Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-24-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
Is the reelfly cyclone still around? we're sick of replacing ropes and fixing towers because someone forgot to watch the rope or to take it in. is there a device that rolls the rope in?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-25-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
HeHateMe is selling the ropewinder in the classifieds, but it's a $500 piece of equipment.

Your crew runs over lines, or do you work for a shop?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-25-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
i've heard the rope winder isn't the answer, never actually used one but again it's just what i heard.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-25-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
teach your crew to pull it in.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-25-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Driver's responsibility! "Hey Brodie, stop staring at her t*ts and pull the rope in f*g." And as for driving over it, that was WakeViolator's fault too.
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-25-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
ahhh yes, nothing like having to pull the rider, control the ipod, and then after a set still have to jump back to the sundeck and wind the rope. My favorite is after you pull six people and its your turn, everyone is too liquored up to pull you. The burdens of being captain of the ship.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-25-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
I take offence to that. I havent run over a rope in YEARS! I remember the last time, specificly. I was working for launch wakeboard school, and we were out on folsom. The gator crew was doing a land gap and we crused over to check it out. they had a long rope (a few hundred feet) and I took off after watching for a few pulls, and brain farted about where their rope was.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-25-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Nope, you ran over mine 2 years ago on the river. Remember?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-25-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
you must be thinking about another good looking guy. OR I was not coherant enough to form a memory of the instance.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
ha ha busted. He saved me a few weeks ago though i idled right over our rope like a newb. My favorite rope was run over at Boardstock last year, Thanks Troy. I don't even know how he managed to do it comming back to pick me up after I had fallen in the middle of the course. I was under the boat for 15 min. getting it off and right before I was done they had to cut it. I don't think that I have ever ruined a rope in my many years of driving, but I have run over a few. Please refresh my memory Corby,wakeviolater if I have.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
I have only wrapped a rope around the prop once. The worst part about it was that the water was freezing cold and it was a brand new rope I had just bought. :-(
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
we ran over one, had a heck of a time swimming underneath and getting it out.. and one other time the shmucks didn't pull it in caught and busted the tower!! wasn't a good time..
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
http://www.skireel.com/
http://www.ropewinder.com/
I haven't used either but I've looked at them.