Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Here we go with the dumbest strawman from the right. Illegal immigrants aren't trying to vote no matter what you hear from politicians. Trump claimed that "3,000,000 illegal votes were cast in 2016". He handpicks a commission, spends god knows what on that commission, and they found nothing even remotely close to what Trump claimed. If 3,000,000 illegal votes were cast, it seriously would not be difficult to find.

Maybe you should just come out and say that only white Christians should be allowed to vote in the US.
There you go, race based politics again. Good for you. No ideas, just whitey did it. And good for whitey. Brought democracy to the world, created majority of the modern society, died in massive world wars by authoritarian lunitics, ended world slavery as an accepted practice (though it is still performed in the Muslim world), passed laws that allowed for unheard of class mobility and so on.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
He has posted video of himself on WW. He’s well into his 60’s and he is literally barely one notch above Mini Me. No joke. I’m betting 135 is about what he actually weighs. He sure can talk like a big man on WW though. Your typical keyboard cowboy.
HAHAHA, so aside from being fat I nailed it. Too good.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 9:19 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=joeshmoe;1982219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post

Most Pro Lifers don't even know when Life begins. Once the egg Is fertilized, after 4 0r 5 days, It makes it's way to the Uterus, where it has a 50% chance of attaching to the wall, that and the fact that many embryos are aborted naturally, 20% to 50% depending on age. So, according to Pro-lifers, who believe life begins at conception, most "Life" goes down the toilet!
Anyway, a lot of people voted for Trump to overturn Roe vs. Wade.
Actually the FBI acknowledges that a baby has unique traits including your individual fingerprints at 6 or 12 weeks in the womb. Can't remember which. Brain function starts at 6 weeks. Can live on it's own at 23 weeks (most likely needs medical intervention. How about we start there? Nothing like the current barbaric practices right now where you can literally be getting ready to deliver and say wait a minute, I would prefer you cut my fully formed baby into pieces and suck it out through a straw.

I voted for Trump to stop democrats globalist agenda and there sudden needs to destroy Christianity and the middle class.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
HAHAHA, so aside from being fat I nailed it. Too good.
Now now. We should not go down this road with each other. If I look in the mirror, I have the fat part and ugly as hell and probably the poorest person on this site. I am not going around pointing fingers, just ideas
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No mate, you have the wrong end of the stick, that quote is from the Ausy Prime minister, NZ was requesting the refuges from the Australians but they don't want to release them because they feel it will encourage more refuges to make the trek to Ausy to try and get in to NZ.
I stand corrected, you are correct. I am curious, can you walk me through what you pay in tax, cost of living in Aus vs your income? Hows your healthcare? I once looked at careers in Aus in my field & they pay double but cost of living seemed about double what it is here so it felt it was a wash.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Now now. We should not go down this road with each other. If I look in the mirror, I have the fat part and ugly as hell and probably the poorest person on this site. I am not going around pointing fingers, just ideas
You don't call names in every post while claiming your superior intelligence. Like a broken record. I ain't no spring chicken but I don't go around proclaiming to be the smartest guy in the room when really he's the drunk shouting loud enough to make sure everyone can hear his superiority. And at 60? I bet he's a real peach to hang out with.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-02-2018, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't call names in every post while claiming your superior intelligence. Like a broken record. I ain't no spring chicken but I don't go around proclaiming to be the smartest guy in the room when really he's the drunk shouting loud enough to make sure everyone can hear his superiority. And at 60? I bet he's a real peach to hang out with.
Wow you just described Trumo to a T (except he’s a lot older than 60) XD
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:

Agree. Delta, your ideas and mine diverge significantly but you are pretty good at not getting (too) personal.

The “you Democrats all support illegal immigration and ANTIFA and (insert other broad over generalization here)” does paint with an over road brush (IMHO). But whatevs, it’s hyperbole. Or at least that’s how I choose to read it.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Wow you just described Trumo to a T (except he’s a lot older than 60) XD
I'll bet a thousand Trump is a blast to golf with vs hanging with Bi135
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:

Questioning someone’s sexuality was hella funny... in middle school.

W2W why go there? You have decent ideas to share here. Don’t let the haters drag you down man.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Questioning someone’s sexuality was hella funny... in middle school.

W2W why go there? You have decent ideas to share here. Don’t let the haters drag you down man.
Fair enough. However, gay jokes & fat jokes are timeless. Sometimes you just gotta go for the low hanging fruit with guys like Fly.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Fair enough. However, gay jokes & fat jokes are timeless. Sometimes you just gotta go for the low hanging fruit with guys like Fly.

