Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jbarnhart5)      Join Date: Jan 2015       01-19-2015, 7:38 AM Reply   
Opinons of try to wakesurf behind my inboard 40ft regal commodore? It puts out a monster wake at around 10-15 knots with a dry weight of 19,000lbs plus 1700lbs of fuel,700lbs in the fresh water tanks, and 8 passengers I can easily swamp smaller boats at anchor if I'm not careful.Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 2812
Size:  63.4 KB
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-19-2015, 8:03 AM Reply   
get that thing leaning and give it a try! Some larger boats completely wash out, some stay clean. If it's clean, it will be super fun!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2015, 2:55 PM Reply   
It works, you don't have to lean it if you don't want to, the wake/displacement is already good enough typically at that size. Fuel consumption is another issue all together. Some weight on the swim deck can help with form usually, but you will just have to try.

Nick
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-16-2015, 12:57 PM Reply   
Looks like fun. I've always wanted to try surfing one of these larger, non -wake boats that put out monster wakes.
Old     (CarbonSurf)      Join Date: Jun 2014       03-26-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
Watch this and post your reply, I think the decision is easy.

Old     (JULES1)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-30-2015, 6:05 AM Reply   
Behind the G-23 at OWC then a G-21 made a difference. Both leaned over with newest ballast systems and worked well with the 21 seemingly steeper but smaller. As for that 40' Regal or any other yacht or boat that's a crap shoot worth taking. You may have no other option or just be curious. Its similar to the issue of using ballasts to weigh down ski boats for wake boarding. Some work better. A 40 foot deal is logical also for some extra distance behind the stern. My 21' Wahoo with ballast and using extra supported T-top as its tower (200 outboard) is marginal at best for regular boarding. Last time us Lupowitz's rode that G-21 for wakesurfing at OWC it was over $600 bucks for a few hours. I can't complain because it's awesome but I got friends with various boats, none are state-of-the-art deals set up for wakesurfing.
If anyone knows actual hull shapes and sizes or models with necessary weight / leaning that can produce good wakes for wakesurfing, especially on smaller boats lets hear about it.