Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (richmondVA)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-09-2013, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have boarded for 16 years and got really good at it. The past few years I have been footing because we have really good water...It's not bad but I'm not willing to put too much effort in it other than tumbles and wake crosses and just holding on until my feet burn so I'm bored with it. I also have "real" surfed all my life and have traveled to far away places to do it for years.

I own a barefoot boat now and plan to keep it. I have had a v drive (VLX) and several barefoot nautiques and a sunsetter.

This summer I started surfing on a friends 22' centurion with only stock ballast and have been thinking about getting a surf boat.

After reading the forum it seems like a Tige or 23' enzo is what I want. I'm willing to spend about
$35G and I ride goofy.

Does it make a huge difference with the prop turn on the goofy side? I read that the Tige has an equal wake on both sides any thoughts on that?
What Tige compares to an Enzo 230? Should I be concerned about getting a reverse prop turn Enzo?

What boat has a wake that I don't need to have exposed bags and have a pro style wake?

I want the biggest longest wave I can get for 35G!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-09-2013, 8:55 PM Reply   
Post your question on Centurioncrew.com as well on some other forums so you have answers and then you can make a solid decision.

A SAC'KED OUT Reversed rotation Avy, Enzo would be awesome. Wouldnt be the end of the world if it wasnt.

Im biased, I surf Enzo, Avy, Falcon, and Elite
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-10-2013, 12:15 AM Reply   
The Tige 24V and 24Ve would be good and excellent wakesurf boats. They also throw virtually identical waves on both sides with the same weight. They can require more list than newer boats but also have lots of free board.

Definitely find someone with a dialed in 230/230+ and a dialed in 24V or 24Ve and get a ride to be sure what you like best. If you are goofy, you probably have friends and/or family that are regular so will want a boat that is great on both sides, IMHO.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-10-2013, 3:44 AM Reply   
I have an Enzo 233. Despite the rumors, with proper weighting, both sides of the wave are great. However, it does take a good amount of playing around to figure it out.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-10-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
@carzin I am curious. I have had several friends (Enzo owners) tell me the 230 and 230+ makes a better wake than the 233, something to do with the balance of weight with the boat, the windshield and cockpit moved forward. Have you experienced that? Compared your boat to a 230 or 230+?

When people ask me, I never put the 233 on my list to recommend, yet the 230 and 230+ I do. That boat is def a beloved wakesurf boat.
Old     (loudelectronics)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-10-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
The TIge 24V is a killer surf boat. IMO best surf boat for the money. Very easy to make a wake on either side and all ballast will fit in the lockers so no need for extra weight on seats or in view.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-10-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
Ragboy, I have experienced it compared to a 244. The wave is equal to or barely short of the 244 wave. In fact, the owner of a wake surf school went out on my boat this past week and said our opposite prop rotation wave was better than his.

The 233 is sensitive to being properly weighted. When we first got it, I wasn't happy. Took a couple of weeks, and once we determined weight placement, it was amazing. Took longer to figure out opposite side. Personally, I have found value in the bow ballast. Most Enzo's are not ordered with it. You also have the oddity of the fuel tank. 72 gallons. We find the wave is the best with 20% of the fuel burned.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-10-2013, 1:18 PM Reply   
So I am guessing that it just took a while to dial it in, different than a 230 or 230+ but at first people maybe thought it wasn't as good, just had to find it. I understand that, finding a great wake and dialing in is a lot of fun IMHO.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-11-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
Ragboy, I have experienced it compared to a 244. The wave is equal to or barely short of the 244 wave. In fact, the owner of a wake surf school went out on my boat this past week and said our opposite prop rotation wave was better than his.

The 233 is sensitive to being properly weighted. When we first got it, I wasn't happy. Took a couple of weeks, and once we determined weight placement, it was amazing. Took longer to figure out opposite side. Personally, I have found value in the bow ballast. Most Enzo's are not ordered with it. You also have the oddity of the fuel tank. 72 gallons. We find the wave is the best with 20% of the fuel burned.
I have a 2013 233 and totally agree with CarZin. I have never made the goofy wake great, but I have had little incentive to do so, but I have made it pretty darn good. The regular wake is wonderful. Weighing the boat from port to starboard is totally different in configuration. The port side takes weight on both sides while the starboar likes it only on that side.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2013, 1:50 PM Reply   
That makes sense, its just funny how in my world, and I guess we attract similar people, there is always the incentive. When we go out, each time we at LEAST switch the boat one time. Goofy is always equally important and that is why we never use lead or sacks on the seat. Well, there are other reasons for that as well, but the main reason is that we only have to hit a switch to go from side to side, because we do it constantly.

It is more on my mind now, because normally when we do a polar bear event, which is this weekend, about 20% of the riders are goofy. That is about average, maybe a bit more than what we get on the EWT events, 15-20% goofy. But this polar bear, more than half of the 30 riders are goofy. So many of them are husband and wife couples where one spouse is regular and one is goofy and the wives love and enjoy wakesurfing as much as their husbands so they all demand a boat that is as equal as possible on both sides.

I think with entire family's surfing together more, it will be more the norm, at least in my world, it definitely seems that way. I know we must attract more of that to us since it has been very important to us.

Anyway, just blew me away we have more goofy (only by 1, but still) than regular this year, and more than half of the riders are new to polar bear and wake9, not old timers.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-12-2013, 5:42 AM Reply   
Like Dennis & Carzin It took me a bit to dial in my Goofy wake. Mine is a LH prop boat, but I am Goofy. I have it pretty darn good! Not as good as a RH 244, but pretty good!

My boat is for sale in VA by the way if you'd like to come check it out!
Attached Images