They really aren’t. Or let’s just say they are in a pretty immature way. The joke says more about the person delivering it that the person at whom it’s directed.

Just saying. IMHO. YMMV.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-02-2018, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hell yeah. Trump has hookers!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Hell yeah. Trump has hookers!
Forgot about that! Remember, men don't pay hookers for the sex. We pay them to leave when we're done.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
They really aren’t. Or let’s just say they are in a pretty immature way. The joke says more about the person delivering it that the person at whom it’s directed.

Just saying. IMHO. YMMV.
I'm not fat or Bi, just immature. And I'm okay with that. Reason why? I make everyone around me laugh. Co workers may shake their heads at times but they're still laughing & my customers love me. I like me. And loving ones self is half the battle. Plus everyone knows if I don't rip on them they're not my friend. Once upon a time if I didn't try to fight you while drunk I wasn't really your friend.

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 11-02-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 10:09 AM Reply   
97 contiguous months of employment gains. Giving credit where it's due... Thank you Trump for 21. Thank you Obama for 76.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
97 contiguous months of employment gains. Giving credit where it's due... Thank you Trump for 21. Thank you Obama for 76.
And wages were stagnant & his growth never hit the numbers we're seeing now. Trumps policies aren't responsible for any of this. Any president at anytime could have removed the barriers Trump did & let the good times roll.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agree. Delta, your ideas and mine diverge significantly but you are pretty good at not getting (too) personal.

The “you Democrats all support illegal immigration and ANTIFA and (insert other broad over generalization here)” does paint with an over road brush (IMHO). But whatevs, it’s hyperbole. Or at least that’s how I choose to read it.
It is for discussion impact. When I say you Democrats all support such and such, I am only specifically talking about you, John, Wes, Horn, Wake, and all democrats.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
It is for discussion impact. When I say you Democrats all support such and such, I am only specifically talking about you, John, Wes, Horn, Wake, and all democrats.

Lol. That’s what I thought you meant.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
I get it. We are all guilty. We should at least be better.

Be best Delta, be best.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-02-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/wis...mpression=true

More news from the violent crazy right.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:

Really. This is a news story? What the heck stuff are you reading? If the democrats are keep pushing, the civil war needs to start somewhere. Why not in his family?

You want a real story, how about your invader friends now suing the Government for their "constitutional rights"?

Migrants traveling to US sue Trump, government; claim violation of constitutional rights

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mig...utional-rights
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 11:09 AM Reply   
Quote:

I'm pretty sure it's just words & he wouldn't shoot his sister in the face. Big time liberal Alec Baldwin just got arrested for punching someone in the face over a parking spot. Crazy lefties, all of them need to be rounded up...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-02-2018, 12:16 PM Reply   
The one thing I think we can all agree on is that we should have let the south secede. Keep the republicans to the south and democrats to the north. We'd both be happier.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
The one thing I think we can all agree on is that we should have let the south secede. Keep the republicans to the south and democrats to the north. We'd both be happier.
You realize the south were the democrats right? Only places in the country that are mostly democrat are the biggest cities now. I am sure the south would have been happier. They would have developed there own industry, but the north only has so much weather for growing food.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 11-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2018, 12:30 PM Reply   
https://www.newsweek.com/cop-killer-...e-bush-1197876

Even when he lies and cheats he is not good at it. Lie after lie. Who is still buying in on this crap?
Im not too happy about paying $$millions in tax dollars for a conman to send his own personal army (they're not) for political stage crafting. Its a lie, and a waste of tax dollars. How much do you think this will cost? Thought we were draining the swamp not filling to capacity. Apparently the Army also isn't too happy. They're not like trump. They research. Their intelligence says the caravan will dissipate...as they always have. Expect 15% or less to ever reach the border. Still trump is lying and you dont seem to care. Wanna know what the Armies fear was?....Its the armed American civilian vigilantes along the border they are worried about.
https://electionsdirectory.com/elect...-trumps-panic/

Hey mark how many abortions do you think trump and his buddies have been responsible for? The married RNC head (Broidy) paid for at least one with the playboy chick he was cheating with. Trump must have paid for 20-30 huh. How do you smart Christians know if the baby you save turns out gay? Do you gotta kill them after the fact? Just trying to figure out your system. Why do you care what others are doing? I certainly do not want to know what you are sticking your junk in. baaa.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 12:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
You realize the south were the democrats right? Only places in the country that are mostly democrat are the biggest cities now.

