Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-10-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
I was pretty surprised with the poor customer service I received from Slingshot this past August. I fell and tore the metal threads right out of the fiberglass on my slingshot recoil. I called both the warranty department and the customer service rep several times leaving messages every time. After 9 days I finally got someone on the phone. I have sent pictures of the damage, but I have not yet received a response from Slingshot. As a result of this delay, I had to withdraw from Canadian Nationals. As well, I missed well over a week of riding. I am somewhat surprised by this whole experience because most of what I had heard about slingshot warranty was very positive.
Old    wakejjboard12            09-10-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
Thats weird. Kyle emailed me immediately and we were on the phone a few minutes later. I have nothing but good things to say about the slingshot warranty dept.

Who did you talk to? Maybe its a different rep in Canada?
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       09-10-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
I am very surprised both times I have had issues they took care of them as fast as they could. Sorry to hear about this what board and binding did this happen with?
Old    dperizzolo            09-10-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, to my understanding, we no longer have a distributor in Canada for Slingshot. I believe everything is being dealt with by Slingshot in the states which may make things a little bit slower. To this day, this is the first non positive thing I have heard about their customer service though. I'm sure someone from Slingshot will get on here quickly though and help to resolve your issue.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-10-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Very weird, I had called them once, Kyle wasn't in office but gave me his cell/personal email and got the whole thing taken care of while on vacation.

I feel Canada may have a different extension... Kyle is the man, he'll jump through hoops to keep people happy.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-10-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
If Kyle doesn't make you happy in this world of wakeboard customer service issues, no one will. He is the man. I've been dealing with him for the past year with shredtown boards and all of that nonsense, and have not once had a problem. You might have just slipped through the cracks on this one, cause like everyone else said, the dude busts his ass to make sure slingshot has the best warranty out there. Now if someone would just give the dude a job in Texas as a rep... hinthint.
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-10-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
I have had problems with my d2's. I talked to Kyle and he took care of the problems right away.
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-10-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Slingshot has the best warranty service out there. If you really wanted to compete then maybe you could have used a back up board oh I dunno maybe the one in your profile 2007 Liquid Force PS3??? or borrow a friends, you can't blame SS for a board you broke...grow up!
Old     (robd)      Join Date: May 2009       09-10-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
Yea Kyle is great! I broke two pairs of drivers so on the second pair he went ahead and sent me d2s! Haven't had any problems since
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
wow, really whiskey, im with him on this, after 9 days of trying to get through to them, then no reply after pictures, i would be pissed to, if i where competing i would want to have a back up board, but i think matthew is in the right here, they should have got back to him.
Old    Slingshot            09-10-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Hey Matthew I am super sorry about that! I do my best to make sure I get people back on the water as fast as possible. I want to get you taken care of ASAP so we can make this right for you. I will be contacting you with an email shortly.

Kyle
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-10-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
slingshots warranty is the best in the industry. kyle has helped me out on numerous problems, its not like you cant ride any other board man, nut up.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-10-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
once again, Kyle comes through in the clutch.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-10-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
^^ that is why slingshot is #1
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-10-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
kyle once saved a dozen kittens from a grease fire
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-10-2009, 10:43 PM Reply   
its true, i saw it with my own eyes!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
Hi Kyle,
I sent you an email yesterday about one of my fins holes being stripped out on my Recoil, but haven't heard back. Had to work late last night so haven't gotten any pictures. I currently have the nut secured with lock tight, so I can use it
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-11-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
I thought Slingshot had the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I sent a pic of my broken laces on the D2's...a few days later I was on the water with a brand new pair.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
My friends had a great exp with their bindings too. The stitching was coming out and they sent them new ones
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-11-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Just had a replacement board sent to me last week from them. They replaced it right away and even upgraded my 2008 to a 2009 recoil. I was ecstatic with the Cust. Service. I gotta say, I'm a SS rider for life with the pleasant experiances with them on and off the water! Again Kyle, thanks for the incredible Cust. Serv!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Kyle you rock. Once again you and your company have lived up to your reputation. Thank you!!!
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-11-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
I thought Slingshot had the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I sent a pic of my broken laces on the D2's...a few days later I was on the water with a brand new pair.

Brand new pair of laces or bindings ?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-11-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I would be willing to bet boots.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
Why would someone get new boots when they're laces broke...? They are a company and they have to make money somehow. Kyle is the man and Slingshot is a solid company. I have had nothing but great experiences with them so, I'd be willing to bet he got a new pair of laces.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-11-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
I assumed the lacing system broke, not just the piece of string... I didn't really think somone would call for a warranty when a shoelace would do just fine
Old    Slingshot            09-11-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Oh I get calls for laces and lace locks from time to time, and thats why I stock laces and lace locks. Thanks for all the love everyone! You buy Slingshot, you get awesome service cause we love our customers!
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-11-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
yeh this is odd because kyle has helped me out numerous times too and it was extremely quick!
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-11-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
I just got my lace locks off of the ups truck. Thanks Kyle!!