Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (flee27)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-24-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
I know this topic in general has had lots of play time. I have read and absorbed a lot of helpful information that has helped tremendously as I am relatively new at this, and I thank everyone for the help. I would like to sum up my current set up and hear get some feedback. Our wave is definitely surfable but like everyone we are always looking to make improvements and learn more.

2014 Mojo with manual surf tab, 1100lb rear lockers, stock 500lb floor, 750lb IBS

Regular wave: surf side full, non surf side 50%-60% full, center and IBS full, manual flow normally at 2, no to little wake plate and speed 11-11.5 normally.

This wave seems to have good push and be pretty long

Goofy wave (I surf goofy):surf side full w/no opposite weight, center and IBS full, manual flow on 2, no to little wake plate and speed 11-11.5.

Very surfable but definitely not as long as the regular wave. Would like some more length on this wave.

Hopefully in the next couple of weekends we are going to use the OE bags a experiment with adding more weight to the front and surf side. Any further recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Foster
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-24-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
i have the same ballast setup as you and last weekend (for the goofy wave) we took the factory rear and put it on the rear seat on the surf side and filled about half full, filled the surf side 1100 all the way, opposite side 1100 about half or a little more, center full, and ibs full. at about 11 and up the wave looked great and had plenty of push. we didnt fill the bag on the seats all the way cause we needed the other bag up front to add some ballast to the front but didnt have it with us. The surf tab was all the way down and the wake plate all the way up. it actually looked better than the regaular wave. next time we go out i am going to bring the other bag to add to the front and i imagine that will really help with the length
Old     (flee27)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-24-2015, 9:59 AM Reply   
Thanks. That is exactly what I have planned. If the set up works well I will plumb a bag under the seat.
Old     (Jedandsara)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-24-2015, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps120 View Post
i have the same ballast setup as you and last weekend (for the goofy wave) we took the factory rear and put it on the rear seat on the surf side and filled about half full, filled the surf side 1100 all the way, opposite side 1100 about half or a little more, center full, and ibs full. at about 11 and up the wave looked great and had plenty of push. we didnt fill the bag on the seats all the way cause we needed the other bag up front to add some ballast to the front but didnt have it with us. The surf tab was all the way down and the wake plate all the way up. it actually looked better than the regaular wave. next time we go out i am going to bring the other bag to add to the front and i imagine that will really help with the length
How many people did you have in the boat?

Was talking to the Moomba sales manager for the Midwest and he said the Mojo with flow surf and auto flow both like the boat to be evenly weighted front to back and side to side. He said a little list to the surf side is good he recommended about 75-80% in the non surfside locker. He said a good judge for even front to back weighting was a level platform. If the platform is leaning back deeper in the water at the back of the platform there is too much weight in the back of the boat.

Would love to hear more when you get the other factory bag up front! If you have any pics or videos please post. I have the same boat and same ballast setup and I just bought a pump for the factory 650s. I usually only have my wife and kids with me in the boat so was wondering how many people you had when you had your best goofy wave going.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-24-2015, 7:14 PM Reply   
We had two people and one rider. On the regular wave evenly weighted works good but I think a little let out of the non surf side does help, but I would have at least 75% or better. As far as evenly weighting the boat front to back yes you need a lot of weight up front to offset 1100s in the rear. You can tell immediately if the bow sack is not full the wave does not have a clean lip and lacks height. I am really interested to see how the other bag in the bow will affect the wave.
Old     (flee27)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-25-2015, 6:11 AM Reply   
it will be next weekend before I am back out. I will take some video and play with the weighting. We normally don't have a lot of people. 2-3 adults(including driver) and 2-4 kids normally. Sometimes it is just me and my 2 kids out also (16 and 12 years old). The few times we have had some other breathing ballast we have been able to get a better wave for sure.

Thanks for the opinions. Hopefully we can help eachother maximize our wakes. Especially goofy

Foster
Old     (Jedandsara)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-30-2015, 8:01 PM Reply   
Either of you guys do any more testing? I have not been out cause my boat has been at the dealership with some electrical issues. Would love to hear if either of you have had more success? Did the factory 650 up front help offset the factory 650 on the surf side seat?
Old     (flee27)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-31-2015, 5:38 AM Reply   
I am hoping to get out this weekend for some test. Has been a very busy couple of weeks and have not had a chance.

I will update once I play with it
Old     (Jedandsara)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-16-2015, 3:50 PM Reply   
Anything new here? My boat is still in the shop.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-17-2015, 7:14 AM Reply   
Sorry I have been out but only wakeboarding. Should be out this weeknd with a group and that is about the only time we surf. But I will try to take some pictures
Old     (Jedandsara)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-02-2015, 8:07 PM Reply   
Got my 2014 Mojo surfing nicely today! I have been having a hard time getting a nice wave with just my family in the boat until tonigh when I added my stock 650 bag under the driver side bench. I surf goofy and here is what my setup was.

