Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-08-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
Anyone have any reviews on this?

http://www.perfski.com/liquid-force-...le-black1.html

I am looking for a new handle/rope combo and having a damn hard time finding all the features I want in one package. I like the idea of putting the wrap handle wherever I want, so this add-on wrap handle is attractive. But I'm wondering does it hold up? For the installation it says just tie a knot in your handle lead line (just in front of the "Y") where you want it, then screw the two pieces of this handle on.

Most handles have a plastic tube coating around the rope, so would you need to cut a section of this out to get to the bare rope I'm assuming? Also it looks like the the threads will bear a lot of the load once the two pieces are screwed together? My old wrap handle had an aluminum bar for the 6" T wrap handle, and the rope split and tied around it.

Here's what I'm looking for in a combo, so if anyone has suggestions let me know.
1) min 80ft total length with handle
2) prefer a suede grip over foam, with diameter on the smaller side
3) round bar, not oval
4) T-bar wrap handle
5) don't want one of the coated ropes (ride quite a few different boats and like to be able to adjust the rope to where ever I want it, I have a special loop knot for doing this, but with a coated rope the strain where you attach will cut into the plasticy coating and mess it all up
6) least important, but if at all possible I don't want neon green, orange etc... Too much wake gear has too much neon right now.

There is one rope I've fount that fits nearly all the bills.
It is a coated rope, but the last two sections are 2.5 ft so it will give the adjustability I need without the special loop knot. I don't really want to pay $180 for a rope/handle combo though, cause no matter what brand the grips just don't seem to hold up more than a season and a half.

http://followmenow.com/shop/handles/...lor=brownwhite

Some other options, but would require the LF T-bar addition

https://www.buywake.com/ronix-2017-c...e-handle-combo

I really like this Ambush one, and the price, but required both the T-bar addition, AND three 5 ft non coated additional sections to get the 80ft full length I want. So by the time I do all that, the $99 price point is kinda shot.

https://www.buywake.com/ambush-board...e-handle-combo

Anyone know of any other options?

I am kicking myself right now cause Evo had that Follow BP package for $144.95 a few days ago but they sold out.....
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-09-2017, 7:16 AM Reply   
The liquid force adjustable t works if you have a non coated line you can tie a knot in. I don't know if I would use it on a coated line. It screws together and may damage a coating.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-09-2017, 8:21 AM Reply   
My LF T handle survived an incident with my prop, so it holds up pretty good
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-09-2017, 11:29 AM Reply   
Thanks guys...

I was beginning to worry that I would get no responses since "surf" was not in the title of the thread.

WS. I hear ya.... I'm not sure anyone even makes a handle where the "Y" and leader line is not coated or encased in tubing. I suppose I could cut off the tubing or strip the coating for just an inch or two on either side of the knot I tie?

Think I've decided on this Ronix combo with the LF T handle added to it.
http://www.evo.com/wakeboard-handles...black-grey.jpg
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-09-2017, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have that T handle on my line. Works fine. The only thing is that once it somehow came loose and fell off. The two pieces float so we were luckily able to find them. Now I make sure it's tight every set.
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-10-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
The LF t-handle add on is a good idea. I just think that to use it your best option would be to find a handle that uses a non coated line and then attach it to whatever rope you feel is best. I purchased a LF Watson T handle deal similar to this:
http://www.evo.com/wakeboard-handles...hite-green.jpg
The grip on the handle was terrible and fell apart on the first use. I then replaced it with a hyperlite a-line mainline and a ronix one handle. Both are coated so I have not added the t-bar. Thankfully, I don't really need it.
If you are set on the t-bar I'd bite the bullet and bullet and buy the ronix one t handle with a non-coated mainline of your choice. You'll pay more up front but hopefully save money in the end by replacing the grip rather than the entire handle after it deteriorates from use.
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-10-2017, 9:30 AM Reply   
I have basically the same rope and handle, but mine was the Bob Soven version. I agree, the grip is terrible. Felt good at first but fell apart pretty quickly.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2017, 10:45 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, that is exactly the input I was looking for.

It is a cool idea... but man that thing just doesn't look all that durable. Plus the ONLY place I could find it was at BoardCo, and by the time I paid the $9.99 for the handle and $8.00 shipping I would have been $145 into a rope/handle combo with the Ronix 4.0 setup I was looking at. Now when I normally shop at the online places I'll find other stuff (boardshorts, sandals, stickers, T-shirts) whatever to make a $50 min and not pay shipping. But damn BoardCo just didn't have anything of interest to me.

So I just ordered this from evo.
http://www.evo.com/wakeboard-handles...line-white.jpg
But I got a white one, and looks like the last one cause the website now says out of stock.

So the only thing I'm giving up is the fact that this is a coated rope. But it does have a couple 2.5' sections so that get's the adjustability I was after. I really don't like the coated ropes, but this looks like a good reasonable package, especially considering all the LF stuff is almost $200.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-14-2017, 9:14 AM Reply   
I have them on every handle. On my older handles that had the hard plastic moulding, I took a razor and carefully cut it off exposing the dyneema/spectra line. Tied off the knot in whatever distance felt right. On my coated rope, I just tied a knot and left it. No peeling or separation so far.

Ive also wrapped my T-handles in electrical tape. The foam starts to peel over time and i didn't want the handles to untwist and loosen up. I have had a few do that over the years. I don't notice any slipping ever so its worked well for me.
Attached Images