Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-20-2020, 2:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Fauci himself originally came out saying no one needs to wear masks.
That isn't how science works. Science doesn't come out with the right answer at the start and except everyone to stick to the initial proclamation despite new information and revisions. But idiots will do that when the new information isn't what they want to hear. Then they start shouting "fire the scientists".
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-20-2020, 2:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
That isn't how science works. Science doesn't come out with the right answer at the start and except everyone to stick to the initial proclamation despite new information and revisions. But idiots will do that when the new information isn't what they want to hear. Then they start shouting "fire the scientists".
As long as it’s Trump’s fault, it doesn’t matter what the science says. Speaking of science, where is the science in all of this? Where are the studies? How did the case numbers grow when everyone is wearing a mask at every store in the country? The story now is that the recent uptick has been caused by family and friends gathering. So why kill all the restaurants and “nonessential” businesses?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-20-2020, 2:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
That isn't how science works. Science doesn't come out with the right answer at the start and except everyone to stick to the initial proclamation despite new information and revisions. But idiots will do that when the new information isn't what they want to hear. Then they start shouting "fire the scientists".
Where’s the science in these dozens of cases of hypocrite democrat leaders telling us all to do one thing while they do the opposite?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-20-2020, 2:56 AM Reply   
Why won’t Fredo’s democrat brother release any info about all the thousands of old folks that he personally sent to their deaths?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-20-2020, 3:06 AM Reply   
Disgusting how Trump is fleecing his numpties by pretending donations go to his fake election fight

How many numpties do you think are donating over $8k?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idINKBN27R30B
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-20-2020, 3:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Where’s the science in these dozens of cases of hypocrite democrat leaders telling us all to do one thing while they do the opposite?
The fact that you think science has anything to do with hypocrites ignoring it is a pretty good indication that you don't understand science.

I understand that if you got cancer or some other deadly disease that you would probably try to get medical treatment from Trump or Rudy, but I'd recommend that you see an actual medical professional.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2020, 4:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Disgusting how Trump is fleecing his numpties by pretending donations go to his fake election fight
I have zero sympathy for anyone who contributes, a fool and his money is easily parted.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 4:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Disgusting how Trump is fleecing his numpties by pretending donations go to his fake election fight

How many numpties do you think are donating over $8k?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idINKBN27R30B
Yes, because we know that all these articles over the last 4 years about Trump are straight from an Eagle Scouts mouth to your ears. Give it a rest. If you are sending money to any political organization, you are being fleeced for the most part anyway.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 4:32 AM Reply   
Would it be election tampering if the prez invites republican election officials from Michigan, Pennsylvania... to the WH for a chat?
Remember when obama did that?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-20-2020, 4:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Yes, because we know that all these articles over the last 4 years about Trump are straight from an Eagle Scouts mouth to your ears. Give it a rest. If you are sending money to any political organization, you are being fleeced for the most part anyway.
As a registered repube my mom gets all the emails. It’s right there in the fine print. No need to read an article. But you wouldn’t believe it if it hit you in the face lol.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 4:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The fact that you think science has anything to do with hypocrites ignoring it is a pretty good indication that you don't understand science.

I understand that if you got cancer or some other deadly disease that you would probably try to get medical treatment from Trump or Rudy, but I'd recommend that you see an actual medical professional.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449
From you article:

face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus

At this time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved any type of surgical mask specifically for protection against the coronavirus, but these masks may provide some protection

Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus when they are widely used by people in public settings. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic have successfully slowed the spread of the virus.

In conclusion. None of the masks outside a N95 have any small droplet protection. The small droplets are the ones that get expelled and more disperse. Sounds like we are getting more from hand washing and not getting in each others face. All the measures are only designed to SLOW the spread. That was the original proclamation in the first place was to slow the spread so hospitals are not overwhelmed. That has been done.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 4:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
As a registered repube my mom gets all the emails. It’s right there in the fine print. No need to read an article. But you wouldn’t believe it if it hit you in the face lol.
I get ALL the emails. Beggars, in for the last grab.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 4:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
As a registered repube my mom gets all the emails. It’s right there in the fine print. No need to read an article. But you wouldn’t believe it if it hit you in the face lol.
Have you looked into what those other funds support or you just going to take the word of the article that only goes skin deep? Makes for an easy hit piece and sounds great to those who want to have confirmation bias, however as I have show more than probably a hundred times, you have to go past the low hanging fruit.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 4:56 AM Reply   
So wheres the evidence?


