Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-29-2009, 10:44 PM Reply   
Hello all, I'm 25 and located in Canada. I found a nice low budget tow boat with 43 hours and a good price tag. I know this is not your top of the line boat, but what can I expect from it. I plan to multi purpose the boat but usually wake board and surf. When it comes to the price tag this boat is tempting. Will i be disappointed? If you own one or have been on one this would be the best info not just opinions without experience.

Also I should mention this boat has a 20g price tag. please do not chime in with suggestions of purchasing 40-80g boats. If I had that kind of money to spend believe me this would not be a boat I would consider. That is all I have to spend right now because the toy box is pretty full as it is.

Thanks
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-29-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
also i like men
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-29-2009, 11:43 PM Reply   
ya that's my buddy steve messing around with my stuff, thanks
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-30-2009, 1:24 AM Reply   
Manlover-That boat sounds awesome. Most people will tell you Sangers are solid. I don't have the D215, but Art, from Alberta said :

"By Art (rallyart) on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 10:23 am:
I've got the D215 and am more impressed with it than I thought I'd be. I test drove everything in 2006 and was sure it would be the best boat for me. The V215 handled as well as quite a few of the d-drives and I seriously considered that too. I had some finicky warranty stuff after the first year and it was all fixed under warranty but Sanger was slow getting some of the stuff needed up to Alberta. It was all completed before the season started.
The boats feel very solid and yet very lively when you drive them. They handle storms in the Shuswap or prairie lakes easily (actually fun). I've pulled good skiers behind mine and they say it's very skiable but has a double bump. My kids surf with about a thousand pounds weight and the wake is clean for boarding.
I think the Bennett wake plate is an excellent option to get and you will love having a heater.
I'd buy another in a minute but I don't think I'll need to for 10 or 20 years.

edit: Oh, and the Stargazer Perfect Pass is an easy install

Art should be able to answer your questions...

j.g.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-30-2009, 1:52 AM Reply   
Sanger is a great boat, and with some work (weight placement) you will be very happy with that boat, especially if you feel you are getting it for a good deal.

If you like men thats cool. (what would we do without friends?)
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-30-2009, 2:35 AM Reply   
right on that's a big help, hopefully art will chime in. As far as the price goes I can get it for 20,000 Can. out the door and it only has 40 hours. obviously well taken care of and garage kept. Comes with most options, i can't remember if it had perfect pass or not. I made that assumption but maybe it was because of the guy told me it had it. I'm not sure. It's too bad it's winter here and I wouldn't be able to take it for a ride. However I think the price reflects this.

I saw some other boats with 150+ hours advertised for around the 25 to 26 range US. So I think it should be a good buy. I just like to do my research before spending that kind of money. If it wasn't what i wanted and I had to go a couple years older to get a quality boat I want then I would.

And ya what are friends for!!

Thanks again keep it coming
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-30-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Warren- Just remember it is a D-drive. To be honest with you I would keep looking for a V-drive. It will take alot of weight to get a decent surfwake out of it and your wakeboard wake will be okay but a little small. But If you feel the price is right, that is up to you. Sanger is a very well built boat.

Where in canada are you located?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-30-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
20 thousand! Quit reading this post and go buy it!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-30-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
There is no way you'll be disappointed in the boat and that price is exceptional for Canada. The boat is rock solid and great in any water. My quote above describes it pretty well. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them for you, I'm a fan of that boat.
If you want to know the differences between it and the V drive I can give you all that too.
If you had $50K it is still a boat you should consider. I picked mine as the better boat for me after I had tested all the others, and price was not a factor in my decision when I bought new.

(Message edited by rallyart on December 30, 2009)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Warren,

An engine weighs roughly 700 lbs and the only difference in a v-drive and a D drive is the location of the engine. Obviously, I do not buy into the "Vdrive wake is better" school of thought.

Seating arrangement, well that's another story, and the only real argument for a Vdrive.

In your shoes, I'd be in touch with rallyart. He knows his stuff!
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-30-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
well i found a 06 v210 with 85 hours from the same guy. i can have it for 21,000. Also a very nice boat, what do you think.

again thanks everyone
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
v210
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-30-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
V210

My question is, Where are you finding these prices and from who? Very intrested because those are incredible prices for Canada.
(Message edited by rbeckei on December 30, 2009)

(Message edited by rbeckei on December 30, 2009)
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-30-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
a private boat dealer that i got a line on from a friend , sorry don't want to say too much but when i buy one ill let you know where the other one is.

thanks again
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-30-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
Warren, Have you not wondered why they are going for so cheep? Could there be something wrong with them. I hope not It just seems weird, comparing with some of the prices around canada.
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-30-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
ya i have thought about that of course, but my buddy knows the guy so i'm hoping there is no issues. I am going to look into it closer of course but the man says he backs up his sales and he will beat anyones deals so for now I am taking his word for it. What is a standard price for these boats? Anyone?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-30-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
The V210 is less than half what a new one would cost. The D215 is more than the V210 new, but it does not have the same resale market. Remember that Sangers are priced with the trailer normally.
Both those prices are less than what they are selling for in the USA and usually there is a big premium with the exchange and GST value to add for a Canadian sale.
Old     (dagz)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-31-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
once again thank you for all the help. This is a really good site and It's my first post with great responses. You know your going to be hearing more from me now that i am going to be a boat owner. Although I have got to fill in I have been on them and around them my whole life, my Dad's a junkie and my bro and some good buddies have some nice wake boats.

Any ways thank you art for that information. i am going to use that info to get the best price on the v210. I am leaning towards the v210 now for multiple reasons.

The wake

The interior lay out

And the fact that my good buddy is in a wheel chair. I think the v210 will give him more room inside the boat, possible storage beside the engine for his chair. How is that any ways anyone have pictures?? And that he will be able to get into the drivers seat easier to tow my ass around.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-01-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Warren,
I surf behind an 05 V210 and it works great with added weight. Here are some pics from last summer. The last one is my friend Nick Nikki Sixx on WW. He is an awesome surfer. We bought ours new just for surfing. We like to tow our Sanger long distances in the summer.
I wakeboarded in Canada in July of 2000. The water was 57 degrees with snow nearby. The scenery was beautiful!
Sue
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-01-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
That D215 is a great looking boat. That's a killer price, he probably got it from a repo auction.
The V210 would be a fantastic choice as well. Very roomy for a small boat and the performance is awesome. For your friend's convenience, the V210 would be the way to go. Where it's located, you'd be able to test drive it before you buy it or at least start it at the boat launch.
Old     (petes018)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-12-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
Warren,

Did you end up getting the V210? I have been looking at the Sangers for both wake and slalom. Once you make a decision can you forward me the dealers information? If you don't end up getting the V210, I would be interested.

Cheers,
Matt
Old     (mvanhove)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-13-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
Matt,
Here is the dealers website,
Quite a few boats with some nice prices.

http://www.extremeboatsport.com/index.php?id=69#

Mike.