We could have a lot of fun with that Orwellian stuff.

You realize the republicans were the fiscal conservatives, right?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2018, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
I stand corrected, you are correct. I am curious, can you walk me through what you pay in tax, cost of living in Aus vs your income? Hows your healthcare? I once looked at careers in Aus in my field & they pay double but cost of living seemed about double what it is here so it felt it was a wash.
We have staged personal tax rate, 0, 24 & 33%. 33% starts at 50k i think.
Universal sales tax @ 15%
Corporate tax rate flat @ 33%

Free healthcare
Free education
Universal retirement income @ 65yr old
Universal unemployment benefit, 6 week stand down i think

Options for private education and healthcare

It's not perfect but i feel like ourtax burden provides reasonable value. Ausy system is similar i think
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
We could have a lot of fun with that Orwellian stuff.

You realize the republicans were the fiscal conservatives, right?
What does that have to do with slaves and race politics? They still are the more fiscal conservative relatively speaking, though they both stink at it. Remember, words do matter and you seem to get caught with the best of them. Conservative and liberal are simple descriptions of your stance in regards to a topic. For instance Republicans were liberal in regards to slavery and equality. Now there are conservative because they got rid of slavery and are against special rights. They like equal not special rights, however they are conservative to the push for movement.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:

Free healthcare
Free education

It's not perfect but i feel like ourtax burden provides reasonable value. Ausy system is similar i think
Most importantly you don't have uncontrolled access to your system.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
What does that have to do with slaves and race politics? They still are the more fiscal conservative relatively speaking, though they both stink at it. Remember, words do matter and you seem to get caught with the best of them. Conservative and liberal are simple descriptions of your stance in regards to a topic. For instance Republicans were liberal in regards to slavery and equality. Now there are conservative because they got rid of slavery and are against special rights. They like equal not special rights, however they are conservative to the push for movement.

There’s that... and the fact that that the people who WERE republicans BECAME democrats. And vice versa. The parties have flipped on these issues and anyone with even a bit of intellectual honesty knows it. You frequently bring up pre-civil rights era dems who were avowed racists. It’s true. And it’s also true that many many of those folks have switched sides. Modern racists much prefer the right.

Hence the Orwell reference.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/cop-killer-...e-bush-1197876

Even when he lies and cheats he is not good at it. Lie after lie. Who is still buying in on this crap?
Im not too happy about paying $$millions in tax dollars for a conman to send his own personal army (they're not) for political stage crafting. Its a lie, and a waste of tax dollars. How much do you think this will cost? Thought we were draining the swamp not filling to capacity. Apparently the Army also isn't too happy. They're not like trump. They research. Their intelligence says the caravan will dissipate...as they always have. Expect 15% or less to ever reach the border. Still trump is lying and you dont seem to care. Wanna know what the Armies fear was?....Its the armed American civilian vigilantes along the border they are worried about.
https://electionsdirectory.com/elect...-trumps-panic/

Hey mark how many abortions do you think trump and his buddies have been responsible for? The married RNC head (Broidy) paid for at least one with the playboy chick he was cheating with. Trump must have paid for 20-30 huh. How do you smart Christians know if the baby you save turns out gay? Do you gotta kill them after the fact? Just trying to figure out your system. Why do you care what others are doing? I certainly do not want to know what you are sticking your junk in. baaa.
You really don't know how the military works do you? They deploy all the time all over the world. It is part of the budget that is already spent.

We should have zero getting into the country. Why do you democrats want open borders? You really think Christians hate gays? If I had to label a feeling of hate, I am pretty sure I hate people spewing garbage like you do more than I ever would a gay person. Where do you democrats come up with dumb a$$ comments like this? Are drugs involved in these thoughts? The whole point of knowing what people stick their junk in is the whole point. I don't want my kids taught about your T bagging dudes down at the VW swap meets. I don't want my kids growing up referring to you as ZHE or what ever the heck it is you want people referring to your neutral gender needs. You do you but I don't need my kids to be taught about your weird sex dreams. I don't even want to see hetro couples making out and crap. Keep it to yourself. I don't need to see it. Have some pride, unless it is your gay pride events. I don't want to see those because you and your buds in leather chaps with a Di#k hole in them flaunting it in front of children is not cool.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
And wages were stagnant & his growth never hit the numbers we're seeing now. Trumps policies aren't responsible for any of this. Any president at anytime could have removed the barriers Trump did & let the good times roll.
Yeah, raising the deficit spending is great for rolling the good times. Republican Presidents do seem to have that formula in their bag.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2018, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
You really don't know how the military works do you? They deploy all the time all over the world. It is part of the budget that is already spent.