https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...of-voter-fraud
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Have you looked into what those other funds support or you just going to take the word of the article that only goes skin deep? Makes for an easy hit piece and sounds great to those who want to have confirmation bias, however as I have show more than probably a hundred times, you have to go past the low hanging fruit.
Scrolling down the page would take a donor to the fine print, which shows that donations are split between “Save America,” which gets 60% of the money, and the RNC, which gets the other 40%. None of the money flows to Trump’s official “recount” committee fund until Trump’s Save America share reaches the legal contribution limit of $5,000, according to the disclosures.

That means that, before a dollar goes into the recount fund, Save America would receive $5,000 and the RNC around $3,300. Donations to the recount committee are legally limited to $2,800.

If a Trump donor gave $500, for instance, $300 would go to Trump’s Save America PAC, $200 would to the RNC - and nothing would go to his election defense fund.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 5:00 AM Reply   
Most Bay Area counties impacted by statewide curfew

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...tewide-curfew/

So the new curfew is for the hours of 10pm to 5am.

How much spread is going on between those hours? Call me skeptical, but this sounds more like having the ability to pull people over with no PC other than being out than anything. This is why people don't trust the government.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 5:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Most Bay Area counties impacted by statewide curfew

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...tewide-curfew/

So the new curfew is for the hours of 10pm to 5am.

How much spread is going on between those hours? Call me skeptical, but this sounds more like having the ability to pull people over with no PC other than being out than anything. This is why people don't trust the government.
Seems they know what my dad told me, nothing good happens after midnight.
They know that later into the evening a few drinks, off goes the mask and all social distancing. They are trying to reduce the spread. This is why smart people trust experts.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2020, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
From you article:

face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus

At this time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved any type of surgical mask specifically for protection against the coronavirus, but these masks may provide some protection

Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus when they are widely used by people in public settings. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic have successfully slowed the spread of the virus.

In conclusion. None of the masks outside a N95 have any small droplet protection. The small droplets are the ones that get expelled and more disperse. Sounds like we are getting more from hand washing and not getting in each others face. All the measures are only designed to SLOW the spread. That was the original proclamation in the first place was to slow the spread so hospitals are not overwhelmed. That has been done.
Yes exactly, slowing the spread is just what you need to prevent the medical system from becoming overwhelmed, implement contact tracing and give the scientists time to develop therapeutics and vaccines. Sounds like a good thing?
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-20-2020, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Everyone is wearing a mask in Florida when I go to stores. Masks are required everywhere here. Yes, IMO masks are the answer. If the idiots would accept that, then the lockdown requirement probably wouldn't be necessary.
Everywhere I go in iowa, masks are worn too, yet we're right behind the dakotas for positivity rate...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-20-2020, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
From you article:

face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus

At this time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved any type of surgical mask specifically for protection against the coronavirus, but these masks may provide some protection

Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus when they are widely used by people in public settings. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic have successfully slowed the spread of the virus.

In conclusion. None of the masks outside a N95 have any small droplet protection. The small droplets are the ones that get expelled and more disperse. Sounds like we are getting more from hand washing and not getting in each others face. All the measures are only designed to SLOW the spread. That was the original proclamation in the first place was to slow the spread so hospitals are not overwhelmed. That has been done.
Was there anything in your post that was supposed to dispute my claim that masks are beneficial? I guess you think that the lack of small droplet filtering is a key point. I think that small droplet filtering isn't the point. The point is muting the expulsion. I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that a mask doesn't do that. It redirecting your breath down around your face instead of allowing it to freely project outward.

I agree with the cloth face covering claim as well. IMO anything that reduces the expulsion of aerosols will help. I also agree that most masks and cloth face covering is not filtering the incoming air as a primary protection. The primary protection is attenuating projection of aerosols. So yeah, a mask would not be declared as a protection against covid-19, as in you wear a mask and now you're protected.

WRT hand washing... I personally don't think it's nearly as important as reducing aerosols. That is an opinion and I won't argue with anyone who believes hand washing is important.

