Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2014, 4:08 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzJYlbhH54

This is the interview FOX (the host of the Superbowl) got to have with the President right before the big game

Around the 3:00 min Mark Bill O'Reilly ask's the President a straight forward question about Bengazi He asks "Did Secretary Pinetta tell you it was a terrorist Attack? He then spends the next 4 min's NOT answering the question. WHY

It's a Yes or NO answer. Either: Yes Secretary Pinetta said it was a terrorist attack or NO Secretary Pinetta didn't say it was a terrorist attack.

Were you satisfied with his answer?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-03-2014, 5:30 PM Reply   
No. It's pretty rare a politician will give a straight answer to anything though.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2014, 5:51 PM Reply   
Let me start by saying, I watch O'Reilly every nite and never get to excited about these annual presidential interview. Obama knows what questions are coming and Bill has been doing this long enough that he already knows that answer to what he asks.

Satisfied with the answer? Not really but did not expect to get a true answer with factual comments in either direction.

I will say that it is very sad what happened with Benghazi and if you feel like an American injustice occured, well then don't vote for Blow Job Billy's wife next election.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2014, 6:15 PM Reply   
Its lame that we have become "satisfied" with Incomplete answers, Like "pretty rare a politician will give a straight answer to anything though" that seems to be the status quot and most people reaction to career politicians. That's Unacceptable in my book weather your left or right wing doesn't matter. The person in the highest office in the land should be held to a higher standard Republican or Democrat. Remember we are the people that deem answers acceptable or unacceptable.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
^^^ Totally agree with that and that interview was a joke. Obama dodged almost every question. So much for the transparency he promised. Lyin POS.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-03-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Its lame that we have become "satisfied" with Incomplete answers, Like "pretty rare a politician will give a straight answer to anything though" that seems to be the status quot and most people reaction to career politicians. That's Unacceptable in my book weather your left or right wing doesn't matter. The person in the highest office in the land should be held to a higher standard Republican or Democrat. Remember we are the people that deem answers acceptable or unacceptable.
agreed, but what can be done about it? it would take a revolution to change things. that aint happening. not with todays society. Ive learned that as long as my family is healthy, happy, has a roof over our heads, nothing else matters. I honestly dont give a rats assssss whose in office anymore. the people I like, will never make it to office, because theyre too truthful. I sleep better at night since Ive stopped worrying about stuff I have ZERO control over. call me complacent, Im happier now.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2014, 10:23 PM Reply   
Train speaks word.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2014, 3:36 AM Reply   
We ought to get rid of everyone in D.C. and start over with honest Independents . Hopefully that would get rid of all the corruption.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-04-2014, 3:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
We ought to get rid of everyone in D.C. and start over with honest Independents . Hopefully that would get rid of all the corruption.
That is just naive and sad at the same time.
You could put the most honest, transparent man or women in any branch of office you like, even local city council and the machine would corrupt them within a single term.
Simply put they would be handcuffed to do anything. First comes a little compromise to get something done, then a bigger one and so on.
Play ball or watch.
When an office is changed you should have to replace 100% of the aides and support staff for that office as well. Incoming newbies with a gleam in their eye are quickly coached into "this is how we do it" by existing staff.
Any office, anywhere from POTUS to dog catcher. We will have to burn it down to change it.

Or maybe thats whet you meant Robert, I dunno.

Last edited by baitkiller; 02-04-2014 at 3:53 AM. Reason: not enough coffee
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2014, 6:37 AM Reply   
A way you can make change is start calling a spade a spade. Write your local media and urge them to ask questions that put politicians on the spot reward urge media to not go easy on them. Gravitate to media or people that drag the truth out of politicians or point them out as question dodgers and lie'rs
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Incompetent in politicians is a reflection of clueless public as to how policy affects our nation. IOW, govt will not get smarter until the people get smarter. And that's going to take a long time and a lot of hardship before people can get a clue.

One example... a web site for purchasing HI is the center of attention while the fact that people who buy HI on their own can pay a 40% higher tax burden on that money than someone who gets it through an employer gets no thought.

Another... A individual gets billed 5X the amount for the same procedure as a HI company.

Another... Poor people are the cause of our $17T debt, yet poor people have no money. Figure that one out.

Another... The Fed creates $80B a month and puts it in the economy, but no one asks where that money goes.

Another... B*tching about the govt continually borrowing more money and spending it in the economy, but not giving a crap about over $500B leaving our economy every year.

Another... Wanting to eliminate the IRS, but never advocating getting rid of tax deductions for HI, mortgage interest, and pension plans. Do people have any idea what kind of chaos in HC and on Wall Street would occur if people weren't forced to put their money there? Not that I would mind, because I'd like to see that. Just that the people crying the loudest for something that they don't understand is humorous.

When Americans are ready to start protecting domestic jobs instead of putting people out of work to buy unnecessary material goods from labor in conditions we wouldn't tolerate, I'm on board. Until then I'll just watch the ignorance continue to proliferate.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
Oh yeah... Obama caused all that.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
And how about the right wingers upset that veterans receiving lifetime pensions starting in their late 30's getting a reduced COLA until they get older. Has it ever occurred to them that "nobody" that is not disabled should be getting a lifetime pension from the govt until they are in their 60's?

