Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-17-2014, 7:33 PM Reply   
Anyone have any insight on living in San Luis Obispo and having access to good water? Currently I live in Sacramento and I have the best water I feel like I could ever ask for. So if anyone is familiar with the lakes around SLO/Paso Robles I would like to hear what your take is.

I have a possible job down there and I love being in Sacramento so much during the summer that I'm having a hard time with considering a move!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
If you are riding the river, no there will be nothing close to that. Nacimiento and San Antonio are the only close riding lakes. You might get a good set early morning on the weekends. If you are able to ride during the week your chances will be much better. If you really enjoy riding consistent good water without driving far, I would stay up there.

I live in Santa Barbara and have my boat at a private lake in Arvin, CA. This is the only way to ride good water down here. It is a 2.5 hour drive though, but you are guaranteed good water all day. If you move and want to ride, let me know. I am always looking for people to ride with.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-18-2014, 3:33 PM Reply   
If riding is that important to you, I'd stay where you are. San Antonio is basically dry, and naciemiento is really low also. Barring any "March miracle" like we had in 1995, it's gonna be a crappy summer at those lakes. I sold my boat about 6 years ago, mainly because there wasn't anywhere decent around here to ride. Not worth getting the family up at 5 am for a dawn patrol sesh, and not even guaranteed good water.
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-19-2014, 7:42 AM Reply   
Yeah I figured as much. I am going to stay in Sacramento for at least this summer. As we approach our new season, I realize I should hold off at least till fall and see if I want to make a move. I love it down there, but I can't give up the river here just yet! Especially because I got a new boat back in November haha.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2014, 10:01 PM Reply   
Don't fix what ain't broke Jr! The grass is never greener. Well... Almost never.... Go sew your oats, then come back to the greenest pastures in the country. You'll appreciate them more then.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-19-2014, 11:37 PM Reply   
****e wakeboarding in those parts but great kiteboarding on the ocean........not the same but similar