Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (NoCO570)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-03-2016, 8:34 AM Reply   
Do any of you have a bigger sac on one side of the boat for surfing? How do you even it out with the other side for wakeboarding?

I'm thinking of doing an 1100 lb port side sac system for surfing and keeping factory tank on the other side. But I would want it to be weighted evenly for wakeboarding. Boat is a 2006 Sanger V215 if it makes any difference
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-03-2016, 7:40 PM Reply   
Are your ballast pumps on timers? As long as both sacks use identical pumps then you can time how long it takes to fill the smaller sack and use that exact time for partially filling the 1100.
Old     (Zteven)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-04-2016, 3:44 PM Reply   
"Read the wake" to make sure you're weighted evenly.

Check out this thread for wake shape and 'reading the wake'
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804667

Once you know how to read the wake (look for a clean wake with no white wash):

1. Fill hard tank full
2. Fill the bag to where you think its close to the same weight as the hard tank.
3. Read the wake
3a. If the wake is washy on port side:
Add more weight to the bag on the port side or
Drain weight from the hard tank on starboard side until both wakes become clean
3b. If the wake is washy on starboard side:
Drain weight from the bag on the port side until both wakes become clean

Note that speed also affects the wake shape and where it washes out. I'm assuming you have already dialled in your speed (and line lengths) with the hard tanks in the boat.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-04-2016, 4:31 PM Reply   
yep. ran mine like that for a year until I added another 1100. 1100 on 1 side, 750 on the other. just add weight to the washy side.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       04-04-2016, 8:44 PM Reply   
Having a few passengers in the boat to move from side to side works wonders too. It's a lot easier to tell someone to switch sides or even go to the bow than filling/emptying tanks. Once you get the wake right then you'll have a better idea of how to till the tanks/bags.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-06-2016, 8:44 AM Reply   
I keep a couple bags of lead handy too. makes it easy to shift to the side where you need weight
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-08-2016, 7:19 AM Reply   
I just bought the 1100lb kit for my Sanger V215 as well although I bought the kit for both sides since I'll have both regular and goofy surfers. The question I then started thinking about is deciding how much to fill them for wakeboarding. Obviously I cant fill them both without adding a ton of weight to the front, so I need to keep an eye on the wake and see where the wake starts to roll over. I am curious if I flip the ballast fill switch for both sides at the same time, how even they fill up.