Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-05-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Too early in the year for any smack???? I'll start....
NFC west is wide open, Cardinals are paper tigers just like every season.
Kaep is over......I bet the 9ers bring in a QB out of retirement to back up Gabbert within the next week. And in typical Niner fan fashion, the place is half empty by halftime.
Dallas played a hell of a game, but Drew don't give in at home. Even a clanked 30 harder didn't kill them.
Cam Newton is for real.
Is Green Bay really that good???? Held to 17 by the 9ers.....hmmm.....then again how many points do you really need to beat the Flatbill Mouthbreather?
I agree with all that but "Cam Newton is for real"?!?! What? Cam was 11-22 for 124 yards against the Bucs yesterday. Same ol' Cam. Without that Panther D and Winston throwing INTs all day, Cam doesn't have a chance.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-05-2015, 12:25 PM Reply   
Smack talk?

I'll help this out... Rodgers O line looked weak yesterday and IMO it's only a matter of time before Rodgers get's hurt.

Everyone anointed the Cards after three weeks and they've already fallen.

St Louis is average. Better than they have been over the last ten years but still average. Can't wait till we play in our house.

After two losses the NFL forgot about the Hawks. Pretty short sighted, especially when they are starting to gel on offense and defense. They did it last year after the KC game. How'd that turn out?

I highly doubt anyone will give us credit after taking down the Lions but it won't matter. Our W's will continue to grow week after week until people have no choice.

Go Hawks!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2015, 8:07 PM Reply   
Really Cliff? Cardinals have fallen once. The Hawks have fallen twice. As for gelling against the Lions. More like fumbling. Rams are average? They beat the Hawks. As for Green Bay Rodgers could easily school Fumble Wilson on how to read a defense.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
Are you worried yet Cliff?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
Refs blow it again. Seattle intentionally batted the ball out of the end zone. That should have been a penalty and Detroit's ball 1st and goal at the 6" LINE.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-05-2015, 8:47 PM Reply   
Whew...that was close.. Our offense sucks... Bet you wish Dez would have got that call last year.. Lol
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-05-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
Ball was on its way out anyway. Refs decided not to call it for that reason...

Lousy offensive play absolutely dominating defensive play.

By the way Bobby, Hawks won. You can suck on that for a week now.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2015, 9:22 PM Reply   
Could have been on it's way out but was shoved out by Wright. A clear penalty. Another tarnished win. A gift from the referee's . Call it what you will. I'll stand by the Cardinals as the team to beat in the NFC West.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2015, 5:25 AM Reply   
As for the dominating defensive play. How many sacks,fumbles and QB pressures did Detroit create? How many points did they allow. The average fan saw a close game at the home of the loud crowd that only the referee's could save foe Seattle. Yet Seattle fans saw a totally different game through their goggles.2-2 is a dominating record. The Dallas Cowboys are 2-2 with their 2nd string playing. I realize they're lucky to be where they are,but i'm a realistic fan. Would you dare to compare Weeden stats to Wilson's stats?
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-06-2015, 7:01 AM Reply   
Seattle should have lost that game, and there sure as **** wasn't any destroying going on. Seattle looks mediocre to decent at best, offense is all out of wack and doom is winning games.

Green Bay seems fine to me as long is hey can get their mess straight and keep Rogers alive. I don't think many if any NFC teams could beat them right now

Love the Panthers and enjoying wins but our defense won that game. Receiving core is junk and Stewart is meh, Cam can run but ironman will get bent one day and it will come tumbling down. I don't think it will be this year, maybe next. I just wish he could hit a target, but doesn't really matter since only person that could catch it if he did is Olsen

Last edited by King12; 10-06-2015 at 7:04 AM.
Old     (therealblaze)      Join Date: May 2011       10-06-2015, 9:59 AM Reply   
I dare to compare stats-

These are career stats since you asked to compare:

Brandon Weeden stats: 74.9 rating, 5970 yards, 28 touchdowns - 4 years 0 superbowl appearances

