Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-23-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
My wife wants this board.. does anyone out here ride a mary jane ..she would like some info on the board from riders
right now she rides a 138 ricky g board
she loves the feel ,but we think its a little to big ...shes 5'7 109 pds
thanks
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-23-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
Sorry do not know to much about the board but I can tell you for sure that board is way to big for her. I would go with something no bigger then a 134 my two cents is a 131 to 133.
Here are a couple of other suggestions:

liquid force= diva series
hyperlite= Syn or eden series
Cwb= Lotus series

These are in no order

Good luck
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-23-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
IMO she can easily ride a 134. I went from a 137 to a 134 and I like both, I still go back and forth between them.

Try the Blindside Flower 134 (Assasin Model). My friend had it and I tried it and loved it. If she likes surface tricks have her put small fins on the Flower, mine were too long and kept sticking, so I got some smaller ones it is easier now.

If she does demo the Mary Jane, let us know what she thinks. I would be curious to see what they think.
Old                11-23-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
The MJ is basically the same mold as the RG, so if she likes the RG the MJ would be perfect
Old                11-29-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
I rode a Gator Mary Jane all last season and loved it.
It's really solid, edges great and has great pop.
The Liquid Force Diva boards are also really great- along w/ the LF bindings!!
I actually ride the GB Mary Jane with LF Alpha bindings
Old                12-01-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
I've been riding that board (MJ), since '00 when it was a BadAss board. My other favorite board is the D.U. soul series 134. Great smooth pop and a smooth landing. The shapes been around since '98.
Old                09-08-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have been trying everyones board last summer and this summer, I loved the MJ! 3 different friends 3 different builds we all think it is awesome I just ordered it! now looking for bindings!