Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old    SubaruFiend            01-09-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
I was wondering if any chicks here have had any problems with their implants while they wake boarded??? I got mine done last March and started wakeboarding in July (I had been given the all clear to get back to full activity 3 months out of surgery.... mine are Gummy Silicone UNDERS)..... in August I fell weird in which my back edge caught and I twisted really hard to the left which sort of flung my left arm out really hard when I came to the abrupt stop when my edge caught. I tried to get back up on my board after that fall but I could tell I hurt something when I fell.

A couple weeks later I was still having some very minor aches in my left pec muscle. It didn't hurt all the time, mainly when I exercised and lifted weights. I told my surgeon and he said to rest my left arm for another 2 months, which I did. That of course brought me into winter time (I live in Chicago) so it was too cold to wakeboard anyways.

My question is if anyone else has hurt themselves in this fashion while wake boarding? Even though I was 5 months out from surgery is it possible I tore my pec muscle and I just keep re-hurting it every time I lift weights??? (It still hurts off and on to this day.... which is now 10 months since my surgery... and 5 months since I fell funny.....
Old    Swass            01-10-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
Almost 14 hours now, and no "this thread is useless without pics" response. How disappointing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
My wife has the "unders" too. Never had an issue with wakeboarding or anything else. She did complain that early on that isolated chest exercises made for a weird feeling of the implant moving with the contraction of the pec muscle. It's pretty rare that she lifts weights on an iso routine, so it hasn't been an issue.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-16-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
I also have breast implants and I had under the muscle and fell really hard while catching front edge one time. Hurt pec muscle pretty bad and implact rose and stayed high. Had surgery to correct and now I have over the muscle. No problems now. I decided to switch to over the muscle so my muscles would move more freely. If your really athletic sometimes this placement is better option. PM if you have questions.......
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-23-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
590 dudes have clicked this thread in hopes of pics...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-30-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
make that 591!
Old     (V)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-31-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
1035 views.....................................
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-31-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
My wife has had them for 10yrs, no issues and she has fallen MANY times,hard hits,no issues. Get multiple opinions and exams. Noit all the docs are created equal or practice their craft with the same care and professionalism.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-01-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
I've had them for several years and they take a beating when going down......................

Name:  03-b129.jpg
Views: 10222
Size:  14.5 KB
Old     (Bavaria)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-26-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Hi there!

I'm a professional cable-wakeboarder and I'm thinking about getting implants (Plastic surgeons recommends unders). @Girls with implants: Do you feel a loss of strength? Can you do all tricks (invert-, spin-tricks, obstacle-tricks) as well as before?
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-27-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
I have them and can spin and flip. My only recommendation would to get over the muscle since you are athletic and use those pec/chest muscles alot especially with cable riding however under the muscle still works for athletics but just not for me! I tried both ways. Most body builders or women that work out alot usually go with overs. GOod Luck
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-19-2013, 4:37 AM Reply   
I may have never been more disappointed in a thread than this one ;-)
Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2013, 11:14 AM Reply   
The ER docs and sports trainers recommend R.I.C.E. for any traumatic (muscle) injury...that is Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-29-2013, 10:53 PM Reply   
If you throw up some pictures or send them my way ill be able to better help address if riding should be an issue. Trust me, my home smells of rich mahogany.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-30-2013, 2:30 AM Reply   
The only thing that's worse than fake boobs is a thread about fake boobs with no pictures. Keep the stock ones!
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-30-2013, 11:31 PM Reply   
On a serious note I did rie with a chick yesterday with implants. She doesn't go huge but she didn't seem to have any issues. I've seen some hard crashes and no issues breast related thus far.
Old     (kneves)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-04-2013, 8:12 PM Reply   
All I can say is thank goodness for a life vest. It doesn't matter how hard I crash, the first thing I check is to make sure my boobs are still intact. The only discomfort I've experienced is a tight fitting vest, but in all honesty that's a VERY good thing.

I got mine done over 10 years ago...god, where does the time go? They really didn't feel like they were mine and a part of me for a good six months. I've been really lucky and have had ZERO problems with them. Mine are unders as well.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-07-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
The way you describe the fall & the pain in the peck I would say you either tore, bruised / hurt the rotator connecting to the peck area. (I just realized this thread is a year old, nevermind)
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 6:01 PM Reply   
6,3xx + views.
17 replies
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-25-2013, 5:56 AM Reply   
Old    BamaMojo            05-28-2015, 5:14 PM Reply   
Hmmmmm
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-29-2015, 5:26 AM Reply   
Holy 2 year thread bump...
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-07-2015, 1:16 PM Reply   
Hahahaha! this is the first time I have laughed out loud while reading on WW......
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-02-2015, 10:28 AM Reply   
(@)(@)

thats all you get
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-10-2016, 2:38 AM Reply   
I'm 45 with implants (under) I just took up surfing last year and loved it, I'm think of trying wake boarding this year, any girls out there my age wake boarding? Although I consider myself very fit I do have concerns with my age starting to wake board. Thanks.

S

Last edited by Summer225; 04-10-2016 at 2:39 AM. Reason: Typo
Old     (H20Baby07)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-10-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer225 View Post
I'm 45 with implants (under) I just took up surfing last year and loved it, I'm think of trying wake boarding this year, any girls out there my age wake boarding? Although I consider myself very fit I do have concerns with my age starting to wake board. Thanks.

S
You're never too old to start wakeboarding! I think it's awesome that you're into taking up a new sport. Just remember to listen to your body, load it with healthy fuel and don't get discouraged. I taught my Mom to wakeboard when she was 52 and she had so much fun!
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-11-2016, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Baby07 View Post
You're never too old to start wakeboarding! I think it's awesome that you're into taking up a new sport. Just remember to listen to your body, load it with healthy fuel and don't get discouraged. I taught my Mom to wakeboard when she was 52 and she had so much fun!
I've learned that advice the hard way.....thanks for the words of encouragement.