Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-18-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
I'm interested in this boat http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...380624747.html as an upgrade this year but just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the engine being replaced? I have an email in to the local Tige dealer where the replacement was done to see what the whole issue was and if there is any ongoing issues I would need to be aware of going forward or additional warranty from Tige. Wakeboarding is becoming less and less with my crew and surfing will probably increase due to the fact that my current DD sucks for surfing. Doing some homework I see the 22VE can put out a decent wave. I've also read about the perfect pass control being a pain depending on the year. Anyone familiar with this model that can give some feedback? It's right in my budget or even below a bit but I don't want to inherit a bunch of problems.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-18-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
I wouldn't let the engine being replaced bother you too much. It happens all the time in boats. Engine in the Axis we used to own went out with 250 hours on it due to the harmonic balancer being just slightly off. So boat was well taken care of and had all maintenance done etc but still required a new engine. On another boat the engine had to be replaced at 2.5 hours because it was bad from the factory. It happens and may not have been from neglect. Just a bad set of circumstances.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-18-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
The 22Ve puts out better then a decent surf wave. I would not expect an 06 or 07 Tige to have have Perfect Pass, due to the engine's throttle by wire system. It would have had Tige's Speed-Set. Who is actually selling this boat, as in who placed the add? Is it an 06 or an 07? Looks like an 07 based on the helm and bench seat cushions. 5 speakers on the tower (wet sounds) but has Samson pictured? Looks like a Perfect Pass gauge to the right of the steering wheel, I wonder if they changed the ECM and throttle system along with the block and exhaust manifolds.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-18-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. Mike, any pictures of your wave you could send me or post? I couldn't remember when I posted this what Tige called their speed set so that's why i just said PP. I had the same question regarding year and speakers. Was hoping to hear from the local Tige dealer before I went out and looked at the boat.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-18-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
The add actually states it has perfect pass. So if it actually has PP Pro, then thats a huge plus over the Tige Speed Set. If you have a tigeowners.com login, you can find tons of 22Ve surf pics. Id have to dig deep to find any of mine.