Russel Wilson stats: 98.7 rating, 10,929 yards, 77 touchdowns - 4 years 2 superbowl appearances
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
Mike how about something more recent like how they each did it's week. A second string has been vs a highly paid choke artist.
Old     (therealblaze)      Join Date: May 2011       10-06-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
If you were to take each player and put them on the opposite team do you think Weeden even survives with the Seattle offensive line? I think Wilson would have ran all over the Saints with the offensive line the Cowboys have. Just my two cents.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-06-2015, 4:11 PM Reply   
So we can only consider one week... That's an interesting way to compare athletes. Excuse me I meant terrible way. Payton had a bad first game.. Guess he has always sucked if we look at that week
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2015, 6:31 PM Reply   
If you haven't figured it out yet you will pretty fast. Bobby eats retard sandwiches before he comes on here to post.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2015, 7:40 PM Reply   
If you haven't figured it out yet. Seattle fans use past or career stats when they serve their purpose. Then say you are talking about the past if you bring up past accomplishments. Or they say how about Career stats if you bring up the present. Then if neither of the help them prove their point they bring up playoff wins or Super Bowl wins,if you only count the last three years. You can't win either way you go. If you go head to head and beat them at their house they look at another technical aspect even though your team has the same record as their team and your team beat them head to head. That's when you become a patient Patriots fan and wait till the last play of the Super Bowl. Enough said.
Old     (therealblaze)      Join Date: May 2011       10-06-2015, 8:34 PM Reply   
I wasn't giving stats from Matt Hasselbeck and the success of the 2005 Seahawks. These are there current relative stats and illustrate recent success, this differs from fans talking about there teams success from years ago when most of these players weren't even playing. You just brought up there head to head from last year, talk about hypocritical.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2015, 6:54 AM Reply   
I was referring to last year's thread when I spoke of bringing up head to head. I also was referring to last week's game when I said to compare stats. Talk about unable to comprehend. Oh that's just bending and twisting a post to make it fit the west coast agenda. Arizona 3-1 Saint Louis 2-2 Seattle 2-2 San Francisco 1-3. Third in the division with a unearned win against Detroit. Otherwise Seattle would be a bottom dweller with the 49ers.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
Enjoy gloating over our record now Bobby. It's going to be a fleeting argument in a few more weeks...

Dallas's season will continue to sound like the sucking noise from a toilet being flushed...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Mike how about something more recent like how they each did it's week. A second string has been vs a highly paid choke artist.
Are you talking about Weeden vs Romo here?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Are you talking about Weeden vs Romo here?
You know better than that Darren. Remember you're Tony's #1 fan. The highest rated passer last year and the only QB to go 8-0 on the road during regular season. Did Tony look like a choke artist in the Giants game? It was all on his shoulders. You can go ahead and admit it .......... you really like your screen name
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Cliff if you had that much trouble with Detroit,who was winless so far this year,in your house keep dreaming. The Rams and Cardinals have past the Seahawks. Seattle will be fighting with the 49ers for the first draft pick in their division.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
You know better than that Darren. Remember you're Tony's #1 fan. The highest rated passer last year and the only QB to go 8-0 on the road during regular season. Did Tony look like a choke artist in the Giants game? It was all on his shoulders. You can go ahead and admit it .......... you really like your screen name
That's why I was so confused. Doesn't seem like a fair comparison. Weeden isn't nearly as good at Romo. Then again Weeden's QBR is better than Romo's QBR this year. Maybe I should change my screen name since I love QBs with high QBRs and low win totals.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2015, 12:14 PM Reply   
In fact Weeden has a better completion % than Romo. Better QB Rating than Romo. More yards than Romo. Less turnovers than Romo.
By your standards Robert, Weeden must be a better QB than Romo.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2015, 12:35 PM Reply   
So far this year. But the year isn't over yet. Stay calm Darren,Tony will make you proud.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2015, 12:38 PM Reply   
Darren please show us a picture of you in your favorite QB's jersey. We have been very patient since last Super Bowl. Seems like forever ago.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-08-2015, 9:37 AM Reply   
I'll make it happen.
BTW I'm taking the Texans over the Colts tonight.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
Rams / Packers - Packers

Cardinals / Lions - Lions

Niners / Giants - Giants

Hawks / Bengals - Hawks

Lions over Cards seems improbable but I just don't see them losing a fifth game at home after such a heartbreaking loss in Seattle.