Last edited by fly135; 11-20-2020 at 7:39 AM.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-20-2020, 7:52 AM Reply   
The fact that we even have to argue about the efficacy of mask wearing is embarrassing. Jesus, we need to spend more on education.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-20-2020, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
The fact that we even have to argue about the efficacy of mask wearing is embarrassing. Jesus, we need to spend more on education.
Truly depressing.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-20-2020, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
The fact that we even have to argue about the efficacy of mask wearing is embarrassing. Jesus, we need to spend more on education.
depending on the mask. so a bandana cloth mask, is doing very little. maybe helping cut back on spray distance, minimal. Level 3 and n95 help some, but dont stop the virus from going through the mask. the virus is .125 microns aprox. and it go's through the best masks. We double up. with a n95, then a level 3, then a cloth or mask cover. and we still have limited coverage.

Most just dont understand the truth vs the emotional feeling. wearing a mask makes people feel better, at least "safer" but its not stopping the virus, its stopping some spray.

Masks are not stopping spread at any statistical level, but it will slow down distance, to some degree. If you can breath through the mask, you breath the particle through the mask. it may not be traveling in a cough or sneeze. Distancing is prob the best guess to cutting spread. but UV is the best killer, as it shortens virus life dramatically, obviously chemicals etc etc. hand washing is helping if you dont touch anything that has it. like your mask or your face

So we fit our n95, then we toss the level 3 between surgeries and then replace it. Fitting the n95 is key or you might as well not have an n95. They still only help. level 1 masks are like a sock over your face. worthless. and cloth masks and bananas are for looks.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-20-2020, 8:28 AM Reply   
So when you are next to a person wearing a bandana or cloth mask, you are getting emotional support. no protection. Buy level 3 makes and dont touch them. this is like the land of misinformation. lol
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Was there anything in your post that was supposed to dispute my claim that masks are beneficial? I guess you think that the lack of small droplet filtering is a key point. I think that small droplet filtering isn't the point. The point is muting the expulsion. I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that a mask doesn't do that. It redirecting your breath down around your face instead of allowing it to freely project outward.

I agree with the cloth face covering claim as well. IMO anything that reduces the expulsion of aerosols will help. I also agree that most masks and cloth face covering is not filtering the incoming air as a primary protection. The primary protection is attenuating projection of aerosols. So yeah, a mask would not be declared as a protection against covid-19, as in you wear a mask and now you're protected.

WRT hand washing... I personally don't think it's nearly as important as reducing aerosols. That is an opinion and I won't argue with anyone who believes hand washing is important.
The discussion is the "science" of it and the use of the article to try and prove someone does not know what they are talking about. Your article when you are stating the "science" of mask wearing has a bunch of "may help" and "not certified by the established safety organizations" written all over it.

Depends again on the mask. May not go out, but it goes up and over and everywhere else. How often are you sneezing on people? How often is anyone sneezing on people? How often are people yelling at each other in standard none democrat looting and burning activities? I agree that some masks can help with general projectile spital but it is not the defining safety measure. The County over from me did not have mask requirements and they did not have a run on COVID cases like you would think.

According to the study published above, mask wearing seemed to have little effect as compared to general touching of contaminated personnel items around them. Point is, mask wearing seems to give people way too much of a sense of safety. Cases have gone up in the big kalifornia cities and god knows those people believe they have a lot to live for and wear their masks yet there they are with more cases.

Non-hand washing actually is a huge contributor to spreading disease.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
The fact that we even have to argue about the efficacy of mask wearing is embarrassing. Jesus, we need to spend more on education.
Yes.... Yes you do.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-20-2020, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
depending on the mask. so a bandana cloth mask, is doing very little. maybe helping cut back on spray distance, minimal. Level 3 and n95 help some, but dont stop the virus from going through the mask. the virus is .125 microns aprox. and it go's through the best masks. We double up. with a n95, then a level 3, then a cloth or mask cover. and we still have limited coverage.

Most just dont understand the truth vs the emotional feeling. wearing a mask makes people feel better, at least "safer" but its not stopping the virus, its stopping some spray.