Except in South Korea. Big savings there if we cancel joint exercises.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 1:25 PM Reply   
"You really think Christians hate gays?"

Not the real ones. You can tell the phony xtians. They say things like "I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin".
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
There’s that... and the fact that that the people who WERE republicans BECAME democrats. And vice versa. The parties have flipped on these issues and anyone with even a bit of intellectual honesty knows it. You frequently bring up pre-civil rights era dems who were avowed racists. It’s true. And it’s also true that many many of those folks have switched sides. Modern racists much prefer the right.

Hence the Orwell reference.
No they did not. Not a single democrat stronghold flipped after the republican lead equal rights amendments in the 60's. You really think that in the snap of a finger that life long democrats suddenly swapped parties and that republicans who actually won what they were fighting for decided to join the enemy and become racists all of a sudden? I have a bridge to sell you.

There were probably already some racists on the right the whole time. The democrats elected a Klan grand wizard to the senate until 2010 and Bill Clinton in just the last couple of years was on video trying to make excuses as to why the person was in the Klan. There was only one democrat that swapped parties after the equal rights defeat. The only difference between today and 1960's is the democrat party went from the party of no rights for minorities to special rights for minorities. LBJ quote that I keep posting for you tells the story. "We will have those Ni$$ers voting democrat for the next 200 years. We will give them just enough but not enough to matter." The Republicans have been very consistent in this regard. They wanted equal rights. Democrats went from special rights for whites to special rights for blacks.

The democrats even kept their standard southern talking points up until very recently when the Californian ultra liberal took over the party (Bush Jr. era). For the farmer, small business, and unions. Those were all southern talking points and was even the actual make up of the south during the civil war time (minus the unions). They have only just abondoned the farmers and small business people. They have turned to internationalism and now the farmers and union workers have given up on them. The democrats still see their voting block coming from open border illegals, the uneducated poor and playing special rightsgroups in hopes to gain power. Now that they have enough children of illegals, they are starting to turn their backs on the black communities. They are just a problem to them. They have never been interested in solving problems for them because them have a greivence was good for business.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-02-2018, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:

Not the real ones. You can tell the phony xtians. They say things like "I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin".
That actually is the true Christian, John. You don't hate the person, you hate the behavior that leads your brother and sister from walking with Christ. We are all sinners. Even the best Christians. Even the best ones don't realize they are hypocrits. My wife caught a couple at her study group on it. They said something about now wanting to go to a gay relative or friends wedding. There were not sure on the optics of it. My wife asked if they would go to a wedding of two friends who were sleeping with each other prior to the wedding? Caught them by surprise. Sin is the sin. Hate the sin and try and turn from it.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:

Free healthcare
Free education

That actually doesn't all bad at all. Would you agree a big part of your country being able to sustain that is by not over burdening the system? So hows the retirement, is it based on what you made through your career like Social Security here? I read that your college is not free, that it is paid back through a percentage of your income later, correct?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:

You greatly confuse people trying to be better people. I can dislike someone but still love them. I bet you can be a pretty ****ty person from time to time like the rest of us. Some of you sound exactly as the ones you don't like but think Jesus is the reason they're wrong & vise versa.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
We are all sinners. Even the best Christians.
So why don't those xtains occupy themselves with hating their own sin instead of publicly trying to deflect to "gay" sin? Were gays publicly calling out xtians on their sin before xtains targeted gays? I already know the answer.. If you are a sinner then what better way to avoid responsibility for your own sins than to try to make others look like they are worse.

Why is gay sin worse than your sin? Did God give you a score card? You already admit you are a sinner. But gays don't believe what they do is immoral. And I have to agree. Sin is another issue. It's based on a dictate from the supernatural. Morals are the result of human evolution, culture, and intellect. We don't always get it right and that's why morals evolve as well. Even God couldn't get it right and needed a do over. More than once. First he had to murder the entire planet. Then after screwing up the second time he had to send his man god son down and start over again. Boy, it sure is hard to spin a coherent believable tale with you are dealing with mythology and magic.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Some of you sound exactly as the ones you don't like but think Jesus is the reason they're wrong & vise versa.
I don't believe right wing xtians have anything in common with Jesus. If God were real I, imagine that right wing xtains would have a big surprise in the afterlife. A toasty hot one. I'm curious as to how you could be so oblivious to the fact that liberals think RW Xtians are the antithesis of the philosophy espoused by Jesus.

