Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
I haven't seen a girl get more air on a skimboard. And she rides backside which is crazy. http://victoriawake.com/taylor-dorey/
Attached Images

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-28-2016, 2:33 PM Reply   
People keep up with "pro" wakesurfers? Lol
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-29-2016, 1:48 PM Reply   
Ummmm....look at the picture. She boosts.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-29-2016, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hmmm. That's a ton of backside air
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-29-2016, 6:18 PM Reply   
does anyone keep up with either, wakeboarder or surfers? i think most don't care either way. both are weekend activities, hobbies. nothing more, just to enjoy for fun. no matter who is who, does not really matter, it does not change anything, no one cares, no one stops what they do or like to change because someone rides xyz boat or board. The average person buying this stuff is 35 + .... these are children, kids, let them play until its time for them to decide on a job. they are just having fun, thats all it is
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2016, 9:50 PM Reply   
Well said Doug. Also, she's making a little money being sponsored and riding in some money competitions. It's ALL about having fun on the water. Better then sitting on the couch watching NASCAR.....lol. She is also easy on the eyes....very beautiful girl.

Last edited by kenv; 05-02-2016 at 9:58 PM.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       05-04-2016, 11:24 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/wak...olympic-games/

Nice hobby. Like showjumping I guess, need oodles of money from your parents to have a mackin G23 and no responsibilities to speak of to have success. Canadians will likely dominate the sport.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-06-2016, 5:56 AM Reply   
I'm impressed with the unusual restraint used here on WW that it took 4 days for someone to mention the fact that she's rather attractive. Nobody even went for the cheap 'backside' jokes. Bravo, wakeworld.. well done!
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-09-2016, 4:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
does anyone keep up with either, wakeboarder or surfers? i think most don't care either way. both are weekend activities, hobbies. nothing more, just to enjoy for fun. no matter who is who, does not really matter, it does not change anything, no one cares, no one stops what they do or like to change because someone rides xyz boat or board. The average person buying this stuff is 35 + .... these are children, kids, let them play until its time for them to decide on a job. they are just having fun, thats all it is
I guess I am an odd ball then. I do follow what the pros are doing, I am very active in this sport. I don't enjoy watching football or other sports on TV. To me I enjoy being able to be a part of a sport I can actively participate in as well as the pros! That increases the fun of it!
Even before I was involved with, water sports, I was attracted to it just for the simple reason that it is something I am actually doing! When I watch professionals, it gives me ideas and impresses me on how they can do what they do! Challenges me to try new things... Even as a 43 year old!
So I agree it is all about fun, but to the professionals, sponsors are a big deal. And they are not all kids!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-12-2016, 11:54 AM Reply   
I have a great friend who loves playing darts, he is all over the Pro dart league thing. Its his thing and thats cool if he wants to really dig into that world, but I try to explain to him, most dart players do not follow pro dart players. not that its a bad thing, but its just the way it is. he loves darts and if he is having fun, thats all that matters. As for it changing the minds of the "dart world" (i guess there is one) i doubt it. not really going to affect the dart buyers decision or convert them to change what they are probably doing regarding darts.
Old     (twowake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-12-2016, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKASurfing View Post
I guess I am an odd ball then. I do follow what the pros are doing, I am very active in this sport. I don't enjoy watching football or other sports on TV. To me I enjoy being able to be a part of a sport I can actively participate in as well as the pros! That increases the fun of it!
Even before I was involved with, water sports, I was attracted to it just for the simple reason that it is something I am actually doing! When I watch professionals, it gives me ideas and impresses me on how they can do what they do! Challenges me to try new things... Even as a 43 year old!
So I agree it is all about fun, but to the professionals, sponsors are a big deal. And they are not all kids!
Mathew, I totally agree. Me and most of my crew have been riding for 10+ years and we have always followed the Pro riders. If it is all just "just having fun" why are they on wakeworld. Maybe they should go hang out on a golf forum.Oh, and comparing wakeboarding and darts, really WTF!!!! DUDE, YOU REALLY DO NOT GET IT.
Check out the wakeboarding video SEASONS. Maybe it will help you understand how a large part of the wake community feels.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-13-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
To be honest with you daniel, darts is a lot bigger than wake boarding or surfing. and i do understand how the wake community feels, but its about 1% of the boating community and even those who wakeboard and surf regularly do not come to this site nor care about it. I love the hobby and in the hood i live in, with multiple 100k wake boats, with guys boarding 4 days a week, none of them come to any wakeboard forum, none, a lot don't know it existing. Its trivial to most, so I apologize if I upset you. Its not personal, I raced motorcycles (with a pro ama, were, and ccs license) for 10 years, (it was a hobby) made little to no money doing it, because there is none to be made, It was to HAVE FUN! and the sport bike world (motorcycles etc etc) is millions of times larger than this will ever be and guys who love it, don't really follow it or care who rides for who, or are going to run out and dump there DUC or Kawi etc etc and buy something else because Rossi rides Yamaha. Thats just what it is.