Masks are not stopping spread at any statistical level, but it will slow down distance, to some degree. If you can breath through the mask, you breath the particle through the mask. it may not be traveling in a cough or sneeze. Distancing is prob the best guess to cutting spread. but UV is the best killer, as it shortens virus life dramatically, obviously chemicals etc etc. hand washing is helping if you dont touch anything that has it. like your mask or your face

So we fit our n95, then we toss the level 3 between surgeries and then replace it. Fitting the n95 is key or you might as well not have an n95. They still only help. level 1 masks are like a sock over your face. worthless. and cloth masks and bananas are for looks.
We are required to wear N95 for work areas plus strict social distancing. We hand wash then gloves on after hand wash. Gloves on in work areas. No face touching. Constant equipment cleaning.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 8:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The discussion is the "science" of it and the use of the article to try and prove someone does not know what they are talking about. Your article when you are stating the "science" of mask wearing has a bunch of "may help" and "not certified by the established safety organizations" written all over it.

Depends again on the mask. May not go out, but it goes up and over and everywhere else. How often are you sneezing on people? How often is anyone sneezing on people? How often are people yelling at each other in standard none democrat looting and burning activities? I agree that some masks can help with general projectile spital but it is not the defining safety measure. The County over from me did not have mask requirements and they did not have a run on COVID cases like you would think.

According to the study published above, mask wearing seemed to have little effect as compared to general touching of contaminated personnel items around them. Point is, mask wearing seems to give people way too much of a sense of safety. Cases have gone up in the big kalifornia cities and god knows those people believe they have a lot to live for and wear their masks yet there they are with more cases.

Non-hand washing actually is a huge contributor to spreading disease.
https://www.wsmv.com/news/health/van...6b36c0c9f.html
Mask-wearing makes a big difference. So does limiting indoor gatherings. In particular, closing indoor restaurants, bars and gyms has reduced the virus’s spread in many places.

Arizona is an excellent example. Its governor, Doug Ducey, a Republican, resisted taking aggressive action for weeks. But in late June, he closed bars, movie theaters and gyms and banned gatherings of 50 people or more. The rules began to lift in August.

Look at what happened to the virus in Arizona while the restrictions were in place — and what happened afterward:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020...ticleLarge.png
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-20-2020, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
https://www.wsmv.com/news/health/van...6b36c0c9f.html
Mask-wearing makes a big difference. So does limiting indoor gatherings. In particular, closing indoor restaurants, bars and gyms has reduced the virus’s spread in many places.

Arizona is an excellent example. Its governor, Doug Ducey, a Republican, resisted taking aggressive action for weeks. But in late June, he closed bars, movie theaters and gyms and banned gatherings of 50 people or more. The rules began to lift in August.

Look at what happened to the virus in Arizona while the restrictions were in place — and what happened afterward:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020...ticleLarge.png
REAL masks help make a difference, bobs bandana and all theee colorful cloth masks are garbage. worthless. truly, and i wear a mask all day everyday without covid. so its not me saying masks are bad, but bad masks are worse, as they give emotional support to "those" who think it helps, vs staying away from others.

So if you are a bandana wearing or cloth wearing mask person, its moot.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2020, 9:27 AM Reply   
I agree with you doug, a quality mask is best. Anything is better than not.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2020, 10:10 AM Reply   
Don Jnr just tested positive. Turns out cocaine less effective than masks.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-20-2020, 11:33 AM Reply   
Repubes eating their own

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/u...gtype=Homepage
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-20-2020, 1:15 PM Reply   
Violent death threats from Trump supporters being sent to Georgia's republican SOS and his wife.
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/geo...win-in-georgia


"You better not botch this recount. Your life depends on it."

"Your husband deserves to face a firing squad."

