Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                08-08-2005, 12:21 AM Reply   
Hey ive been riding for a couple of years now..i live on the delta..anybody around here ride out there or what? And what are the best tricks the girls are doing around here?
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       08-08-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
I live in sac, but my riding has been put on the back burner because of school anyway i can't do much i'm just now starting to be able to jump the wake.
Old                08-16-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
hey I live in Woodland, it's right by sac, I ride at berryessa but i have to go really early to get even decent water. I can almost clear the wake now and at camp they were helpin me work on a toe side 180. I'm still getting better but its cool to see that there are some girl riders around here
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-17-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
I ride the delta too:-)
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-17-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
I live in Sac too. I have yet to ride on the delta but am always willing. I just started riding this year and I'm completely addicted. I'm not that great but I get better everytime and I always have fun!
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
I live in sac but we ride berryessa and the river, it just depends on the day.. We have been boatless since early june as we traded ours in for a 2006 model. We actualy went to pick up our new boat today but they put the wrong tower on it so now still boatless until tuesday... So they tell us it will be delivered then...
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2005, 11:32 PM Reply   
Can any of you do tricks yet? Just wondering...I'm still trying to learn how to jump the wake. Did you take lessions or just figure it out?
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       08-25-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
I started by taking lessons, then cut my head open during one of the lessons trying to go wake2wake. So needless to say, that scared the crap outta me for a while and killed my confidence. I am just now starting to be able to jump the wake, but thats about it.
Old                08-25-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
I live in Discovery Bay and ride the Delta all the time (prefer the Delta over lakes). I'm currently throwing w2w both toe and heel side, grabs, I just strated trying spins and have been working on inverts but yet to land due to a bad fall and a mental block. Never have taken lessons, probably won't. If any of you girls want to head out with another good girl rider who's always down to give pointers shoot me a message! I don't have my own boat yet, but can hook pulls up!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-25-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
I can do a lot of tricks, but I have been riding 4 days a week in the summers for a few years. I started at square one, learning a strong foundation, good edging technique, then learned wake to wake toeside and heelside, grabs, 180's, then inverts and now spins(which are totally hard and I admire people who can land them consistently!)I didnt have a coach or take lessons, but I watched and learned from the guys I ride with that totally kill it! AND....I crash ALOT and dont give up when a trick seems impossible. I love to ride with other girls and I love to teach, so if any of you girls want to ride weekedays with us send me an email!

P.S. whats up Teri!How is your summer going?
Old                08-25-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Parkgirl - I'm doing good, haven't been riding nearly as much as I wanted to but it's all good. Are you riding in the open this weekend on the Delta? I'm not ready for winter yet, but I'm already starting to plan my big snowboarding trip to Utah in Jan! I can't wait! Keep in touch I've got Friday the 2nd off will you be in the area then?
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-25-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
I really wanted to do the open, but I have to work on Saturday and cant get out of it. Ive never done a wake contest, but maybe next year....
Im down in Tracy now until November, gonna spend one more winter in Tahoe then Im going to be moving down here permanently next spring. I have to work on Friday, I would love to ride with you sometime, but work friday thru sunday, maybe when weekends arent so hectic on the delta I can catch a sunday evening set with you guys.
Utah is great, especially Park City!

-andrea
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
I would love to ride w/ girls...I'm mean guys are fine but I think it would be cool to ride w/ other girls. So if any of you want to get together shoot me an e-mail. I don't have a boat either though...
Old                08-29-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
I ride in Nor Cal... I live in Mendocino county and ride at Lake Mendocino, Lake Pillsbury, and sometime s Clear Lake, are there any other girls in my area??? Hit me up! Let's go ride!
Old                09-01-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
We are always looking for female riders. We are on the delta all the time. Contact us if you want to ride.
Old     (fungirl)      Join Date: May 2001       09-02-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
I am a beginner also and ride on the Delta (and live in Dublin). I dont get a chance to go out much so Im kind of stuck at that level but if anyone wants a 3rd shoot me an email! I rode with a boatful of girls a couple of times and its very inspiring!

(Message edited by fungirl on September 02, 2005)