Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (wkgrl)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-29-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Last Friday I went to the Maven session in Eden Prarie, MN. I learned how to wakeskate from Andrea Fountain and Barret Pearlman. Im new at this so if anyone has advice on what kinda tricks i can try that would be great. I ride a Hyperlite Scape. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Old     (lakehippie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Hey lainie im in the same boat...just started last weekend...so anyone with helpful tips id love em too
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Hey! Im really a newbie at wakeskating too. The first things you should try are ollies and maybe some boardslides.

you can check out the site wakeskating.com they have lots of cool info as well.

here's a very short video of my first lipslide 180

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cu2TIVXgif4
Old     (wkgrl)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Hey Cris! Thanks for the advice

I checked out wakeskating.com. It had a lot of great advice.

I'm going out this weekend so i'm pretty excited.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-31-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
first lipside 180 that is freaking hard! that is awesome!
Old     (lakehippie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 4:42 AM Reply   
im going out this weekend and cant wait to try some things out...
thanks for the advice

and the lipside 180 looked great! thanks for the vid..

lainie where exactly do you ride? Im in WI too..
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
Thanks ;)

Glad I could help! wakeskating is so much fun!
Old     (lakehippie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
hey cris what skate do you ride?
and i know a lot of people take their fins off when they start putting down tricks... just curious if you have kept yours on or not??
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
I have a 41' Cassette that I bought for 50 bucks a couple of years ago, but I haven't ridden it that much, I think I haven't even taken it out this year to the boat. It has very small fins and it's very slippery even like that, so I've kept them on. I think it may be like in wakeboarding, that sometimes it makes it easier to land sketchy without having your fins catch you.
Old     (wkgrl)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Abby-

I ride in Barnes. It's in the middle of no where :-)
Saturday was primo riding!! No one was on our lake (middle eau clarie) and it was pure butter!!!

I almost landed my first ollie so i was pretty syked :-)
Old     (lakehippie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-04-2008, 4:55 AM Reply   
thats awesome on the ollie!!!
i ride closer to the milwaukee area and we had real choppy water on sat which sucked but i was working on a little fs 180, stuck it but then ate it when i was riding right foot forward..so i gotta work on switching back left right away....

but choppy water or not i love to get all the ride time in i can..wakeskating is def a drug!!!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-04-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
wakeskating in choppy water is hard!!

congrats on almost landing your ollie (lainie) and on that fs 180! (abby)
Old     (littewend)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Does anyone make wakeskate shoes for girls? Or do we just have to find boy sizes?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-13-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
I haven't heard of them... but Stef Tor rides for UGP, maybe they have them?
Old     (jhammer)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-30-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
WAKESKATING IS RAD..MUCH BETTER FOR FALLING, HURTS LESS THAN A WAKEBOARD, LOL..IT TAKES TIIME, BUT ONCE YOU GET IT..YOUVE GOT IT:-)
Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-30-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey Lainie if you are going to try tricks on a wakeskate and want to not blow yourself up too much I would start with surface 180's, wake butterslides and really learning how to carve well on heelside and toes side.....then maybe through in later a surface 360....after you have those down then I would do ollie 180's, jumps and things.....but I would really work on getting the foundation down first of tricks before killing yourself on the other stuff.....also you may want to do alot of this behind the boat and not outside the wake to the right or left....since it will be easier at first...aslo may want to slow the boat down to around 17-20 max at first then once you are dialed go faster......hope this helps I just started wakeskating last year and have loved it!! Still wakeboard too though.... T.