"The Raffenspergers should be put on trial for treason and face execution."
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2020, 2:45 PM Reply   
Who didn't read the memo, there wasn't supposed to be any covid after Nov 4th. 200k cases today! Very confused.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-20-2020, 11:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Who didn't read the memo, there wasn't supposed to be any covid after Nov 4th. 200k cases today! Very confused.
You had 200k cases today in NZ? Wow lol its ok your confused, you have been having a political argument, with people who dont live in your country. You have been arguing about something that has nothing to do with you or your family. You should be very confused!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:33 AM Reply   
All of you WW libtards have egg on your faces. You and your MSM ring leaders all mocked and demonized Sweden’s approach. Trump did it a little bit too just to fit in with the crowd and attempt to placate the MSM. Truth is you’re all full of 95sn. The US has more deaths per capita than them now and that gap will continue to spread. You won’t hear this in the MSM. The icing on the cake is we ruined our economy and tens of millions of lives with the disgustingly unconstitutional lockdowns.

https://catalyst.independent.org/202...19-death-rate/
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2020, 4:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
All of you WW libtards have egg on your faces. You and your MSM ring leaders all mocked and demonized Sweden’s approach. Trump did it a little bit too just to fit in with the crowd and attempt to placate the MSM. Truth is you’re all full of 95sn. The US has more deaths per capita than them now and that gap will continue to spread. You won’t hear this in the MSM. The icing on the cake is we ruined our economy and tens of millions of lives with the disgustingly unconstitutional lockdowns.

https://catalyst.independent.org/202...19-death-rate/
Still swinging at windmills?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2020, 4:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
All of you WW libtards have egg on your faces. You and your MSM ring leaders all mocked and demonized Sweden’s approach. Trump did it a little bit too just to fit in with the crowd and attempt to placate the MSM. Truth is you’re all full of 95sn. The US has more deaths per capita than them now and that gap will continue to spread. You won’t hear this in the MSM. The icing on the cake is we ruined our economy and tens of millions of lives with the disgustingly unconstitutional lockdowns.

https://catalyst.independent.org/202...19-death-rate/
Sweden's approach has been interesting and the guy leading their response is a thoughtful and serious scientist but they have changed strategy as the second wave which they thought they would avoid rolls in
https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/13/...onavirus-cases
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2020, 4:35 AM Reply   
More skewing the numbers to create / show a false spike.


https://www.countryherald.com/corona...-database/?amp
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2020, 4:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
All of you WW libtards have egg on your faces. You and your MSM ring leaders all mocked and demonized Sweden’s approach. Trump did it a little bit too just to fit in with the crowd and attempt to placate the MSM. Truth is you’re all full of 95sn. The US has more deaths per capita than them now and that gap will continue to spread. You won’t hear this in the MSM. The icing on the cake is we ruined our economy and tens of millions of lives with the disgustingly unconstitutional lockdowns.

https://catalyst.independent.org/202...19-death-rate/
Good to recognize that Trumps response has been both an economic and health disaster tho.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-21-2020, 4:55 AM Reply   
The gop is now the party of Trump - of lying cheating and whining like a little biatch. Pathetic.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...d6TnkK1Ny6NJe8
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2020, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
All of you WW libtards have egg on your faces.
From the guy who was convinced that Trump would win and tried to rub it in our faces. Yeah, we know who the "tards" are. Did you go to the million crybaby march last week to sooth your soul?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-21-2020, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The gop is now the party of Trump - of lying cheating and whining like a little biatch. Pathetic.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...d6TnkK1Ny6NJe8
Looks like the left has trained the country well. dont give in and if he cannot flip it. BURN IT DOWN. LOOT THE CITY, RIOT RIOT RIOT
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2020, 7:33 AM Reply   
Wow. CNN just got woke !!!!!!!!!! Who just let this out ?


Poor privileged Collin . Growing up in a privileged white family really left him with such an oppressed life.

Another case of bull**** with a giant piece of **** as the offender. Of course Kappernick refuses to be interviewed on the the subject he’s fighting so strongly for. The usual leftist response as seen here with crickets and flat out ignoring the tough questions they can’t blame on Trump.


https://mobile.twitter.com/cnn/statu...507440645?s=21
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
From the guy who was convinced that Trump would win and tried to rub it in our faces. Yeah, we know who the "tards" are. Did you go to the million crybaby march last week to sooth your soul?
He DID win. What does that mean to “sooth” your soul?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2020, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Good to recognize that Trumps response has been both an economic and health disaster tho.
The economic disaster isn’t on Trumps hands , it’s on the Governors of these leftist strongholds that couldn’t formulate a plan to save their states. Their idiotic shutdown policies and lack of foresight to see what their actions would cause in the long term is on them.

