Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DKidneyBean)      Join Date: May 2010       08-15-2018, 10:20 AM Reply   
Is there a boat that holds more people with a shorter garage length than the Axis A22?

Total length with platform removed, wedge down and trailer tongue folded = 22'9''
Seating capacity = 15

?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-15-2018, 10:46 AM Reply   
Maybe an MC X22... but I wouldnt actually put more than like 7 or 8 people in it
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       08-22-2018, 6:28 PM Reply   
Define "holds". You talking about official capacity or actually having seats for people to sit in and not be wedged together. I can't imagine any boat in that size range actually being comfortable for 15.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-22-2018, 9:32 PM Reply   
yea the t22 because it doesn't have wasted length in forks or in the bow- the cabin is more useable.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-23-2018, 6:56 AM Reply   
As stated above, most of the capacity ratings are not accurate and often a complete joke. You can't go by what the manufacturer says. Look at each boat interior and picture where people in your crew would sit. Use that for your capacity rating. Personally, I'm looking for a boat with shorter rear storage compartments which provides more seat space. I don't want sunpad taking up space instead of seats. I also don't like when the window is very far back from the front of the bow. This creates huge bow space but I'd rather have the space behind the front window. Hope this helps you a little.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-23-2018, 8:52 AM Reply   
for plane and boat seat capacity, divide the rating by 2. gets you pretty close to comfortable capacity. the coast guard must use 8 yo girls to establish a boat's capacity, real world use is nowhere near that. mine's rated for 14 IIRC. no way in hell i'd have 14 in my boat. 6 or 7 starts getting crowded.

looks like A22 is a good one. on trailer, the front edge is right over the tongue hinge, the pickle bow is good because it opens up bow seating quite a bit.

Last edited by denverd1; 08-23-2018 at 8:55 AM.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-24-2018, 2:17 PM Reply   
A Pontoon?
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       08-25-2018, 10:54 AM Reply   
Why would you want 15+ people in your boat? If your crew is that big, you are looking at the wrong type of boat anyways. I've got a RZ4 that is "rated" for 17 people, but the most I've had onboard was 11, and that was absolutely miserable with all the coolers, bags, and other crap that everyone brings with them. Usually myself, my wife, daughter, and maybe 5-6 other people is the most I like to take out with us.
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       08-25-2018, 11:27 AM Reply   
We've had 13 (3 families) in our F22 several times going across Tahoe, but 7 of them were kids from age 7 - 15. Every inch of seating was taken up. We had fun but we weren't trying to do any watersports or anything and I certainly wouldn't want that to be the usual amount of people on the boat!
Old     (DKidneyBean)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2018, 2:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, the reason for wanting to maximize the seating capacity is because when it's just not my family, we are usually hosting family with several little kids. We take a lot of short trips up and down the river to float and eat on weekends when the water is too rough/busy to Pull. Right now I have a 21' older V-drive and was considering upgrading but would want the highest seating capacity for the times we do fill up the boat with little ones but I only have 23' feet in the garage. Plus with the limited time we have these days, the more the merrier. Thanks
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       08-29-2018, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKidneyBean View Post
Yeah, the reason for wanting to maximize the seating capacity is because when it's just not my family, we are usually hosting family with several little kids. We take a lot of short trips up and down the river to float and eat on weekends when the water is too rough/busy to Pull. Right now I have a 21' older V-drive and was considering upgrading but would want the highest seating capacity for the times we do fill up the boat with little ones but I only have 23' feet in the garage. Plus with the limited time we have these days, the more the merrier. Thanks
If height isn't a concern and only length have you checked out the new Tige ZX1? Subfloor ballast and a monster transom so plenty of freeboard for the young kiddos. Plus I've been told the thing is so big that it feels like a 23fter even though it's "only" 21.5
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-05-2018, 7:21 PM Reply   
Moomba craz, specs say 16 ppl 22' long, probably similar to the A22 on the trailer with the tongue folded. I agree with your capacity and length reasoning.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-06-2018, 10:47 AM Reply   
The Supra SR has capacity for 14 and with platform removed and tongue folded is right about 22'. You can remove the pin for the wakeplate to get a few more inches.