Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old                04-01-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Me and some others are in the process of starting up a Wakeboarding club at UCF. We have most the paperwork done and are just looking for a faculty/staff advisor.
Just wanted to give a heads up to other UCF-er's out there. A prof. is supposed to tell me today whether he will be our advisor or not, but if this falls through if anybody knows of someone who could act as our advisor that would be awesome.
Feel free to email me for more info maher_c@hotmail.com
Chris
Old    atom_ant            04-01-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
Chris, sounds good, I'll be down there soon.
Old                04-01-2004, 11:37 PM Reply   
Chris, you know my contact info. Hit me up to ride OWC this weekend, if you don't get a pull. Peace.
Old                04-07-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Chris, haven't seen a post in awhile. Just saying whats up?? Hey, i'm holding you to that Calc 2 help. HAHA Peace
Old     (hype134)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-09-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
Any news on the wakeboard club? whether or not we got an advisor?
Old                04-09-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
Still looking.... I talked to one of my prof's and he got back to me a couple days later saying that he just had too many other commitments.
We'll take anyone at this point.
Is there any kind of website at UCF that would receive a lot of traffic from the faculty that I could post a message on?

Scott: I'll do whatever I can to help you as long as I dont have my crazy hard exams the next day.....unless you give me a pull on your new xstar before you haul it up north. Then i'll blow off whatever :-)
Old                04-09-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
Chris, right on. I'd definetely give you a pull behind the X-star except that my parents are only coming down for an afternoon then they are leaving. I'll buy you a ride on the cable though...anyway, my test is getting handed out this tuesday, and I have until friday to do it. If you could help me out man, I would be so stoked!! Can't fail. HAHA. I'll email you.

I asked a professor of mine about advising our club and she said that she also had too much going on. My friend said he'd ask his enc 1101 prof so I'll let you know. Peace.
Old     (hype134)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-23-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Any word on a sponsorship?
Old     (erik)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
has anyone gone to the rec center about this issue? i know i have seen them sponsor trips to owc, it may be a start?
Old                05-26-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Trips to OWC have been put on by the Outdoor Adventure Club.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Guys,
If you haven't found a faculty sponsor yet, I have a friend who is a professor at UCF that I could probably get to do it for you. His name is Dan Jones, a professor in tech writing (with tenure). Let me know if you want me to get in touch with him for you. Also, if you do, give me some idea of what his responsibilities would be and how much time it would take.
Old    atom_ant            09-05-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Any News??
Old     (hype134)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-17-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Whats the deal with the wakeboarding club? Any one figure out anything new? Talk from other forums say that they might be getting something together. Anyone going out anytime? I need to bum a ride, let me know.
Old     (jswake18)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-12-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
I also had the idea of starting a wakeboard club at ucf and already have a teacher sponsor and possibly a boardshop sponser. All of the required documents are approved, but unfortunatly missed the club deadline for the fall, but the club will be started in the spring. There are already a bunch of members signed up, possibly some of you that are here.
For more info or if you want to sign up contact me at jswake18@aol.com or IM me.
Old     (z1034ever)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-13-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
That is sweet, I dont go to UCF but I go to Film School about 5 miles away at Fullsail could i ride with you guys even though i dont go to UCF
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-19-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
You should look into getting some riders to come out ina couple weeks to Collegiate Nationals at OWC. The Rollins Team (my team) is hosting it, and I already know of some guys who plan on competing for UCF (Steve Edwards and Kyle Hyams). Put it together! It'll be a sick event