Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:10 AM Reply   
I know you're not possibly that stupid, but extrapolate out a completely even death % between R voters and D voters above the age of 60. Which absolute number is larger?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-11-2020, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
So where did the 16,000 people who died this year go? There certainly was way more than the 16,000 who got the virus that killed them. Was the system overwhelmed? I am sure the truth is in between
Well they were likely buried, incinerated, or donated to science.

When you have that many casualties spaced out over months and months in areas that are prepared to handle it systematically it is not as overwhelming. When you have something novel, widespread, and virulent/potent/transmissible (reportedly 10x more than flu, but need more data) it affects the system more.

Luckily our emperor, in his infinite wisdom, has a solution that so far appears to be [checks notes] tax cuts?

Also saw a report of a toddler being diagnosed in TX.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:15 AM Reply   
Everyone with half a brain who's paying the slightest bit of attention knows that infection rates (and even death rates) are currently underreported. Simply not enough testing plus younger folks just riding out what they think is a bad cold. There is a reason for the draconian measures in Italy. That degree of severity won't fly over here, so chances are things will be worse. Again, this is not hysteria and no point in panicking, just speaking clearly about the facts. Older populations will get hit hard by this thing relative to how quickly we let it spread.
Attached Images

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
You're a smart guy Rod - you more than most should be able to understand that if something is far more contagious than the flu (not to mention has a delay before showing its symptoms) how it can easily overwhelm health care facilities when it hits pockets of elderly and compromised folks. Not to mention the difference in how it affects people and what treatment/length of treatment is required.
Not sure it is more contagious. I pretty much do not know a single person every single year that has not had the flu. I get what you are saying but at best it is just as contagious. I don't know how it can be more contagious when everyone every year gets it unless they happen to get the correct shot.

It can overwhelm the healthcare system in spots especially if those who are not that sick run down to the doctor. It is hard to parse that out real time for people. Flu in a old folks home is pretty serious too.

Do we know what the treatment and length of treatment really is? Is it like the flu? No real treatment there. Just manage symptoms if you can.

I had a direct co-woker die from the flu a few years ago. He was one of my battery mates so to speak. There was only 4 of us qualified to do our job in a 24/7 operation when we worked together so we all relied on each other. He was in his late 30's. Small children at home. He went to the doctor after a few days, they sent him to Stanford directly. Still died just the same. There are 16,000 people just like him this year alone. No real treatment. He had immunity issues so there was the path for the flu to take it's nasty course. No one ran around panicking from that when statistically the flu is going to get you first. It was just a horrible unfortunate thing. If you are compromised it sounds like both can get you. If you are going to worry, better worry about both.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:26 AM Reply   
I'm not sure if you don't understand the meaning of contagious or the meaning of more. It spreads more rapidly than typical flu viruses, and shows symptoms later. It also requires a higher degree of care evidently. So rapid spread plus inability to provide the care needed due to overwhelmed facilities equals more people dead. Pretty simple.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Well they were likely buried, incinerated, or donated to science.

When you have that many casualties spaced out over months and months in areas that are prepared to handle it systematically it is not as overwhelming. When you have something novel, widespread, and virulent/potent/transmissible (reportedly 10x more than flu, but need more data) it affects the system more.

Luckily our emperor, in his infinite wisdom, has a solution that so far appears to be [checks notes] tax cuts?

Also saw a report of a toddler being diagnosed in TX.
So it is politics again. You one of these idiots that believes the president and the government can save you?

The government can only take your rights away or throw money at a solution. What else can they do? He has mobilized all the best people. Got insurance companies and medicare to wave any fees to get tested and treated. He is gong to suspend payroll taxes to help the people recover any personal financial loss from missing work. What else do you really think a government can do?