Hawks O line is going to be playing on a whole other level this week. Pete made it clear there would be changes to insure they don't have a repeat of this weeks game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2015, 5:40 PM Reply   
I'll take the Colts tonight. Working on the rest now.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2015, 5:49 PM Reply   
Go Matt! Number 8 lives...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2015, 5:56 PM Reply   
Sunday @1:00 pm

WAS @ATL - Falcons at home.
CLE @ BAL - Ravens at home.
SEA @ CIN - Bengals at home.
STL @ GB - Packers at home.
CHI @ KC - Chiefs at home.
NO @ PHI - Saints on the road.
JAX @ TB - Bucs at home.
BUF @ TEN - Bills on the road.

Sunday @ 4:05 pm
ARI @ DET - Cardinals on the road.They widen their lead in the NFC West.

Sunday @4:25 pm
NE @ DAL - Cowboys put on a defensive stand . They also get just enough points to pull out the win at home.
DEN @ OAK - Broncos on the road.

Sunday night @8:25 pm
SF @ NYG - Giants at home.

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:25PM

PIT @ SD - Chargers at home.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2015, 11:51 AM Reply   
I knew I should never doubt #8. Hasselbeck!! Hope RW was watching that 2 yard TD pass Matt threw last night.

DC @ ATL - Falcons
Cle @ Bal - Ravens
SEA @ Cin - HAWKS!!!
Stl @ GB - GB but close game
Chi @ KC - KC
NO @ Phi - Eagles
Jax @ TB - Bucs
Buf @ Tenn - Bills
Ari @ Det - Lions
NE @ Dal - Pats by a mile
Den @ Oak - Broncos
SF @ NYG - G-Men
Pit @ SD - Chargers
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-10-2015, 2:22 PM Reply   
Might pick up the Giants D for my fantasy team. Krap hasnt thrown a TD other than to opposing defenses in 3 games.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2015, 3:05 PM Reply   
Put a team on the ropes like that and can't get a couple first downs to finish it... Sad, sad, sad...
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-11-2015, 4:01 PM Reply   
That was a tough one...... It's uphill from here. Offense is sputtering.....lost my ass this week.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2015, 5:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Smack talk?

I'll help this out... Rodgers O line looked weak yesterday and IMO it's only a matter of time before Rodgers get's hurt.

Everyone anointed the Cards after three weeks and they've already fallen.

St Louis is average. Better than they have been over the last ten years but still average. Can't wait till we play in our house.

After two losses the NFL forgot about the Hawks. Pretty short sighted, especially when they are starting to gel on offense and defense. They did it last year after the KC game. How'd that turn out?

I highly doubt anyone will give us credit after taking down the Lions but it won't matter. Our W's will continue to grow week after week until people have no choice.

Go Hawks!
How's that workin out for ya?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2015, 6:14 PM Reply   
Looks like I won the picks this week. Cliff do you believe the Cardinals dominated the Lions in their own den? When will you admit the Cardinals stock is going up and the Seahawks stock is crashing down. Looks like the Legion of pop is all pooped out. Gave up a 24-7 lead to lose another one. Even Kam can't save you.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
In fact Weeden has a better completion % than Romo. Better QB Rating than Romo. More yards than Romo. Less turnovers than Romo.
By your standards Robert, Weeden must be a better QB than Romo.
Do you really think Weeden is better Darren. Go ahead and get your Romo jersey and you'll be much more respected than if you were wearing a Weeden Jersey. It would probably be hard to find a Weeden jersey anyway. 12 straight losses doesn't make a QB too popular.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
Far from given up but ya gotta take your lumps after a game like yesterdays. You have to admit the Hawks were kicking ass through the third. Now they need to figure out how to keep that intensity for four quarters. This week's game is going to be a perfect test of that.

As for the Lions / Cards game... I thought the Lions would come out looking for blood. Never imagined things would get so bad that they would bench their boy??? Cards will still fall on their faces this season. It's what they do...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-12-2015, 10:01 AM Reply   
Well that was a nice kick to the teeth. Had that game won and Hawks got conservative. Guess it's better than getting blown out at home like some other teams I know...
Giants are easily the best team in the NFC East, that is sad.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2015, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Far from given up but ya gotta take your lumps after a game like yesterdays. You have to admit the Hawks were kicking ass through the third. Now they need to figure out how to keep that intensity for four quarters. This week's game is going to be a perfect test of that.