And how many people complain that govt employees get defined benefit pensions? No govt employer should be offering these kinds of pensions. They can hardly be found in the public sector anymore for good reason. There is no way to ensure that the money will be there.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
Good stuff, John. Agreed.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-04-2014, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
A way you can make change is start calling a spade a spade. Write your local media and urge them to ask questions that put politicians on the spot reward urge media to not go easy on them. Gravitate to media or people that drag the truth out of politicians or point them out as question dodgers and lie'rs
But grant, that's impossible. If a reporter starts asking questions that might uncover hidden truths, they are going to be fired, because their local media outlet is owned by x giant conglomerate which is a huge backer of x politician. It's the same reason why our country continually allows the floods of illegals across our border. You'll have republicans who claim to want to eliminate this problem, but they're hiring landscapers, house cleaners, without checking for legal residency. Everyone says to "shop local" "support american made products", etc etc. meanwhile, these same people are updating their Facebook status at the apple store while shopping for the new iphone5, before they head off to target, walmart, lowes, home depot, to shop for more stuff for their kids and house. All of the stuff they are buying is made in China, Pakistan, El Salvador, by factory workers who make less in a year, then we make in a week.
How many american factories were shut down in the last 25 years that put american workers out of business? Politicians put too many regulations, taxes, etc onto these companies so that they are forced to outsource. Most of those regulations are proposed by groups which happen to be large contributors to x politicians.

Long rant, a little off topic, my apologies. And you know what, I'm as guilty as everyone else. I cant shop american made products only. I cant always support the small local businesses. You know why? Because my family would be broke. Would I like to buy groceries daily from different farmers markets, and support my local farmers? Sure, but I cant afford to do that. Therefore, most of the fruits and veggies that come into my home, come from Mexico, chile, Argentina, etc. seasonally of course.

I'm sure somewhere, there is a utopia where everyone is happy, everyone is honest, and everyone has plenty of xyz. It's just not here in the good ol us of a.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-04-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
yea, you're correct...it wasn't Obama that caused that, it was FOX news

oh brother

lets just keep electing yay hoos that make things even worse. there's the problem
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 9:21 AM Reply   
Cliff, why is the problem electing yay hoos? They are doing what the people who elect them want them to do. The Tea Party politicians are doing what the Tea Party wants. The liberal politicians are doing what the liberals want. The right wing politicians are doing what the right wingers want. Not really seeing why politicians doing what their constituents want them to do is the problem. IMO the problem lies in what we want.

I'm an apathetic anarchist. I'd like to see the system turned on it ear. But don't really care. What grinds my gears is listening to people say what the govt ought to be doing when they don't even have a clue as to what we are doing.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
And yes Train, I don't recommend anyone draining their bank account trying to save the economy. It is fruitless. If you believe that our politicians ought to do something about exporting jobs to other countries so we can engage in mindless consumption of cheap goods, then you are on the right track. Spreading the wealth should be about protecting our countries economy so people can find full time work with living wages.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-04-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
And how about the right wingers upset that veterans receiving lifetime pensions starting in their late 30's getting a reduced COLA until they get older. Has it ever occurred to them that "nobody" that is not disabled should be getting a lifetime pension from the govt until they are in their 60's?

And how many people complain that govt employees get defined benefit pensions? No govt employer should be offering these kinds of pensions. They can hardly be found in the public sector anymore for good reason. There is no way to ensure that the money will be there.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the feds moved away from defined benefit pensions a long time ago, no? States still offer them, but I don't think you can get a DB pension from the feds anymore (those who started before the system was changed can still get them of course).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
That is just naive and sad at the same time.
You could put the most honest, transparent man or women in any branch of office you like, even local city council and the machine would corrupt them within a single term.
Simply put they would be handcuffed to do anything. First comes a little compromise to get something done, then a bigger one and so on.
Play ball or watch.
When an office is changed you should have to replace 100% of the aides and support staff for that office as well. Incoming newbies with a gleam in their eye are quickly coached into "this is how we do it" by existing staff.
Any office, anywhere from POTUS to dog catcher. We will have to burn it down to change it.

Or maybe thats whet you meant Robert, I dunno.
Yeah that's what i meant. But everyone goes off the deep end when you mention some kind of destruction in Washington D.C. Get rid of everyone sounds better.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-04-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
I mean, it worked out so well for Cambodia during the killing fields and China during the Great Leap Forward, why wouldn't we get rid of anyone who knows anything too?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
I hope you are right Shaggy. And I do understand that you have to provide them to those who were promised and worked for years under that policy. Are you also saying that the military no longer offered defined benefit pensions?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-04-2014, 1:31 PM Reply   
meh, I might be wrong. FERS replaced CSRS, but there is still a defined benefit component to FERS.

AFAIK, yes, military is defined benefit.

I don't have a problem changing the rules, but you can't do it retroactively. Don't ask someone to work their whole career on the promise of a pension and then tell them when they are at or near retirement age, too bad, we're changing the rules on you.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
I totally agree that you have to deliver what you promised. However, the FERS awards based on years of service. So you could change the rules and base the defined benefit for years to that date.

Last edited by fly135; 02-04-2014 at 2:17 PM.