Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ncsupra)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
Hi,
I have been out of boating for a few years and I’m thinking about getting a 1992 MC Prostar 205 to get back on the water with. I have searched WW and the web for the answers to the following questions but have been unable to find them. Thanks for helping me make an educated decision about this boat.

Does this boat have wood stringers?

Is there wood anywhere in the boat?

How many gallons of fuel does it hold?

Where is the fuel tank located?

Is there anything under or behind the rear seat? (I’m looking for places to hide ballast)

Thanks,
Scott
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-22-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
If owned one for almost 10 years( for sale now), lot of time behind it happy to answer any questions

Does this boat have wood stringers?------no

Is there wood anywhere in the boat? -------only the teak swim platform

How many gallons of fuel does it hold? ------30

Where is the fuel tank located?------ its behind the rear seat above the floor.

Is there anything under or behind the rear seat? (I’m looking for places to hide ballast) gas tank and battery. The back seat is removable if you don't have a lot of people can place sacs in its place, the ski locker is very long and fit a locker sac in there. Generally would have two side sacs, locker and people and the wake was decent. Add weight and it gets really good

Let me know if you have other questions
Old     (ncsupra)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2013, 3:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Jeff. I sent you a PM asking about your boat.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
I'd look for a 96-98 205
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-22-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
Starting in 99 the 205 had a large rear locker behind the rear seat. a 750 pound sac fits perfect in it.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-23-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
steer clear of 99-01. quality is better earlier or later. 205 wake is awesome.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-23-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
My 99 has been nothing but awesome, I've owned it for 8 years now. Always starts first crank and also has the nice storage in the back. Throw 1500# and six people in the boat and the wake is one of the best ever. Don't shy away from these boats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-23-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
From what i've seen the only place they cut corners on the 99-01 was they cheaped out on the interior. Its very plain compared to other years and the vinyl is crap. Other than that i dont see any difference.
Old     (ncsupra)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-26-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
Hi, Thanks for all of the replies. I would like to go with a newer boat but price is what's driving the '92. Checked it out over the weekend. It's in great shape. I think I'll be sealing the deal on it this week.

Scott