As for the Lions / Cards game... I thought the Lions would come out looking for blood. Never imagined things would get so bad that they would bench their boy??? Cards will still fall on their faces this season. It's what they do...
The Cardinals didn't collapse last year. They played remarkable well with both their second and third string QB's. The Lions ran into a true balanced and determined team. The week before they played a confused and worn down team. The Refs helped Seattle come away with the win,but this week their true colors showed. Now every team that plays Seattle knows they can break Seattle's will.Don't be surprised if Seattle doesn't even make the playoffs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well that was a nice kick to the teeth. Had that game won and Hawks got conservative. Guess it's better than getting blown out at home like some other teams I know...
Giants are easily the best team in the NFC East, that is sad.
Sounds like an excuse Darren. The Legion of Boom has shot their wad. Teams now realize they are giving up late in the game if their opponent keeps the pedal to the metal.As for the NFC East it's a toss up but the Eagles seem to be the healthiest. The Giants are a roller coaster team who can play great one week and suck the next. As for Dallas and the Skins they are both building up to their potential. It may come down to the Skins and the Cowboys for the division. Whoever wins the division will probably be the #4 seed.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2015, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Cardinals didn't collapse last year. They played remarkable well with both their second and third string QB's. The Lions ran into a true balanced and determined team. The week before they played a confused and worn down team. The Refs helped Seattle come away with the win,but this week their true colors showed. Now every team that plays Seattle knows they can break Seattle's will.Don't be surprised if Seattle doesn't even make the playoffs.

Hahahahahha... Ok Bobby...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2015, 11:06 PM Reply   
Hey Seattle, how does it feel to be less than average again? Welcome back.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-13-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds like an excuse Darren. The Legion of Boom has shot their wad. Teams now realize they are giving up late in the game if their opponent keeps the pedal to the metal.As for the NFC East it's a toss up but the Eagles seem to be the healthiest. The Giants are a roller coaster team who can play great one week and suck the next. As for Dallas and the Skins they are both building up to their potential. It may come down to the Skins and the Cowboys for the division. Whoever wins the division will probably be the #4 seed.
So Seattle at 2-3 is collapsing but Dallas at 2-3 is building up. Building up losses is what I think you meant.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-13-2015, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey Seattle, how does it feel to be less than average again? Welcome back.
Better than it feels to be a dumpster fire....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2015, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabledog View Post
better than it feels to be a dumpster fire....
lol!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
Its getting hot in here...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2015, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
So Seattle at 2-3 is collapsing but Dallas at 2-3 is building up. Building up losses is what I think you meant.
Seattle doesn't have firepower coming in their future. Dallas has Randy Gregory, Dez Bryant and Tony Romo. I'd say that's something to look forward too. Not to mention Matt Cassel has to be better than Weeden. Also Dallas is Taking a look at La Michael James who was released by the Dolphins. He may be the Murray replacement they need.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2015, 3:04 PM Reply   
Remember Seattle is playing the Panthers. A team that always plays them tough. I'll be picking the Panthers to win that one. Dallas has a bye week 6 . Then they take on the Giants after they play a Monday night game against a good Philly defense. Dallas will have Gregory to help the defense and Cassel to spark the offense.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-13-2015, 4:59 PM Reply   
Sorry Robert but without my man Tony R the Boyz are done. Since Lord of the QBs (Tony) doesn't return till Week 11, the Cowboys shot of making the post season is over. And let's just say that the King of QBR (Tony), get's them the last playoff spot, that means the Cowboys end up on the road and we know what happens on the road in the playoffs with Mr. Laces Out (Tony) under center.
Might as well pack up Garrett's office and tell Jerry to get on the phone to his next puppet he can play with. If he's smart Jerry will call up Pete Carroll and ask for one of his assistants. I'm guessing Pete's secretary could coach better than Garrett.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2015, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry Robert but without my man Tony R the Boyz are done. Since Lord of the QBs (Tony) doesn't return till Week 11, the Cowboys shot of making the post season is over. And let's just say that the King of QBR (Tony), get's them the last playoff spot, that means the Cowboys end up on the road and we know what happens on the road in the playoffs with Mr. Laces Out (Tony) under center.
Might as well pack up Garrett's office and tell Jerry to get on the phone to his next puppet he can play with. If he's smart Jerry will call up Pete Carroll and ask for one of his assistants. I'm guessing Pete's secretary could coach better than Garrett.
I heard Pete told Mike Tomlin to pass the ball on the last play last night.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-13-2015, 8:26 PM Reply   
^^^^
That right there is fu**in funny......
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-14-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
I heard Pete told Mike Tomlin to pass the ball on the last play last night.
Well played.