Oh...they can do something. They can delay the funding vote for aid until after the weekend so their party can run anti Republican adds talking about lack of help.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know you're not possibly that stupid, but extrapolate out a completely even death % between R voters and D voters above the age of 60. Which absolute number is larger?
Your claim. You prove it. Democrats like to bunch up in high population areas. They will absolutely overwhelm local hospitals. Republicans, not so much. I don't know the percentage of R's and D's over the age of 60 to be honest. Just saying that Republicans will die more than democrats over this is just......I am at a loss for words.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not sure if you don't understand the meaning of contagious or the meaning of more. It spreads more rapidly than typical flu viruses, and shows symptoms later. It also requires a higher degree of care evidently. So rapid spread plus inability to provide the care needed due to overwhelmed facilities equals more people dead. Pretty simple.
So far, the course of treatment from what we are being advised is if you are infected is to stay home and only call your doctor if the symptoms are bad. There is no pill. No other treatment for the vast majority. If you have had close contact with someone, go home and see if you get sick. There has been zero instruction to rush to a hospital. They actually discourage you from it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:34 AM Reply   
For someone who likes to drone on and on about reading comprehension you really need to pay attention. I never said republicans will die MORE than democrats. I said there are more republicans in the danger age zone than democrats. Unless you haven't look at a single demographics report over the last 10 years you already know this. Your point is well taken regarding urban vs. suburban population spread, but given modern transportation/delivery infrastructure the odds of this significantly affecting spread of this is unlikely to make up the significant point spread in the boomer and silent gens.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone with half a brain who's paying the slightest bit of attention knows that infection rates (and even death rates) are currently underreported. Simply not enough testing plus younger folks just riding out what they think is a bad cold. There is a reason for the draconian measures in Italy. That degree of severity won't fly over here, so chances are things will be worse. Again, this is not hysteria and no point in panicking, just speaking clearly about the facts. Older populations will get hit hard by this thing relative to how quickly we let it spread.
I am sure it is under reported because it is not killing everyone. I had a cold/ flu that lasted for a week (2 weeks ago). My wife too. We got it from the grand kids. I also had a flu shot but it is reported they have the wrong strain this year so who knows. So if it is under reported then the mortality rate is most likely lower. I am not saying this is something you should go expose yourself like the old chick pox parties, but people need to calm down.

Thank God that the mitigated curve just happens to be just below the healthcare capacity. whew....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:39 AM Reply   
The flipside of this of course, depending on where things are at when november rolls around, is that there is the potential for general disruption, depressed turnout for the election, which helps republicans.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am sure it is under reported because it is not killing everyone. I had a cold/ flu that lasted for a week (2 weeks ago). My wife too. We got it from the grand kids. I also had a flu shot but it is reported they have the wrong strain this year so who knows. So if it is under reported then the mortality rate is most likely lower. I am not saying this is something you should go expose yourself like the old chick pox parties, but people need to calm down.

Thank God that the mitigated curve just happens to be just below the healthcare capacity. whew....
Dude it's a demonstrative infographic, not actual data. The point is to try and get the curve below the dotted line. You are being intentionally obtuse. Do you see there are no numbers lol
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2020, 8:40 AM Reply   
https://infogalactic.com/info/List_o...enators_by_age
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
For someone who likes to drone on and on about reading comprehension you really need to pay attention. I never said republicans will die MORE than democrats. I said there are more republicans in the danger age zone than democrats. Unless you haven't look at a single demographics report over the last 10 years you already know this. Your point is well taken regarding urban vs. suburban population spread, but given modern transportation/delivery infrastructure the odds of this significantly affecting spread of this is unlikely to make up the significant point spread in the boomer and silent gens.
Good grief man. You literally typed this:
Quote:
You'd think Rod and the other trumptards would be all for slowing down the infection curve (that is the whole point of the limitations). Otherwise it will be mostly repubes that kick it from covid.
How does on interpret that?

And no, I really don't go around looking a demographic reports unless we are discussion a specific topic on here, so no I don't know how may old R's vs old D's there are. Only old D's I know about are the hanging chad crowd of the old new yorkers in Miami's Broward County.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dude it's a demonstrative infographic, not actual data. The point is to try and get the curve below the dotted line. You are being intentionally obtuse. Do you see there are no numbers lol
Of course I am being obtuse on that. Sarcastic too.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:45 AM Reply   
How should you interpret that? That most of the registered voters who kick it from covid will be Rs not Ds - duh?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
How should you interpret that? That most of the registered voters who kick it from covid will be Rs not Ds - duh?
Well, there you go. That will even out the supposed voter suppression due to gathering large crowds in public.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:50 AM Reply   
It's a draw!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's a draw!
An accord.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 8:55 AM Reply   
yes
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-11-2020, 9:21 AM Reply   
Delta you should be an epidemiologist. Seems like you have a real talent for it, what with your feelings and your anecdotal unscientific polls of people you know.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-11-2020, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Delta you should be an epidemiologist. Seems like you have a real talent for it, what with your feelings and your anecdotal unscientific polls of people you know.
What are you really bringing to the conversation? I tried to be civil.

