Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    apflum            06-10-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
I am looking into buying a Motive 134. any down falls to this board? I want to get big air and be able to do tricks easily. Would this board do the trick or should I look into the Murray or premier.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-10-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
i rode the 140 motive for 2 years and it is a very good board..its forgiving as well!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-10-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
It's a great board but if you've got a few inverts or spins going with a Premier or any newer Shaun Murray board is a good idea.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
Its a sweet, predictable board. I will keep mine forever as a part time/community board.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-10-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
Awsome board! Just make sure to wack on some smaller fins and it'll be a dream for ya.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-10-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Murray is a great board for a beginner-intermediate rider. As is the O'Brien Oasis and Diesel. Check them out also!
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-10-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
we just got a new 140 motive, we are all intermediate riders and it was amazing, easy, very controlled w or w/o fins, soft landings, nice pop, 4 of us rode the board for about 6 hrs yesterday and everyone loved it.2 guys threw new tricks for 1st time and I was able to do wake 360's on some windy water conditions but was able to ride outside the wake very stable. try it,all reviews i had from others was positive as well, now i know why. try it. ( i got mine for 225.00, excellent for the $$)
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-10-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Predictable,and very good board for starting out and figuring out what your style of riding is. But once you figure out if your style is fast, lots of pop, tricks into the flats, or short cuts with hangtime, then you will want to go with a pro board.
Old     (jarabacoa)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Nick Heaney rides the 144 Motive on tour. That should make you think...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
I love my Motive. I've owned 5 of them (smash them up on sliders). If anything it seems like a totally neutral board than anyone can ride. As far as spins and inverts go there is nothing about a Motive that will hold you back. Depends on your weight and the size of your boat wake as to the length. If you are approaching 160lbs I'd say go up to a 140. Especially if your boat has a smaller wake.
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
i have a motive 144 and it is so good
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
The Motive is one of the most versatile boards on the market, IMO. A time tested shape and true performer.

Forgiving enough for beginers yet 'good enough' for professional competition riding. As stated above, Nick rides one on tour and others have ridden it to the podium on tour in the recent past!
Old    apflum            06-13-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info I looked into it some more and went with a state