Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Lena)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-08-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
Hello everyone ... I have been made a aware of a new product out there that should make waterskiing and wakeboarding much easier, more attractive and more user friendly for the average person like me. I'm older and I don't have the strength anymore to hold on to the handle for long while waterskiing and this new harness should make it much easier. Has anyone seen this product? any feedback? experience? It's the CR Wakebar from Cape Reamol. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2016, 1:21 PM Reply   
If you're going to post to try and get people into your product at least assume we're not all morons and try and hide it as "you're curious about this great new product" ....

I've seen people get crazy messed up from similar systems while show skiing if the pin in the boat fails.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-08-2016, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hello everyone...I have been made aware.....I'm mean I'm about to tell you about it......I say I'm older so you think much much older but really I'm 39. Being 39 I can barely hold a cup of coffee or a steering wheel so I just use my knees for driving and a long straw for my coffee. Instead of directly coming out and saying anything I will try and change my question to get you to look in to this contraption that I'm trying hock. Did you bite?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-09-2016, 11:28 AM Reply   
Can you shed a little more light on this long straw contraption, I am interested.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-09-2016, 1:28 PM Reply   

something like this?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
Dave, I'm sold. I've got to get one of those long straw contraptions! So glad to discover long straw contraptions on here. Thanks for coming on WW and sharing about them!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-09-2016, 4:12 PM Reply   
Nacho: Nice, only difference with mine is I don't use hard 90's as it restricts flow.lol. There's also an inline pump attachment for the people that are very very very old so they no longer have the ability to make a sucking motion with their mouth.

Good work everyone. As you were.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       03-09-2016, 7:19 PM Reply   
CR wakebar...meh, but the CR Sports Bar looks pretty sweet.
Old     (Lena)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-10-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hi folks ... I was expecting a little more professionalism and some real feedback. But I do appreciate your sense of humor. I did my research and I decided to order this waterski harness. So, I hopefully get a chance to try it out next week and I will let you all know how it went ...
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-10-2016, 8:52 AM Reply   
Well Lena, the way your post sounded it really came off as you actually trying to advertise this thing. The whole post sounded fake.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-10-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
It is not a harness. You need to order the harness separately. I don't consider this a good thing. If you lack the strength to get up then I think you are more liable to get injured with something like this. You should work on building up your strength through exercise; and getting up with someone who knows how to properly instruct you on the technique.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-10-2016, 4:32 PM Reply   
This should help for those confused

What makes this better than a kiteboard harness?
is there a chicken loop option like Kiteboard harnesses so I can still do 360s?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-12-2016, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post

something like this?
Nacho I have to pass on that amateur straw. Leaking at all connections, Come on bro.

Lena I could see this being beneficial for wakesurfing way more than wakeboarding. I never get tired holding the rope wakeboarding, it is way to easy. But when I am totally schralping the wake on my wake surfer it gets really tiring holding the rope while I am throwing buckets all over the place.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-13-2016, 7:42 AM Reply   
LMFAO!!! I get tired of holding my pecker so I throw strap over my shoulder to hold that thing while I use 2 hands to take selfies.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-14-2016, 6:11 AM Reply   
Hmm.. a harness that attaches you to a 400hp moving boat. Can't think of where things might go wrong.
Old     (Lena)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-16-2016, 5:18 PM Reply   
Friends ... I got my new CR Wakeboard & Waterski Harness and of course I had to give it a try immediately. I went out on the lake and I gave it a try. It was really easy & great. It's very easy to start and once you are on the go it is very easy to hold on to the handle. Not a lot of effort needed. And no worries if a 400hp boat pulls you. This handle is equipped with a auto quick release mechanism and as soon as you let go of the handle the quick-release opens and you will be disconnected from the boat ... :-) Glad I found this; it works great for me. It's a clever invention. Congratulations to whoever came up with this!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2016, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'm waiting for the equivalent harness for all of the bowling I do (once a year). Those 12 pound balls are just killing me since I'm in in my 40's now. Do they come with a matching walker too?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-17-2016, 1:24 PM Reply   
still waiting for Red's selfie
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-17-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
funny, lena was 39, now she's 59.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-17-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
I find it amazing that anyone who can't physically get up on a wakeboard would actually find their way to a wakeboard forum.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-18-2016, 6:40 AM Reply   
Handle Passing looks like it would really be easy!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-18-2016, 8:18 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2016, 7:14 AM Reply   
I just don't know how to respond or how this device can help you wakeboard.??