Manual Flow setting 2
1100 Surf side full
1100 Non surf side about 75% full
650 under driver side bench as full as I could get it and still put the seat cushion back in place.
750 Sumo in bow full
500 hard center tank full
Speed 10.2
Wife driving and then three small kids under 5years in the back of the boat.
Gas tank almost full
Wake plate 75-90% up
Surfing a Liquid Force Machine

The surfing was awesome push was good length was very nice and height was good. Could even feel push outside of the wave while doing wide bottom turns. This is as much fun as I have had behind this boat including surfing when it's full of people.
Old    BamaMojo            09-08-2015, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flee27 View Post
I know this topic in general has had lots of play time. I have read and absorbed a lot of helpful information that has helped tremendously as I am relatively new at this, and I thank everyone for the help. I would like to sum up my current set up and hear get some feedback. Our wave is definitely surfable but like everyone we are always looking to make improvements and learn more.

2014 Mojo with manual surf tab, 1100lb rear lockers, stock 500lb floor, 750lb IBS

Regular wave: surf side full, non surf side 50%-60% full, center and IBS full, manual flow normally at 2, no to little wake plate and speed 11-11.5 normally.

This wave seems to have good push and be pretty long

Goofy wave (I surf goofy):surf side full w/no opposite weight, center and IBS full, manual flow on 2, no to little wake plate and speed 11-11.5.

Very surfable but definitely not as long as the regular wave. Would like some more length on this wave.

Hopefully in the next couple of weekends we are going to use the OE bags a experiment with adding more weight to the front and surf side. Any further recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Foster

Add 300 or so in storage behind driver seat and add approx the same on surf side in the bow on top of cushions. I would also drop the rear starboard side to approx 900-950
Good luck
Old     (flee27)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-14-2015, 5:27 AM Reply   
Sorry for not posting in a while. Have been really busy and not been able to get out and play for a while. We did go out Saturday for a few hours and added some weight to the surf side on the rear seats using the factory bag. I didn't take any video but with the factory bags about 3/4 full it did make both regular and goofy waves better. I found the best goofy wave to be about 11.4 mph and the wake plate down 1/4 of the way (first mark on the gauge)

We are heading out this weekend hopefully and will have some more time to play and take some video. the wave had better shape and "pushed" better. would still like to find some more length out of it. Not bad but not as long as the regular side either.

Thanks
Foster
Old     (Jedandsara)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-27-2016, 9:57 PM Reply   
Any new tips or findings with Mojos? I'd like to know more about adding weight to the front in addition to a 750 sack. I have never tried an extra bag on the seats. Also curious to see if it's better when surfing goofy in this boat to have less weight on the port side? I've been running 65-90% on the port side.
Old     (smorris7)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-29-2016, 4:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedandsara View Post
Any new tips or findings with Mojos? I'd like to know more about adding weight to the front in addition to a 750 sack. I have never tried an extra bag on the seats. Also curious to see if it's better when surfing goofy in this boat to have less weight on the port side? I've been running 65-90% on the port side.

I used to throw a 400 on the seats up front. I now use lead from Pop Products. Comes in 40lb moveable bags. You can really dial in in. Try No weight on the port side when surfing goofy. Do to mojo prop rotation it does not like opposite side weight when on the goofy side.
Old     (Jedandsara)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-29-2016, 8:30 PM Reply   
Even with manual flow surf you still say go with little to no weight in the port lockers when surfing goofy?
Old     (mojo16)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-25-2016, 11:10 PM Reply   
Adding a 580lb straight line bag to the goofy side of my '14 Mojo was the ticket to getting a really nice clean goofy wave. Still not that high but it was clean and very rideable. I was running 900lbs in the rears (100% surf side - 75% non surf side). Manual flow plate at second notch. 650IBS up front full. Speed 10.2-10.4. Wake plate at 1/2.

I recently upgraded from the manual Flow to the Autoflow 2.0 and still trying to work out the right settings. First runs today were a total letdown. Couldn't even ride without a rope. Hoping to get out in the next few days to try a few other things but so far utterly unimpressed.
Old     (07STI)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-26-2016, 4:55 AM Reply   
Is your first paragraph how you set the boat up prior to adding Autoflow 2.0? Assuming that's the case, what settings were you using with the Autoflow 2.0? Also, what was your ballast setup?
Old     (mojo16)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-30-2016, 5:16 PM Reply   
Hey I am over on the Moomba forum ... we were already talking back and forth there

Yes the first para is the settings with the manual flow. Still waiting on the weather to change here so I can get it back out with the autoflow. Hoping tomorrow.