Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-15-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
Hi WWers,

It's been a while since I have posted, I have been super busy with work and my house. The boat not so much but it is still rocking and rolling.

I am trying to figure out if there will be any good camping sites on lakes this year? I know my favorite lake, Lake McClure, is down to less than 5% and it basically a pond with no accessible launch ramps, marina's are closed, etc. I know that Tullock is 96% full but I am looking for other options that would offer nice camping where I can take my 6 year old twin boys to have a good time and hopefully teach them to board this summer. Any lake within 3 hours of the bay area would be a consideration. Shasta is a beautiful lake but it's a bit far for a weekend camping trip, I know it is way down this year too.

Suggestions?

Mikeski
Old     (oakasrtheshiz)      Join Date: Jan 2015       06-15-2015, 9:04 PM Reply   
I don't know what the water level is like currently but flemming meadows at don pedro is an awesome spot to camp
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-15-2015, 9:25 PM Reply   
Shaver Lake has great camping and the lake is filling up fast because of recents storms and the lakes is used to make power. They make power in day time and pump water up hill at night. Great lake and town for camping and boating
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-15-2015, 9:32 PM Reply   
I just camped at lake berriessa up by fair field its 80% full and it wasn't to crowded
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       06-16-2015, 7:24 AM Reply   
Folsom lake is still pretty good, and you can boat-in camp on the peninsula (more secluded) or at Beals Point.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=500

Bullards Bar is also worth the drive
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-16-2015, 7:41 AM Reply   
Folsom is actually in rough shape. I was just there Sunday and the water is really getting low but it is in better shape than most from what I see online. Sunday the crowd was like I have never seen on Folsom. My guess is everyone is trying to use their toys before the 5 mph speed limit gets enforced. I was at bullards bar a week prior and the water is pretty darn low their too. Still fine for now but I just got the notice the marina ramp is now closed. You can launch from dark day only and that ramp is pretty shallow. I am camping at bullards bar in a few weeks but that's probably my last trip this year. I am uncertain where to boat after that.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-16-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
Is the Delta an option for Campers? Not a Lake, but they Have Water..No?
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2015, 9:26 AM Reply   
Delta has camping at Turner Cut and Tikki Lagoon. Clear lake isn't far from the Bay and has water. I think there is camping by Soda Bay.

Cheers,
DC
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-16-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
I haven't looked at the lake levels but Bullards Bar is really great for boat camping. What about Cherry Lake - not sure how it was impacted by the fire last year.

Last edited by phatboypimp; 06-16-2015 at 9:51 AM. Reason: None