the rope and handle is a huge part of learning tricks and jumping the way properly so?? if you are harnessed in can you spin? is it simply something you use to take a break from holding the handle from time to time to give your arms/hands a break? how much are you will to pay to simply take a break from riding while riding?

or does this somehow HELP you Edge properly by putting you into a proper seated position at all times when leaning into it?when they come up with something like this let me know LOL
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-06-2016, 11:40 AM Reply   
I could see this assisting people trying to get up on a slalom because the pull is pretty significant. But getting up on a wakeboard is more about balance than line tension. I know people lose the handle getting up. But it's either because they get scared and/or start losing their balance. Strikes me as absolutely useless for a wakeboarder. I suppose you could make an argument that the assistance helps them not freak out. So I guess you can never say never until you tried it.
Old     (hornrapids1)      Join Date: Sep 2015       04-07-2016, 4:19 AM Reply   
Time to ditch the wakeboard and boat...learn how to kitesurf. The harness is pretty much a kiting harness. No strength....no problem kiting doesnt require the strength that you think it does. Kiting is much cheaper and more fun. Anything I can do behind a boat I can do with a kite bigger and better. I have a supra and love it but it doesnt take the place of kiting.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-07-2016, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornrapids1 View Post
Anything I can do behind a boat I can do with a kite bigger and better.
This is probably the reason that watching kitesurfing tricks is unbearable. Tricks don't seem impressive someone is just hanging off of a handle while slowly floating back down.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-07-2016, 6:53 AM Reply   
I'm gonna get a kite to hold up my pecker so I don't pee on my ankles. 1 of those long dragon kites!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I could see this assisting people trying to get up on a slalom because the pull is pretty significant. But getting up on a wakeboard is more about balance than line tension. I know people lose the handle getting up. But it's either because they get scared and/or start losing their balance. Strikes me as absolutely useless for a wakeboarder. I suppose you could make an argument that the assistance helps them not freak out. So I guess you can never say never until you tried it.
maybe if it was FREE id try it but any cost IM out..
Old     (hornrapids1)      Join Date: Sep 2015       04-07-2016, 11:51 PM Reply   
Go check out red bull king of the air and you might come away with a different perspective.
Old     (Lena)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-26-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
I just don't know how to respond or how this device can help you wakeboard.??

the rope and handle is a huge part of learning tricks and jumping the way properly so?? if you are harnessed in can you spin? is it simply something you use to take a break from holding the handle from time to time to give your arms/hands a break? how much are you will to pay to simply take a break from riding while riding?

or does this somehow HELP you Edge properly by putting you into a proper seated position at all times when leaning into it?when they come up with something like this let me know LOL

Hello ... I'm using it for waterskiing and wakeboarding for a few weeks now ... I'm a recreational rider .... I'm not into jumping and doing crazy tricks ... I simply enjoy skiing & wakeboarding without getting exhausted & tired right away ... it helps me with my start and once I'm up I can ride for the longest ... I feel like it's more fun like that and I can focus on riding ..
Old     (Lena)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-26-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
just wanted to circle back to everyone to share an update on my experience with this new Harness for Wakeboarding and Waterskiing. I have been using it for a few weeks and I'm very surprised how well it works for me. It really helps me to get up and once I'm up riding behind the boat the harness helps me to stabilize myself. I'm a recreational rider and I can say that this did make a positive change in my riding abilities. I did have some concerns about the safety of this product but the build-in quick release works great and as soon as you let go the handle you will be disconnected from the boat.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-27-2016, 7:34 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-27-2016, 8:40 AM Reply   
OK its official LENA (obviously not your real name) we know you work for CR whatever and your harness is not made for wakeboarders, Id suggest finding a skiing forum to sell your product. NO normal poster would ever come back 4 times to tell us how great "this brand new world changing device" is. and professionalism is not going to a forum and pretending to be a "random" poster looking for a great new product, your PR dept sucks if they think this actually works. Maybe try SHARKTANK they like new inventors and you might actually have a market for aging 50+ waterskiers that may catch that show

and whats up with this sentence? are you a robot or someone that just learned english? "... it helps me with my start and once I'm up I can ride for the longest ..."