Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, anyone here from UC Davis?
I'm captain of the davis team, and we're always looking for new members. Shoot me an e-mail at skihall@ucdavis.edu if you want more info!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
sup! I ride, and back in the spring of '03 (?) some friends and I started the wakeboarding club at Davis, but that died out quickly. Since then, I have been just building up a big crew and doing my own trips to the Delta. How'd yall do this past season? Hopefully this summer has been packed with plentiful amounts of water time :-)
Old                09-15-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
So thiers no wakeboarding club at Davis at the moment, just a waterski team????? I'll be a freshmen at Davis this fall and will lookin to find people to go out with. I've been goin out with freinds at Shasta lake about every weekend this summer and hopefully will be able to go out at least once a month once in davis god i'm gonna miss shasta
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-17-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hit me up, I go to the Delta every wknd. Yes you will miss Shasta, but you will also love the Delta I bet. You move in on the 24-25th rite?
Old     (michelle24)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-20-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
I'm going back to Davis this fall after taking a couple years off. I might be getting a slip at Berryessa for the month of October and can ride at really wierd hours so if any of you have free time during the week, we should all head out there. It's so nice not having to drain the sacks if you just leave the boat in a slip...way more riding time. Kevin, where do you ride on the Delta?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
That is a nice thing about having a slip fo sho. I launch out of River's End and ride Victoria's. I make the drive all the way out there because the water is unbeatable... I'm really spoiled and don't ride lakes unless on friends' boats. We should definitely link up and do both Delta and Berryessa. Berryessa can have decent water around now since a lot less people go out, right? I'm dying to find some more people around here that are dedicatead riders. And we also have essentially identical boats! What kinda weight setup do you do? :-)
Old     (michelle24)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-21-2005, 11:36 PM Reply   
I actually just bought my boat this last March, but we finally have the weight figured out right. We do 600 front, 600 back and two 500's along the side of the engine...though if there are more than three people we need to mellow out on the six hundred in the back. I just went out today on the river and NOBODY was out there, behind my friends X10....it was perfect. We should definitely get in touch because most of my friends don't ride around here during the week...are you a weekend warrior or can you make it on weekdays also?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2005, 12:49 AM Reply   
I am down for any day pretty much :-) Sounds like you have quite a nice weight set up! I think we should definitely ride at some point. ciao! Everyone have a beautiful day!
Old     (michelle24)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-22-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
Sounds good--heading up to Tahoe for a snowboard video premier and will be back sometime this weekend...maybe get in touch sometime next week if the weather holds out!
Old                09-23-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
ya i'm moving in this sunday to the dorms, add me to aim and we'll talk, tipsy980. Also, I don't have bindings right now (used a freinds) so that could be a problem but as soon as financiall aid comes in i might take care of that.
Old    vanski            09-24-2005, 11:46 PM Reply   
Michelle and Chris...If you two like riding the Sac River on weekdays hit me up. I ride usually on Mondays and Tuesdays. My normal crew may be packing up for the cold season, but I will be riding hopefully up until Snowboarding season starts.
Old     (michelle24)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-26-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Hey Van, Sounds good, I usually lose a couple riders around mid-October every year also and most my friends who I ride with live further away. Do you ride mornings or afternoons? Mondays I can ride all day up until 2:30--Tuesdays are better in the afternoon. Do you ride Elkhorn? Heading up to Lake Tulloch tomorrow, so hopefully the weather holds out for that!
Old    vanski            09-27-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
Nice to hear there still some troopers riding into fall. Love to hookup for some riding. I tend to ride on Mondays...launch at 7 or 8am and off the water at 2-3pm. I usually drop in at
I-5 or Elkhorn. Went riding yesterday at Orwoods and was one of the best riding this year. Only one other boat on the water and butter all day. Michelle, feel free to drop me a call or email if you are itching to ride. I'm busy for the next week, but after that it's all good. No problem also if you can dig up a third. My pool of riders is dwindling as the weather is coming to an end. late. Cel. 530-304-5023.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-29-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
Going out this Sat (10/1) in case any of you are free and wanna go out :-) Van, are you city or university police in Davis? I work for the UCDPD, just wondering haha
Old    vanski            09-29-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Small world Kevin...You know any DPD guys? Use to work for Davis PD. Now at Berkeley PD. What time you launching on Sat? I gotta head out to work at 2:30PM. If you heading out morning...maybe I could hookup when I wake my ass up. You got my cell...give me a ring
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-30-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
I don't know any DPD. I usually get to the marina (River's End) at 10am, and we go till everyone is tired, often ends up being dark. Often, I pick up latecomers at Union Point or wherever and it all works out if people have to leave early too. Did you e-mail your cell?
Old     (mahmoudi)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
whats up...damn this thing died out quick.

i go to ucd...any other riders out there?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
just graduated from UCD. I still go to the Delta like every wknd
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
....we all know sac state is where the best team in the area is at. But i'd be down to ride with some Davis folks if ya ever need a 3rd
Old     (chadricko)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-02-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
Upload
Date: October 19th-21st (Fri. till Sun.)

Location: Villa Lagos (California’s first private wakeboard lake; home of Northern California INT and WWA competitive wakeboard tournaments)
VILLA LAGOS
8301 State Hwy 99W, Gerber CA 96035

Western Collegiate Wakeboard Regional’s is being held to qualify schools in the western conference for Collegiate Nationals held in the spring. In order to attend Collegiate Nationals you school must place top three to be invited to Nationals in the spring. Any College in the western conference with a wakeboard club or team is invited to attend and show what they got.
The divisions will be Men’s Novice, Men’s Intermediate, Men’s Outlaw, Men’s Pro, Men’s Wakeskate, Women’s Wakeskate, and Women’s Wakeboard. Each division will be worth a different amount of team points (this is an attempt to eliminate “Sandbagging”).
Western Conference: consists of school from these states
Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, Utah, Wyoming, Hawaii, Alaska
Please RSVP with Chad, or Jake to let us know what clubs are coming and how many people you plan on bringing.

Jake Weaver Chad McInnis
Chairmen of event Club President
wakeboardrider9@yahoo.com cm238@csus.edu