Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (TMosely)      Join Date: Sep 2014       05-06-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
If you guys had to make a decision between these two.... what would you take? Price being the same. The primary use will be wake surfing. I will have to pull it with my 2wd crew cab. Will a 1/2 ton 2wd even safely pull the Tige? Neither has ballast so I will take care of that asap.
Let me know what you guys think.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-06-2015, 2:22 PM Reply   
I don't know much about the Nautique, but the 2300 will throw a great wave. What motor is in each? Hours? Condition?
Old     (TMosely)      Join Date: Sep 2014       05-06-2015, 2:34 PM Reply   
Mag Ski on the Tige and a GT-40 on the Nautique. Both right around 800 hours and typical "needs a few skins" on both of the interiors. The Nautique hull is cleaner, but I could "buff and fluff" either one in a weekend.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-06-2015, 2:41 PM Reply   
Towers? Perfect pass? All of this stuff ads up pretty fast.
Old     (TMosely)      Join Date: Sep 2014       05-06-2015, 3:07 PM Reply   
Both have towers... Tige has the factory one that will eventually need replaced. Nautique has a flight control tower. No perfect pass or ballast on either, but I can handle the installation on both items so I figure $1.5k-2k and some classified & eBay stalking and I should be able to make them happen
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-06-2015, 3:31 PM Reply   
The Tige stock tower in those years is worse then having one. Worst ever! If it was my dollar and I wanted to surf I would pick the Tige. Does it have a taps plate?
Old     (TMosely)      Join Date: Sep 2014       05-06-2015, 3:57 PM Reply   
Yes on taps... Does that tower just flex like crazy? Or what's the deal with it? Also.. What do you think about pulling it with a 2wd pickup.. Nobody wants to be boat ramp burnout king
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-07-2015, 6:53 AM Reply   
They break and have injured people, a friend on my lake was stupidly pulling a tuber with it and it collapsed on his family. Luckily nobody got seriously hurt (never ever pull a tube from the tower unless the manufacture says its ok). Both boats are pretty heavy and a wet boat ramp could be an issue. I have always put mine in 4x4 when loading and unloading. I personally hate trailering boats so I leave mine in the marina all summer long. I think the costs of it really isn't that bad and wear and tear on the truck is minimal, plus you could always talk a buddy into helping you trailer that has a bigger 4x4.