Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (chadricko)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-07-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
I can recall several instances when I have seen someone get bashed on for spelling. The time it takes to be insulting and put other fellow riders down or to insult someone's inteligence is not worth it and just not cool. The following is for all the critics out there.....

just because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       12-07-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (chadricko)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-07-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
haha thats a good one!
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-07-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
is a sutipd psot! jsut kdidnig but not rllaey!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-08-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
I'm going to agree with Chad. I think that if you can understand the post, and the poster's meaning, there is no need to rag on them like a lot of people do on here. Seriously guys, who gives a flip. You're not trying to hire them or grade them as to whether or not they pass at internet, so why continuously give them crap? They'll figure out sooner or later what employer's and others want, and they'll fix their mistakes.

You all even go after people for simple typos, which is absolutely incredible.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-08-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
Don't you have to proofread after you type?

You should have proofread(sp) your title.

How do you spell the past tense of proofread?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-08-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
I'm not one to rag on a person for spelling, but personally it's a one way ticket to completely ignore what could be a good topic. A mistake here and there is one thing, but if someone can't take the time to form an easily decipherable sentence then I got no time to contribute.

Seeing a grown man type like a 8 year old is akin to receiving a text message from your grandma in text speak, just awkward and wrong.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-08-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
On a forum like this, getting ticky tacky over one or two spelling or grammar errors is a bit much, but agree with Heavy, too many problems with writing and it does diminish the credibility of the post.

If you are regularly posting with poor writing skills, just be careful that it does not bleed over when it does matter. The 100% beef sign is a great example and another is my work as a graduate program director and I can not believe how poorly written some of the applicant emails I receive are. If you think an email to a director or admissions counselor does not matter, you are wrong.
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       12-08-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
this thread sucks
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-08-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-08-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Thread just got awesome.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-08-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Wish I could click "Like".
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-09-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
I'm not one to rag on a person for spelling, but personally it's a one way ticket to completely ignore what could be a good topic. "A mistake here and there is one thing, but if someone can't take the time to form an easily decipherable sentence then I got no time to contribute.

Seeing a grown man type like a 8 year old is akin to receiving a text message from your grandma in text speak, just awkward and wrong."

+1 to that.
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Nice find Rich. lol Freaking hilarious!
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
I typically do not proofread my WW posts because, quite frankly, I waste too much time on this site as it is. I do not need to waste additional time making sure my posts are grammatically correct.
Old     (bradsharee)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-17-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
Rich...that was too good!
Old    alanp            12-18-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
jon said it best!!! glad i wasnt the only one that caught that
Old     (hms9805)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-18-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Rich, I've been laughing my a** off all day! That's epic!!!!!