf a lot but would like to run a couple thousand pounds for wakeboarding too.
Looks like you want the ACME 911 - http://www.wakemakers.com/sanger-wak...oat-propellers
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-19-2014, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
I always say send it back to the OEM.... I noticed a significant difference in vibrations when fixed by a local shop vs. fixed by ACME.

I have had amazing experience working with ACME, they are great on the phone, fast turn around, and they do a great job...

Local shops just pound them back into shape, they have no high precision method of balancing or tuning.... spend the bit extra and get it done right....

also, buy a spare, and a puller.
ACME outsources their repairs as well.

I have an ACME repaired prop; the repair looks like ass but It performs correctly, but ACME just uses a local joint to fix it.