What you fail to understand is that people who don't believe in the supernatural can believe in the existence of a man who was very influential and preached a philosophy that is the opposite of people who ship weapons to a country and then reject the poor unfortunate people who are the victims of those weapons as too dangerous to help.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2018, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:

We should have zero getting into the country. Why do you democrats want open borders? You really think Christians hate gays? If I had to label a feeling of hate, I am pretty sure I hate people spewing garbage like you do more than I ever would a gay person. Where do you democrats come up with dumb a$$ comments like this? Are drugs involved in these thoughts? The whole point of knowing what people stick their junk in is the whole point. I don't want my kids taught about your T bagging dudes down at the VW swap meets. I don't want my kids growing up referring to you as ZHE or what ever the heck it is you want people referring to your neutral gender needs. You do you but I don't need my kids to be taught about your weird sex dreams. I don't even want to see hetro couples making out and crap. Keep it to yourself. I don't need to see it. Have some pride, unless it is your gay pride events. I don't want to see those because you and your buds in leather chaps with a Di#k hole in them flaunting it in front of children is not cool.
Delta, I do not want open borders. Clear? The democratic party is also not working towards open borders. We have immigration laws, they need reasonable updating. Trump is breaking the laws by not allowing asylum hearings. Zero is a impossible goal, thats why it has never been the goal. We need some immigration.
The Military did do a study on the mexico deployment, the results have been made public. They are opposite of what trump is saying. They say they are not needed in Mexico. Their biggest concern was American vigilantes … not the immigrants. Their report stated no real threat of Gangs or middle eastern terrorists. Is that clear? This is NOT part of the "budget, already spent". You want to spend tax dollars to do what the military is saying is political BS?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.0fafed41d017
Quote:
Oh... you mean like how liberals BELIEVE it's okay to murder an unborn child in the womb or how they BELIEVE it's a good idea for men to shove their junk in another mans As$ and then teach children about it or how they BELIEVE it's okay not to enforce immigration laws already on the books?
this is what markj said and I was commenting on. You tell me, seems like this Christian really hates gays.
Points for the VW swap comment ++

I think you are referring to the fringe elements of democrats, the far, far fringe, like Antifa. I cant watch a gay pride parade, its creepy. PDA, also creeps me. But im also not going to tell them they are wrong. I dont get to place my beliefs on others, doesn't the bible say that? Too many years since Catholic school.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-02-2018, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Corporate tax rate flat @ 33
Do you have a State tax, city tax, payroll tax, property tax, or personal property tax? 50 different tax systems in the US!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
payroll tax
It might not be clear to ralph that payroll tax is 15% on top of income tax. So you'd only have to be in a 18% tax bracket to reach his top 33%. Our state sales tax is 7%. Close to half his. I bet they get kicked with a lot of tariffs. I guess we are moving towards those socialists in that way.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2018, 7:49 PM Reply   
Yes highs high school is free and college is an interest free loan system which you pay back once employed.

The 15% sales tax is a comsumption tax like vat in the uk

No state tax, we don't have states here, there is a small local body tax which goes to the city council but it's not high, mine is about 4k per year. Covers rubbish collection and parks and wot not.

We don't have a tariffs, we are pretty much free trade with everyone.

Our tax system is pretty clean, you don't "do your taxes" like in the states, it just comes out of your pay every week and gets collected by vendors and reciepted to govt to by vendors (sales tax)

