Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
Need Brainstorm-ideas for slider built from wind surf boards, possibly for bringing out to brostock

I am not to keen on sliders and such. but my dad got a bunch of old windsurf boards at a garage sale or something for dirt cheap and had the idea of using them for floating mini sliders or for just floating around on

I think there is about 4-6 boards
I will take a pic of them and post tomarrow hopefully

I am thinking that some of them (that can) could have the fin removed and maybe some kind of support could be put in its place

Idealy it needs to be simple, transportable, to get out to bro stock

no definate promises here, just seeing what can be done with these things
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
or i could just bring the boards out on bro stock and let some of you who are going put something together
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-14-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
allright here is some pics as well of other materials besides the surf boards.
Materials:
three 12' surf boards
one 9' surf board
Lots of old PVC pipe between 15-20' in length (same pipe i used to build the floating banana tube slider shown at the end)
some plastic sheeting (there are foam "fun-noodles" inside to give you an idea how much/big it is)
a 4'X4'X6" old styrofoam block... and some thinner sheets too
My parents have lots of other junk too in sheds and in the yard (no pics)

Preferences:
The surf boards could be used as floats for a slider or slider surfaces, but i think i prefer to use them as sliders in of themselves, especially since some are cracked and they might get water-logged, and get heavy.
The slider needs to be simple and transportable, NOT perminant, especially with parkservice and all.... thinking about park service... maybe they wont like a slider at all... anyway... I know floating sliders are not the most desired, but i think floating would be preferable, especially when considering transportation.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

i have some close-ups of the boards to show the holes in the boards that may be used for mounting the things, propping them up or whatever.
(the PVC pipes were buried under 1-2feet of sand the wind blew in over the years :-))

If the slider idea isn't working out then maybe one of the boards can be propped up on a bit of "ollie-able" rock formation that sticks out for winching and wakeskating? or they can be used like buoys for hitting in the middle of the water and if all else fails then they can be used to float on and maybe someone can take the 9 footer and try wake surfing with it?

---------------------------------------------
Here is a slider i do have (mentioned before), but i have not used for over two years
Upload
Upload

SORRY for the BIG LONG POST, but surely it has most all the info needed

And here is an update on the condition of the cut between wahweap and warm-creek by castle rock for those with interest. i am gona post up a weekly pic of this view to track the water rise, but i will wait till i have about 4 pics. the lake is rising 4" a day and is expected to rise faster in the up coming weeks
Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-14-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
i've got several ski tubes that can be used
to float the stuff such as
2 of these
Upload
2 or more like this
Upload
and some one person donut style tubes