Oh BTW did anyone catch which NFL franchise is #1?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...nnual-rankings
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-14-2015, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well played.

Their still 2-3 and about to play the Panthers. Things aren't looking too bright in Seattle's gloomy future.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-14-2015, 7:22 PM Reply   
Thursday @ 8:25PM

ATL @ NO - Falcons on the road

Sunday @ 1:00 pm

WAS @ NYJ - Jets at home.
ARI @ PIT - Cardinals on the road.
KC @ MIN - Vikings at home.
CIN @ BUF - Bengals on the road.
CHI @ DET - Bears on the road.
DEN @ CLE - Broncos on the road.
HOU @ JAX - Texans on the road.
MIA @ TEN - Titans at home.

Sunday @ 4:05 pm
CAR @ SEA - Panthers beat the 12th man. No i'm not talking about the referees.

Sunday @ 4:25PM
SD @ GB - Packers at home.
BAL @ SF - 49ERS find a way to lose. Thanks Kap. RAVENS win on the road in a close one.

SUN @8:30 pm
NE @ IND - Patriots on the road .

MONDAY @ 8:30 pm

NYG @ PHI - Eagles at home. GIANTS start the roller coaster ride.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2015, 12:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well played.

I don't get it.

If only the call had been legal and accurate in the end zone near the end of the Detroit game, the hawks would rightfully be 1-4 just like the floundering Niners! How does that put the hawks anywhere near the top? Detroit is 0-5! This is exactly the kind of thing that makes people stop watching all NFL games and assume its rigged. I don't feel this way but, I have friends that do and have literally turned off their TV's to anything NFL related because of chit like that.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-15-2015, 11:39 AM Reply   
^^Yeah cuz Kam punching that ball out was completely planned. LOL!
my picks.
ATL
JETS
PITT
VIKES
BILLS
LIONS
BROWNS
JAGS
TITANS
HAWKS!!
GB
RAVENS
PATS
G-MEN
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-15-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
LOL!!!!! TONY!!!! I'm sure Brady will get you a ticket.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/tony...were-blown-out
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-15-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
Battle for the basement of the NFC West next Thursday in Santa Clara. Any predictions? The rivalry is still alive with our awesome records so far... Hawks win and 2 picks on Krap.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2015, 9:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^Yeah cuz Kam punching that ball out was completely planned. LOL!
my picks.
ATL
JETS
PITT
VIKES
BILLS
LIONS
BROWNS
JAGS
TITANS
HAWKS!!
GB
RAVENS
PATS
G-MEN
You completely missed my point. I was saying that since the hawks should be 1-4 (if NFL rules were followed in that Detroit game), why would they be viewed (per the article you linked) as anything better than average at best? The Detroit game screw up by the refs, is no different than the 2012 end zone call of 2012 against GB! It has since been admitted by league officials that that was an incorrect call as most of us outside of rain hell already knew...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2015, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Battle for the basement of the NFC West next Thursday in Santa Clara. Any predictions? The rivalry is still alive with our awesome records so far... Hawks win and 2 picks on Krap.
Great post and question. Battle of the losers. My knee jerk answer would be a Hawks win however, after watching both games this last weekend, I'd say the answer lies within how they each look this weekend. Anything is possible and we shouldn't be surprised either way. Both teams suck but, the Niners look like they're on the upswing.

Side note: Our daughter got married at our house last Saturday night. We hosted a brunch Sunday morning too and then proceeded to watch the Hawks/Bengals game. My house was filled with 12 yelling and screaming Hawks fans who were yapping all through the 3rd quarter. Things like "take that" and "oh we got this" etc... I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell anyone here how much fun it was for me to text said family members in the fouth quarter who were either on their way to or at the airport that their beloved team had pooped the bed again. Needless to say, it capped a perfect weekend. All was right in the world...