What gets me is Americans seem terrified of universal health care like it will bankrupt them. News flash, you spend 15% of your GDP on Healthcare and 45 million people aren't covered. We spend 8% of GDP on Healthcare and everyone is covered and the system is amazing. I've had a few friends get cancer and go through the public system and they were looked after amazingly well. Cost them zero dollars. You guys are getting ripped off by the insurance and Healthcare companies, your system is broken and your political lobby system is preventing it from getting fixed. You should be demanding better.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2018, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
What gets me is Americans seem terrified of universal health care like it will bankrupt them. News flash, you spend 15% of your GDP on Healthcare and 45 million people aren't covered. We spend 8% of GDP on Healthcare and everyone is covered and the system is amazing. I've had a few friends get cancer and go through the public system and they were looked after amazingly well. Cost them zero dollars. You guys are getting ripped off by the insurance and Healthcare companies, your system is broken and your political lobby system is preventing it from getting fixed. You should be demanding better.
Exactly. I get labeled a crazy liberal because I basically think we need UHC, and follow the model of other successful countries. I am also for some form of tuition free higher education, and controlling cost in higher education. But beyond that I would just like sane leadership. Just that alone is enough be to be labeled an evil extremist. Neither of those things would be of much benefit to me. I don't need another college degree and I'll be eligible for medicare in two years.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2018, 10:14 AM Reply   
To hear Repubicans tell it, It's like Trump reached back in time and ran the country while Obama was President.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2018, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
To hear Repubicans tell it, It's like Trump reached back in time and ran the country while Obama was President.
Yes but Obama just re inflated the bubble and like the giant boil it is its about to pop in trumps face. He had the chance to really make some changes to the system but he didn't have the balls to do it. So he gets zero kudos from me. Now Trump is in and like the economic idiot he is he is going to crash the economy with a triple whammy of debt, tariffs and stagflation
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2018, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
He had the chance to really make some changes to the system but he didn't have the balls to do it.

I’m curious as to what you think he could’ve done, and when, that he didn’t do because of the absence of balls?

To my memory he burned every bit of his political capital on Obamacare, then lost the house in 2010. From that point forward the tea party lunatics wouldn’t work with him and it was impossible to get any legislation through Congress. (<— basically what many of us hope will happen with trump, with the exception of the election to the second term).
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2018, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
I’m curious as to what you think he could’ve done, and when, that he didn’t do because of the absence of balls?

To my memory he burned every bit of his political capital on Obamacare, then lost the house in 2010. From that point forward the tea party lunatics wouldn’t work with him and it was impossible to get any legislation through Congress. (<— basically what many of us hope will happen with trump, with the exception of the election to the second term).
Yes that's true, a little unkind of me. There should have been a move to budget surplus 3-4 years in to the recovery but maybe that was not possible with your political system. You would think that the Repubicans would have supported it but maybe not.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2018, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes that's true, a little unkind of me. There should have been a move to budget surplus 3-4 years in to the recovery but maybe that was not possible with your political system. You would think that the Repubicans would have supported it but maybe not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran...d_States,_2011)

I’m biased and would say that the republicans boned him at the 11th hour, but it’s probably more accurate to say that the Tea Party boned Boehner.

But yeah Ralph he tried. And Boehner tried. Thanks for reminding me how we moderates get hosed over and over and over again by one fringe or another.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-03-2018, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think the Republicans had a strategy to not support anything significant that Obama did even if they thought it would be good. They didn't want him to get any credit.

I'm pretty sure the Dems will do the same with Trump if they get any control.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-03-2018, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Credit where credit is due.

The Trump admin has managed to keep the jobs numbers up while being very close to full employment.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-03-2018, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes highs high school is free and college is an interest free loan system which you pay back once employed.
No state tax, we don't have states here, there is a small local body tax which goes to the city council but it's not high, mine is about 4k per year.
Back in the 70's and early 80' we had student loans that were actually student loans, just like yours is now, Now, they charge interest the day you get the "student" loan. So, the government is more interested in making money for companies than looking out for citizen's interest.
"Small local tax which goes to city council" ????!!!!! I could live on 4k per year! taxes, food, shelter, gas, everything!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2018, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamey View Post
I think the Republicans had a strategy to not support anything significant that Obama did even if they thought it would be good. They didn't want him to get any credit.

I'm pretty sure the Dems will do the same with Trump if they get any control.

I think this too. And while I thought it was just plain terrible for the country when they did it to Obama, I am not going to lie — in the short term this would be a great curb on trumps crazier impulses.

But for the sake of my kids and their kids someday, I do wish we could all work together to do the right thing once in a while.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2018, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Credit where credit is due.

The Trump admin has managed to keep the jobs numbers up while being very close to full employment.

Yeah but how much of it is the party effect of unnecessary tax cuts? I usually feel real good with 8 beers in me ... for a while.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-03-2018, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah but how much of it is the party effect of unnecessary tax cuts? I usually feel real good with 8 beers in me ... for a while.
Time will tell.

