Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-12-2016, 2:47 PM Reply   
Wetsounds dropped another new amp line. Earlier the HTX series dropped which replaced the HT series

Now the new SYN-DX series of amps replaces the SYN series.
https://wetsounds.com/pages/products...-overview.html

I noticed that the DX is also a class D series. Isn't that a step down for the old Syn series being a G/H series amp. What is the benefit of running class D now? The chassis also loose their luster and the chrome. Need some new amps for my new boat. So trying to decide which route to go.
Also do you think the XS650's will be a huge upgrade over the current Polks that came in the boat.
(6) Polks
Pair of Rev 10's
And XS12

I don't plan on hammering the piss out of it and the SD series is just too much cash. I am guessing I will see the older SYN 4 on sale here so which series would you do? The older series or the newer DX series.

Last edited by hookedonboardin; 03-12-2016 at 2:51 PM.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-13-2016, 6:34 AM Reply   
Class G has been gone since the exit of the Syn1.
At the time Class H was introduced to marine amplifiers it offered a more efficient alternative to Class AB.
There's nothing wrong with Class H, but Class D is more efficient than Class H. It's time to move forward with the direction technology is going. And any new Wetsounds series since the Syn intro has been Class D.
For a true marine amplifier, it should be a sealed chassis. Now the entire Wetsounds line-up is Class D and sealed chassis.

Yes, the Wetsounds XS650s are an upgrade over any version of a Polk speaker that has been used by CC.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-13-2016, 1:21 PM Reply   
Thanks David.

Brought the boat over to the shop today as I wanted to check the head room with the 10's hanging. Didn't like how low the necessarily were. Couple that w the fact I have an undertower Bimini and I wound need to modify the supports to make the 10's work. I am 6ft 3'inch so every little bit counts.

Stereo guy suggested possibly going w 4 Rev 8's. He's got an Arc audio
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-13-2016, 1:36 PM Reply   
I hit the wrong button with my fat thumb.

He's got an Arc Audio KS600.2 on his shelf he is willing to make a great deal on and was recommending that over the SYN DX-2. The power specs on the KS are a bit more than the SYN DX 2 but it's not a marine amp. I am just not sure if he's pushing that amp because it's in stock at moment or if that is truly the better call. I just can't do an SD2 as that is way over my budget I am already stretching a bit in order to go with (4) Rev 8's for head room.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-13-2016, 4:17 PM Reply   
The arc 600.2 is a awesome amp.it will give you 300watts RMS to each Rev 8 if you go with four of them.I have used arc in all my boats for the last seven years without one failure. Don't get to hung up on marine grade if you store Indore and the area where you mount the amps is dry.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-13-2016, 5:33 PM Reply   
The KS600.2 is solid for 4 rev8's.... Although it's not class D and is not marine it's the trade off you want for the power specs. Remeber you won't get any amplifier RMS rating on a boat while at party cove. I vote KS over DX if you are in a position to run regular amplifiers.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-13-2016, 5:43 PM Reply   
The amps in the Nautique are mounted high and dry on the wall in the observers compartment. The boat is wiped down and stored in a temperature controlled garage with a humidifier. So I think I am ok going that route. I have just always heard and read the Wetsounds are underated and can handle the extra power , I just wasn't sure if that extra power was worth the risk going non marine rated.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-13-2016, 5:45 PM Reply   
The 600.2 is a solid choice for non marine for 4 rev8's.. You won't be disappointed with the trade offs in a Nauti as mentioned.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2016, 7:07 PM Reply   
Boardjunky,

Power side, the Arc KS600.2 and Wet Sounds SD-2 are spot on. For two pair of 8" HLCD, 300W rms is going to push them to ther potential when tuned right. Added headroom power size is rarely a bad thing, but then again, a marine built amp in a boat is always a plus. It takes quite a bit of wattage difference to make an audible difference.