Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-21-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
I am extremely pleased to announce that we have included wakesurf into our bid for 2009 National Championships! This will raise the bar from a grassroots event to a fully recognized sport dicipline with USA Wakeboard.

West Coast this gives y'all a great chance. Let me know if I can help y'all out.

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/RFPs/USAWB%20RFP%20Nat%20200933.pdf

Ok dream with me here - 2009 wakesurf at IWSF Pan Am leads to 2011 Pan American Games leads to 2012 Olympics.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-21-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
Outstanding!!!
Old    surfdad            03-22-2008, 6:13 AM Reply   
Chris! That is incredible news and I am sure that I speak for all of us when I say we can't be more pleased that we can look forward to Wakesurfing as being a fully recognized discipline within USA Wakeboard. Thank you so much for supporting the sport as you do.

Chris, I know just enough about the process to be dangerous, so please feel free to correct any misstatements I make. For those not familiar, wakesurf contests held in the past under NWL sanctioning were designated as "F" or Fun. There was no formal national recognition of the sport. This was true for ALL sanctioning bodies. NOW through the efforts of the likes of Chris Walker and the support of the administration of NWL we have wakesurfing proposed to be recognized as a separately recognized discipline!

Chris, there will be one, if not two NWL wakesurfing events in California and hopefully we can press the good folks in OR and WA to hold events this year too.

Thanks again, I truly appreciate all of your efforts and support.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-22-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
Chris just called me maybe an hour ago with the news. Let me first say how much I appreciate Chris' support locally and nationally. At the end of 2006 Chris, Bryon Greene, and I were at the restaurant during a break at the Wakeboard Midwest Halloween Washout. I knew that Chris was involved with a number of events and so I asked if I could add wakesurfing to one of those events. Chris said "Now Ed, I want you to sit down before I tell you what I have in mind." Chris invited us to add wakesurfing to the 2007 NWL National Championship. That went off so well and Chris has been very supportive of or efforts to grow wakesurfing, I'm just very grateful for the support.

Chris lobbied to make this addition. Chris was able to add wakesurfing as a direct result of the growth of the sport due to the effort that Jeff Walker and the AWSA have made over the last three or five years. I’m very excited about the recognition that we are getting for wakesurfing.

Let the games begin!
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
Chris, this is great news. You and USA Wakeboard have really stepped up to the plate to promote the sport of wakesurfing.