Weird how the script flips yet again. For months you blame Trump for not leading a National response, Then you want to claim the fall of the economy is his fault , well geee you just screamed for 6 months he didn’t take action. The fact is the democratic commies ran the city’s and states into the ground by using a virus as a political weapon.


All these lefty’s are counting on a Biden bailout to save their mismanagement. All they scream about is financial packages because their economies are failing. Yet they can’t come up with a single policy to help a their situation. They’ve run the city and state into the ground for decades with handouts and pet spending projects , , while having no means to pay them. They fiscal irresponsibility is off the charts.

Exhibit A


THAT KEEPS ON TAKING”, AN AUTOMATIC ANNUAL PROPERTY TAX INCREASE “FOREVER”.

So, the Finance Committee has passed the mayor’s proposed budget that includes an automatic annual property tax increase, without future City Council approval. The automatic tax increase will be five percent or the rate of inflation, whichever is less. This does not prevent the mayor from going to the city council for an even greater increase. Chicago will almost certainly need that in the future, given that 80 percent of Lightfoot's budget is balanced by borrowing, unspecified “efficiencies,” and yet-to-be negotiated contract savings. And don’t forget the city’s unresolved pension funding issues.

Taxpayers would be wise to recall the impact automatic cost-of-living adjustments (COLA’s) have had on pension systems and on property taxes, if they aren’t already frightened at the thought of the city indexing their property taxes. Memo to the fearful: the mayor has described her property tax proposal as a demonstration of leadership. Far from it. It’s a politically clever proposal to increase property taxes every year for eternity or until hell freezes over. Clever, because it’s a way to get out of having future property tax debates, especially in the proposal’s second year, when it will be election season.

The entire budget process has shown a lack of leadership. Deferring $926 million in debt payments due this year and next to future budgets and refusing to identify the so-called budget efficiencies or the yet-to-be negotiated contract savings that will supposedly save the city $430 million is not leadership. Caving in to the Chicago Teachers Union by giving CPS $187 million in Tax Increment Financing (TIF) surplus revenues that could have been used to help finance city employee pensions is not leadership. Chicago is already the only city in the state that picks up the employee share of its public school district's teacher pensions.

Leadership would be directing the mayorly-controlled school board to use its own share of the TIF surplus (54 percent) to partially fund its own teacher pensions. That would allow the city to reduce its teacher pension contribution by the same amount and put those revenues into other underfunded city pension funds in dire need of them.

The surplus windfall to the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is particularly cowardly considering the union’s uninterrupted recalcitrance to the reopening of school campuses to pre-school children and children with special needs. Those students, in particular, desperately need in person attention. How can more city funding for the schools can be justified when they are in their eighth month without in-school instruction.

Further, CPS has been provided a historic record setting budget, despite seventeen straight years of reduced enrollment including almost 15,000 students lost just this year. And, CPS is likely to see a significant increase in federal support when the next federal COVID-19 stimulus package passes. Both Democrat and Republican proposals call for schools to receive more than five times the amount received in the CARES Act. In spite of all of that, Mayor Lightfoot is awarding $187 million in TIF surplus to the schools That is almost twice the Mayor’s proposed property tax increase!

The proposed 2021 budget, like last year’s budget, is simply an attempt to buy time and political cover while hoping for another massive federal economic package. This places the City Council at a critical juncture. Cave in and pass it, knowing exactly what City Hall is up to. Or, exercise a “profile in courage,” reject it and demand a responsible budget, not dependent on any bailout. Biden is already calling on the Congress to pass the next aid package. When it arrives, treat it as a windfall and carefully strategize its use to improve the city’s long-term financial condition. This of course would require some real courage, not to mention vision and skill, and those, I am afraid, appear to be in short supply.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-21-2020 at 7:42 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2020, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
He DID win. What does that mean to “sooth” your soul?
What did Trump win? The biggest douchebag award? Because it sure wasn't the election. "Soothe" LOL, you must be really excited to catch me with a spelling error.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 7:48 AM Reply   
The WW libtard silence about Sweden is awesome. You F-tards screwed the pooch so bad with rooting for all these democrat shutdowns. You’re all idiots and you just look more stupid as we pass up Sweden in deaths per capita. We had the potential to pull far ahead of the ROTW by not shutting down, but foolishly decided and continue to decide to shut down-which is totally unconstitutional. To top it off, you democrats are by leaps and bounds the biggest hypocrites when it comes to living by your own unconstitutional, BS, illegal, totalitarian orders. Now, all you idiots want to argue about is masks. F you all.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
What did Trump win? The biggest douchebag award? Because it sure wasn't the election. "Soothe" LOL, you must be really excited to catch me with a spelling error.
Re-election, moron.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 7:51 AM Reply   
.
Attached Images
 
