Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2015, 4:44 PM Reply   
Am I the only one that cares this was his first album in 15 years and one of the very few he has rapped on? I have have listened to it countless times already. While it is not the "detox" album I wanted, it is good. Very West Coast and very much solid beats and back tracks. I am not saying greatest album or they are all perfect, but that is how I felt about chronic 2001 for a few years. I am a guy that does not care for new rap and while booty bouncing rap has its place, I never turn it on when I want to listen to music. Todays' pop/rap bores me and is all about a hook. I guess you can say the same for pop/country/metal.

I have waited for over 7 years for the movie since I heard early rumblings of it. I am a huge West Coast rap and NWA fan and can't wait. Going to see it in Riverbank tomorrow with the recliners and full bar. Was even thinking of bringing some 40 Oz. Old E and pouring some out for Eazy E
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-12-2015, 5:00 PM Reply   
Are we talking about the album titled Compton? I absolutely hated it, thought it was some of his weakest work. Listened to it once and promptly deleted off my phone. Not at all my style, but that is what's great about music, something for everyone.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-12-2015, 10:19 PM Reply   
Man I still listen to chronic 2001! Actually I listened to it this past Sunday while shredding.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2015, 7:09 AM Reply   
I will take his personal track - Talking to my diary - That is very old skool. To me that was worth the album alone.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-13-2015, 1:07 PM Reply   
The best part of that group died of AIDS a long time ago. Ice Cube had a couple of good ones but Eazy definitely stole the show ... and I do mean a 211.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2015, 2:25 PM Reply   
I'm looking forward to the movie, but I too thought the soundtrack was very weak. Most sounds annoyed me so much that I had to hit skip mid song.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-13-2015, 6:18 PM Reply   
Eazy_E had the voice... but Ice Cube is the poet. He wrote most of their best stuff. He pretty much wrote every bar Dre spit on those NWA albums.

I'm not in love with Compton after one listen.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2015, 7:05 AM Reply   
The movie is fantastic. Lots of drama from the opening scene. The actors did a good job and Cube's son is a dead ringer for him. The music is great of course. It really shows the back end story of Suge Knight and Dre and Cube switching labels a few times. Very enjoyable and great back story. We will be going to see it again for sure.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-14-2015, 8:42 AM Reply   
Thanks Buffalow. I've heard great things. Gonna catch a late showing tonight after I leave the Seahawks preseason game. If I could sneak in a set this morning, it would make for a pretty epic dang day!!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2015, 9:01 AM Reply   
True rich - I am hoping to ride today, got an event this afternoon and may just sneak back to sit it. Best off the place I went to see it has leather recliners, DFX, a full bar and serves food to your seats!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
Went and saw the movie on Friday night. Very well done! If you are an NWA/Ice Cube/Dr. Dre fan, you will definitely like the movie. I agree about Ice Cube's son, he is a dead ringer! I also like that they have the DOC in there and a little clip about what happened to him as his music was ahead of its time as well and I still listen to his songs.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-17-2015, 12:10 PM Reply   
I'm gonna have to see the movie! I dig the D.O.C. and the "no one can do it better" album. Beautiful But Deadly Rocked and was the best track imo.
Agree Eazy_E was the #1 artist of the NWA group but they were all extremely talented. Dr. Dre and Ice Cube definitely had more of the business sense.