Last edited by markj; 10-15-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2015, 6:04 AM Reply   
As a fan who could care less about the Seahawks pre- Smack Talking Thread. I too find great joy in their Super Bowl Loss and their subsequent collapse this year. The team is just like the fans of recent years. They both talk the talk but stumble often when they walk.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-16-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
As a fan who could care less about the Seahawks pre- Smack Talking Thread. I too find great joy in their Super Bowl Loss and their subsequent collapse this year. The team is just like the fans of recent years. They both talk the talk but stumble often when they walk.
You're pretty obsessed for someone who doesn't care
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2015, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
You're pretty obsessed for someone who doesn't care
If you read my post. I said pre Smack Talking thread. You guys stirred me up.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2015, 10:09 PM Reply   
Stirred you up? What since 2012...lets face facts Bobby, you're soft. You've always been soft. You act like you're a Dallas fan but never actually root for your team, you merely conspire to run down the fans of other teams. Oh sure you've sucked Romos D for the last few years but never truly esposed any more passion for Dallas than your hate for Seattle. You're soft son, soft.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-16-2015, 10:30 PM Reply   
^^^^This!!!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-16-2015, 10:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
You completely missed my point. I was saying that since the hawks should be 1-4 (if NFL rules were followed in that Detroit game), why would they be viewed (per the article you linked) as anything better than average at best? The Detroit game screw up by the refs, is no different than the 2012 end zone call of 2012 against GB! It has since been admitted by league officials that that was an incorrect call as most of us outside of rain hell already knew...
It's a little different than the end zone call. Does anyone really dispute that the ball was going out the back of the end zone even without the tap. Not like megatron crossed the plane and the refs missed it. Rules are rules but it was different than the fail mary. To be honest Seattle fans were as shocked as anyone when that happened but it did get the real refs back... Wish we still had Golden Tate. Russel's slut (ex)wife screwed that whole deal up.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-16-2015, 10:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Great post and question. Battle of the losers. My knee jerk answer would be a Hawks win however, after watching both games this last weekend, I'd say the answer lies within how they each look this weekend. Anything is possible and we shouldn't be surprised either way. Both teams suck but, the Niners look like they're on the upswing.

Side note: Our daughter got married at our house last Saturday night. We hosted a brunch Sunday morning too and then proceeded to watch the Hawks/Bengals game. My house was filled with 12 yelling and screaming Hawks fans who were yapping all through the 3rd quarter. Things like "take that" and "oh we got this" etc... I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell anyone here how much fun it was for me to text said family members in the fouth quarter who were either on their way to or at the airport that their beloved team had pooped the bed again. Needless to say, it capped a perfect weekend. All was right in the world...
Congratulations on your daughters wedding.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-17-2015, 4:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Stirred you up? What since 2012...lets face facts Bobby, you're soft. You've always been soft. You act like you're a Dallas fan but never actually root for your team, you merely conspire to run down the fans of other teams. Oh sure you've sucked Romos D for the last few years but never truly esposed any more passion for Dallas than your hate for Seattle. You're soft son, soft.
Your screen name fits you well, hate for all the other fans and pain because you're a Seattle fan. My screen name says it all Dallas CowboyFan,enough said.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Congratulations on your daughters wedding.
Thanks!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2015, 12:33 PM Reply   
Cardinals - Steelers - Steelers

Panthers - Hawks - Hawks

Ravens - Niners - Ravens

Hawks win this one with punishing defense....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-17-2015, 6:36 PM Reply   
Just like they punished Cincinnati.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-17-2015, 11:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just like they punished Cincinnati.
Like,! said. Obsessed for someone who doesn't care...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2015, 11:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cardinals - Steelers - Steelers

Panthers - Hawks - Hawks

Ravens - Niners - Ravens

Hawks win this one with punishing defense....
Cliff. Come on. That only sounds like a hawks wish list and nothing more. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but, I think you'll be more than lucky if you're even 2 for 3 on your picks.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2015, 4:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Like,! said. Obsessed for someone who doesn't care...
Like 34 points to the Rams,27 points to the Packers,10 points to the winless Lions and 27 points to The Bengals is punishing. Those are the facts,punishing is in your dreams.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2015, 6:26 PM Reply   
Hey Seattle, your 15 minutes are clearly up. The implosion continues. At least it'll make the Gutter Bowl more interesting this Thursday. Hey Cliff, wanna change those picks?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2015, 6:38 PM Reply   
Add 27 more points for the Panthers . Now the two teams with the worst record in the NFC West will play to see who ends up in last place.. From this week's play i'm leaning towards San Francisco.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-19-2015, 6:52 AM Reply   
Seattles Record
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
^^^^I like that. At least Richard knows where they stand.