Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2015, 8:17 PM Reply   
Earlier this week my wife and I were sitting at a stop light and a girl rear ended us at speed. Likely taking that perfect selfie. She never even hit the brakes going probably 45-50mph. We have a 2013 4Runner and she was in a little Kia. Needless to say, her car is trashed and she will get to go car shopping. Along with the trashing the bumper and liftgate, the impact twisted the rear section of the frame down (from impact with towing hitch) and then pushed it into the spare tire. I can also see a few different places where the coating on the frame has separated from either flexing or being bent. The impact also caused the factory touch screen to start flopping around somehow.

With all that said, I'm going to take it in for an estimate from the insurance company and I have no doubt that they are going to want to repair it. I assume when I go to trade it in, they will see they frame repair and take me to the cleaners because of it. I have read a little about making a claim for the loss of value on the car, but wanted to see if anyone here has done something similar.

Thoughts? Am I being too paranoid? Should I just let them fix it and move on?