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2020, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
re-election, moron.
OMG that's hilarious!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-21-2020, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Re-election, moron.
bahahahaha XD
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 10:20 AM Reply   
Not one of you worthless libtards can answer for the fact that your side totally F’d up our country by insisting it be shut down. The riots wouldn’t have even happened if it weren’t for the shutdowns. You people have nothing but destruction on your tiny brains because you hate our country. I say bring on the next civil war ASAP and get this over with. Republicans will win the second one too.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2020, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
The WW libtard silence about Sweden is awesome. You F-tards screwed the pooch so bad with rooting for all these democrat shutdowns. You’re all idiots and you just look more stupid as we pass up Sweden in deaths per capita. We had the potential to pull far ahead of the ROTW by not shutting down, but foolishly decided and continue to decide to shut down-which is totally unconstitutional. To top it off, you democrats are by leaps and bounds the biggest hypocrites when it comes to living by your own unconstitutional, BS, illegal, totalitarian orders. Now, all you idiots want to argue about is masks. F you all.
What about all the republican Governors who are making mask mandates and shutting down? RINO's?
I would imagine now is a good time to stop making everything political.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2020, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Re-election, moron.
306 Biden
232 Trump
Trump in 2016 with the same electoral spread called it a "landslide" a "shellacking".
Apparently the grifter lost in a electoral college landslide AND he lost the popular vote by over 5 million.
Go ahead and explain how trump won. This should be good. Go.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2020, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I say bring on the next civil war ASAP and get this over with.
Looks unanimous. Everyone that thinks Trump won wants a civil war. When do you pea brains intend to launch your attack against the govt?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Looks unanimous. Everyone that thinks Trump won wants a civil war. When do you pea brains intend to launch your attack against the govt?
Not against the gov. Against YOU.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
What about all the republican Governors who are making mask mandates and shutting down? RINO's?
I would imagine now is a good time to stop making everything political.
They’re either RINOs or afraid to tell the media to piss off. They are chaff.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2020, 12:15 PM Reply   
People who mark disagrees with breakdown
If they have left leaning ideals, they're a libtard
If they are republican and have diff ideals, they're RINO's
If they are trump, he changes his position asap.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-21-2020, 1:27 PM Reply   
Brings a whole new meaning to TDS bahahahaha XD
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2020, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Not against the gov. Against YOU.
Online threats of violence. That’s a whole new level of sickness.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-21-2020, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Online threats of violence. That’s a whole new level of sickness.

Mark and Rod are going off the deep end
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:21 PM Reply   
...and still, not one of you as$holes can refute the success of Sweden after using them and Trump as punching bags for 8 months. I watched each and every one of you look down your noses with contempt and ramble about “the science” when not one of you pricks had a shred of common sense amongst yourselves. Heck, Sweden punished people FOR WEARING MASKS. Your party pushed to kill the economy solely because of your TDS and you succeeded. Congratulations. You and your kind F’d up another country. You are 100% evil and deceitful. You will get yours.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Online threats of violence. That’s a whole new level of sickness.
My 115 pound wife could kick your loser as$. You’ve already got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
People who mark disagrees with breakdown
If they have left leaning ideals, they're a libtard
If they are republican and have diff ideals, they're RINO's
If they are trump, he changes his position asap.
That’s rich. That whole Sweden thing kinda kicked you in the nuts, didn’t it? You’ve been hanging your tinfoil COVID hat on masks and lockdowns from the beginning. In your own words, “that didn’t age so well.”