Trump will be judged (at least economically) on how the country handles the next downturn.

We need to give ourselves the tools to deal with that and right now Trump has no interest in that.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2018, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Time will tell.

Trump will be judged (at least economically) on how the country handles the next downturn.

Maybe in 50 years. In the short term people blame (and credit) who’s in the White House now for what’s happening now.... even if what’s happening now is the culmination of years of economic inputs.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-03-2018, 5:11 PM Reply   
Republicans falsely accused Mueller of sexual assault.

He didn’t scream at U.S. Senators.

He didn’t sob hysterically & brag about drinking beer.

He didn’t perjure himself.

He didn’t write an op-ed in WSJ.

He asked for an FBI investigation.

That’s what an innocent man does.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2018, 6:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Republicans falsely accused Mueller of sexual assault.

He didn’t scream at U.S. Senators.

He didn’t sob hysterically & brag about drinking beer.

He didn’t perjure himself.

He didn’t write an op-ed in WSJ.

He asked for an FBI investigation.

That’s what an innocent man does.
First off, Muller is a patriot, any attempt to smear him is discusting.
But, its a Republican, not republicans.
And the way a number of democrats behaved during the Kavanagh hearing was just as discusting, it's hypocritical to call out one and not the other.

If you want things to get better you have to stop with the partisan stuff. Hold all your representatives to a higher standard not just your opposition party.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-04-2018, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe in 50 years. In the short term people blame (and credit) who’s in the White House now for what’s happening now.... even if what’s happening now is the culmination of years of economic inputs.
It's my observation that Republicans have a formula of raising deficit spending to make themselves looks as good as possible before a Democrat is elected who then has to lower deficit spending. You get guys like Blamey giving Republicans credit for holding the course on the country's credit card. Both Reagan and Bush raised deficit spending by record percentages. But Obama get's the blame for the debt even though he cut deficit spending in half during his term. Economists all agree that the time to pay down debt is when the economy is strong. Trump and his supporters brag about the strongest economy in (make up whatever lie and place here), but at the same time raise deficit spending.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-04-2018, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
First off, Muller is a patriot, any attempt to smear him is discusting.
But, its a Republican, not republicans.
And the way a number of democrats behaved during the Kavanagh hearing was just as discusting, it's hypocritical to call out one and not the other.

If you want things to get better you have to stop with the partisan stuff. Hold all your representatives to a higher standard not just your opposition party.
Can you give an example of what specifically the democrats did that was "just as disgusting" ? I honestly do not know.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-04-2018, 9:40 AM Reply   
What's digusting is Kemp in Georgia:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8e1d9efa68dc
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-04-2018, 4:36 PM Reply   
to give credit where credit is due, I really have to confess that I am completely impressed with Trump's campaign efforts. His focus on rural/backwater sorts of areas where he is popular and motivating those people to get out and vote really harkens back to the era of whistlestop train tours.

There's a lot I don't agree with the president on, but his efforts to motivate his voters are top notch. Trump basically comes to town and throws a free maga-show and all he asks in return is that you vote republican. Its genius and it's really astute politics.

None of that is an endorsement of his repugnant policies.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2018, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can you give an example of what specifically the democrats did that was "just as disgusting" ? I honestly do not know.
Feinstein knew about the allegation months earlier but sat on it until the week of the hearing, then demanding the vote needed to be postponed until an FBI investigation was completed. It was dirty politics plain and simple. If justice was her aim then she should have reported it at the time. Then there was a whole chorus of demo lining up to say "believe all women" allegations are enough. Then when it turns out one of the accusers recanted and admitted she had never met Kavanagh, nothing but crickets. It was a hatchet job. Not that Kavanagh covered himself in glory, his performance in the hearing should have been enough to disqualify him, but dems didn't seem interested in that, they were all in for 30year old sexual misconduct.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-04-2018, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Feinstein knew about the allegation months earlier but sat on it until the week of the hearing, then demanding the vote needed to be postponed until an FBI investigation was completed. It was dirty politics plain and simple. If justice was her aim then she should have reported it at the time. Then there was a whole chorus of demo lining up to say "believe all women" allegations are enough. Then when it turns out one of the accusers recanted and admitted she had never met Kavanagh, nothing but crickets. It was a hatchet job. Not that Kavanagh covered himself in glory, his performance in the hearing should have been enough to disqualify him, but dems didn't seem interested in that, they were all in for 30year old sexual misconduct.
I completely agree. I've always said the democrats are stupid and the republicans are criminals.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-04-2018, 9:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone in this country knows exactly what they did. Even Wes and flybrain135 know. This is proof of just how intellectually bankrupt and aloof you are. You may as well go into your mom’s garage, (if she’ll let you into that part of her house) get some cardboard and make a “kick me” sign for yourself. Moron.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-04-2018, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
I completely agree. I've always said the democrats are stupid and the republicans are criminals.
If you agree, why did you ask the question? How’s that sign coming along?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-05-2018, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone in this country knows exactly what they did. Even Wes and flybrain135 know. This is proof of just how intellectually bankrupt and aloof you are. You may as well go into your mom’s garage, (if she’ll let you into that part of her house) get some cardboard and make a “kick me” sign for yourself. Moron.

