Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old                10-24-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
I am the president of the Indiana University Wakeboard Club and we are trying to have a tournament in the spring. We have a few potential sponsors, but we need some more.
If you are interested in competing or sponsoring please email me at: waterski@indiana.edu or reply to this post.
Thank you
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-24-2005, 11:30 PM Reply   
KU will be down for sure. We're planning on hosting another one too. The last one was halottafun.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-25-2005, 12:04 AM Reply   
Dylan, what location will you have the event.
Old                10-25-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
not sure what location yet.....we're thinking about a local spot
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-25-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
I am the Indiana NWL Coordinator and IWSA board member.

If you dont have a spot, take a look at Cypress Lake about 1 hr from Bloomington @ StRd 11 & I-65, Exit 55.
Last year I got HB1183 passed into law which allows us to permit an event with the DNR on Indiana state owned property on any size lake. What this did is open up several hundred lakes.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/fish/fishng/county3.html

We could have the lake for the day to ourselves.

I can help you out with the permit, bring the 06 Supra Launch 21V - official sponsor of the collegiate nationals, and get the Red Bull crew there. Sound Good? But watch out for BSU

Old                10-26-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
Thats awesome!!! If you could email me at waterski@indiana.edu or if theres somewhere I can reach you that would be great. I'm actually from Winchester, its not far from muncie and I'll be home over thanksgiving. We've never done this before so we'll need all the help we can get.

I've got some response form a few schools.
Thanks a lot.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-31-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
Dylan,

We need to get started on this event. Call my cell 765-744-6310
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-08-2006, 12:46 AM Reply   
K-state will try to make a showing for sure!
if you could email me updates on times and any other info at tantrum@ksu.edu thanks
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Anything new on this event?
Old                04-10-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Western Michigan University would be down....what dates are you thinking?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-22-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
I recently discovered this post, www.midwestwakeboarder.com would sponsor.

Contact us for details.