If you have different ideals than the whole party, you can’t call yourself a repub. From your original appearance here, you’ve pushed every libtard, leftist cause. You’re a repub like I’m a democrat, idiot. Just because you don’t want to pay taxes, you think that gets you in repub the door. Sorry pal. It doesn’t. You’re not even a RINO. You’re just a lying democrat.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-21-2020, 3:39 PM Reply   
Our resident leftist supporters still haven’t answered a single question on how the virus spiked with lockdowns and masks already in place for months. The only response they have is wear a mask. Or it’s Trumps fault



Name:  5EA0E33F-BA55-4549-A8F2-010C9D15ED19.jpeg
Views: 201
Size:  109.8 KB
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Mark and Rod are going off the deep end
You’re just another non-contributing parrot here that should shut its pie hole. You’ve never said an original thing here ever. Not once. Run along, boy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Brings a whole new meaning to TDS bahahahaha XD
Hey, as$hole... why don’t you keep trying to argue for lockdowns etc? Tell me again how Sweden has it all wrong and “isn’t following the science” you POS. Go ahead and post another TDS-laden article from Huffpost or some other libtard rag, telling us we’re all bad for not kissing the libtard ring, giving up our constitutional rights and wearing masks while hiding in our own houses or some other BS like that?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
People who mark disagrees with breakdown
If they have left leaning ideals, they're a libtard
If they are republican and have diff ideals, they're RINO's
If they are trump, he changes his position asap.
You calling yourself a R is no different than you putting a Porsche decal on your VW. You’re just too embarrassed to tell the truth and call yourself what you are: A D.

You can’t have mostly polar opposite ideals than a party and still say you’re part of it-just because you share one or two commonalities.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2020, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey, as$hole... why don’t you keep trying to argue for lockdowns etc? Tell me again how Sweden has it all wrong and “isn’t following the science” you POS. Go ahead and post another TDS-laden article from Huffpost or some other libtard rag, telling us we’re all bad for not kissing the libtard ring, giving up our constitutional rights and wearing masks while hiding in our own houses or some other BS like that?
Sweden is locking down idiot!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2020, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Sweden is locking down idiot!
No, they are not locking down, idiot, but California is. We have a curfew now and can’t leave our houses from 10:00pm to 5:00am. Must be all those seniors out late at night, hoopin it up and then coming home and dying.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2020, 5:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
No, they are not locking down, idiot, but California is. We have a curfew now and can’t leave our houses from 10:00pm to 5:00am. Must be all those seniors out late at night, hoopin it up and then coming home and dying.
Derp: https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...y-hopes-falter
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-21-2020, 11:55 PM Reply   
Again with the pesky facts. What a farce mark and his ilk are buying into lol
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/u...gtype=Homepage
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-22-2020, 12:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
No, they are not locking down, idiot, but California is. We have a curfew now and can’t leave our houses from 10:00pm to 5:00am. Must be all those seniors out late at night, hoopin it up and then coming home and dying.

this sure does sound like a lockdown to me:

“This is the new norm for the whole of society and the whole of Sweden,” Lofven said. “Do not go to the gym, do not go to the library, do not have dinner parties, do not have parties. Just cancel it.”
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-22-2020, 1:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You’re just another non-contributing parrot here that should shut its pie hole. You’ve never said an original thing here ever. Not once. Run along, boy.

I thought about name calling, threatening violence and hoping for civil war but you guys beat me to it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-22-2020, 2:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
My 115 pound wife could kick your loser as$.
Pretty sure you sending your 115 lb wife out to defend your butthurt feelings isn't what anyone would call a civil war.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-22-2020, 2:38 AM Reply   
I wouldn't be using Sweden as a great example of what to do.
Attached Images
 
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-22-2020, 2:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
this sure does sound like a lockdown to me:

“This is the new norm for the whole of society and the whole of Sweden,” Lofven said. “Do not go to the gym, do not go to the library, do not have dinner parties, do not have parties. Just cancel it.”
Then you’re a bigger idiot than Ralph. Come to Kali where our libtard governor will tell you you can’t come out of your house after 10:00pm while he goes out to dinner at one of the most expensive restaurants in the country with 20 of his closest friends from 12 different households.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-22-2020, 2:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
I thought about name calling, threatening violence and hoping for civil war but you guys beat me to it.
Polly want a cracker?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-22-2020, 2:58 AM Reply   
Someone please tell Sweden how well we’re doing with our lockdowns and mandatory masks. Let’s keep letting our governors lead the world by example. At the end of the day, let’s pin every fault or shortcoming on Trump too.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us