True to form for Markj. No info, just insults. Keep doing your best to not rub two brain cells together.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-05-2018, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you agree, why did you ask the question? How’s that sign coming along?
I agree that they shouldn't have waited. Kavanau did do it though, he's guilty as hell and even if you are stupid enough to believe that he isn't guilty his behavior at the hearing should preclude him from being a judge on any court.

Oh and Markj, try to take a moment this week to think for maybe 1 minute. baby steps. Soon enough you will be able to think for 2 minutes/week. We're praying for you!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-05-2018, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
I agree that they shouldn't have waited. Kavanau did do it though, he's guilty as hell and even if you are stupid enough to believe that he isn't guilty his behavior at the hearing should preclude him from being a judge on any court.

Oh and Markj, try to take a moment this week to think for maybe 1 minute. baby steps. Soon enough you will be able to think for 2 minutes/week. We're praying for you!
LOL, two accusers admit to making it up. Yeah, he's really guilty. Guilty of making you snowflakes cry as he enjoys his lifetime appointment to screw you lefties out of using the courts to rule.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-05-2018, 9:34 AM Reply   
" Kavanau did do it though"

LMFAO. Only idiots believe that psycho b!tch. I bet he blew her off in HS and it tortured her for the rest of her crazy a$$ life.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-05-2018, 9:50 AM Reply   
lol Trump's ad is even too racist for Fox...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/media...-ad/index.html
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-05-2018, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
" Kavanau did do it though"

LMFAO. Only idiots believe that psycho b!tch. I bet he blew her off in HS and it tortured her for the rest of her crazy a$$ life.
If you don't think he lied under oath then tell your daughter to go to the nearest frat house and ask to play devils triangle.

Why didn't they question the witness, the other dude in the room? Why was the FBI "investigation" specifically told they couldn't talk to her, Kavanau, the other dude in the room, or her friend that corroborates her story.
You are so far up the GOPs butt you can only see *****

Last edited by plhorn; 11-05-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-05-2018, 10:06 AM Reply   
Have you boofed yet?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-05-2018, 10:19 AM Reply   
For those who say “we all know what Feinstein did” can you give me a quick summary of why her (Feinstein’s) story doesn’t hold water?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-05-2018, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
True to form for Markj. No info, just insults. Keep doing your best to not rub two brain cells together.
Your days here are numbered. No one likes you. Not even other lefties. You’re one of those people that tries to fit in, but just never can. I’m sure you were beat up a lot when you were riding the short bus to school. Now get back to your sign I told you to build.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-05-2018, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you don't think he lied under oath then tell your daughter to go to the nearest frat house and ask to play devils triangle.

Why didn't they question the witness, the other dude in the room? Why was the FBI "investigation" specifically told they couldn't talk to her, Kavanau, the other dude in the room, or her friend that corroborates her story.
You are so far up the GOPs butt you can only see *****
You can leave my daughter out of the conversation you little ****head.

I am not wasting my time responding to the rest of that. You obviously only see what you want to see.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-05-2018, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your days here are numbered. No one likes you. Not even other lefties. You’re one of those people that tries to fit in, but just never can. I’m sure you were beat up a lot when you were riding the short bus to school. Now get back to your sign I told you to build.
True to form for Markj.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-05-2018, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
You can leave my daughter out of the conversation you little ****head.

I am not wasting my time responding to the rest of that. You obviously only see what you want to see.
So you don't think a devils triangle is a harmless drinking game? If you believe him, what are you worried about?

Your not "wasting your time responding" because you don't have a leg to stand on.