- recommendations from the experts is to stay at home and do not go to the hospital unless it is dire. That tells me it is not immediately dire and may not become so
- We have 30 deaths country wide. Most of them in one old folks home. I am sorry that this has happened to them or anyone
- we have 16,000 deaths by flu and ZERO government or social changes required. Zero panic.
- I did listen to the person who was living and participating in a high compensation sport in Europe speak about the social norms for hygiene. That discussion feels important as it can impact spread and ultimately mortality rate. It may make the comparisons to the US spread somewhat (not entirely) void.
- We have suspended peoples rights. Cruise ship people are being held. One ship it is reported that none of them were allowed to leave their rooms for 3 days.
- Couple of your side has tried to make it political (one even suggested that Republicans would die from it more, even though ultimately it was about ratio of old people voting habits)
- Some outside of here has hoped for continuing issues as to tank the economy for the elections
- Pelosi did delay the vote for the 8 billion in aid until after the weekend. The label applied to that was to run political adds all weekend against Republicans.

So, where are you in this? Sounds like you are on the political panic side?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2020, 11:07 AM Reply   
Washington State had 1 case in Jan. over 30 in Feb. Now they have over 1000.
37 deaths in US is this hours number.
See a trend?
Trump 10 days ago...."we have 15 cases, they are all getting better, soon we will be down to 2 or 3."
" We have an effective vaccine coming out very, very soon" Truth:Experts say 12-18 months out.
"We just have to wait for it to get warm, they say the heat will stop it." "I have a hunch this is going to go away soon".
Which statement did he get correct?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2020, 12:22 PM Reply   
40 deaths, 1200 cases. Yes it's small potatoes compared to the flu but it's a 3% mortality rate which is 30x higher than the flu. So the danger is not the current number, of course the number is low in the beginning, the danger is if this spreads like the flu then the death toll will be 500,000 people.

Also this is an air borne virus, personal hygiene and washing your hands won't stop the viruses progress, isolation will, that's why they are telling people to stay away home.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2020, 1:39 PM Reply   
Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson Test Positive for Corona. NBA just suspended the season. It's starting to get real.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2020, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, Rudy Gobert, center for Utah Jazz tested positive. The stadium was full, game about to start. They kicked everyone out. Season suspended. Unheard of.
Trump in his speech...all air travel from Europe closed. Travel and commerce if I heard correct.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-11-2020, 2:12 PM Reply   
The markets didn't care for Trump's speech - down 4.75% so far
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2020, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's not Trumps fault, it's just the realization of the scale of the problem.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2020, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Im so glad I moved to cash.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2020, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sick burn.
Why don’t you go get another neck tattoo or work on filling in your sleeve? Maybe something really meaningful like some ancient Chinese script that says something like, “water is hella wet” in Chinese would look about right just under your elbow or if you wanna really impress, under your left nipple. Go for it, dude! You’re a leader here and a winner!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2020, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson Test Positive for Corona. NBA just suspended the season. It's starting to get real.
Heard that. I’m betting their experience/recovery/outcome will move the dial of public opinion considerably.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2020, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Im so glad I moved to cash.
That's great timing, give it a few months and rebuy
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 3:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Heard that. I’m betting their experience/recovery/outcome will move the dial of public opinion considerably.
The only reason they know they have it because in Australia they actually test. Unlike here, Boomer.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 3:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
The only reason they know they have it because in Australia they actually test. Unlike here, Boomer.
No tests here? Yeah right. Derp!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 3:48 AM Reply   
This is how they are testing all over S. Korea, Italy....
Props to their Governer, Dem or Republican.

https://www.koaa.com/news/national/c...free-of-charge
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 4:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
No tests here? Yeah right. Derp!
The response of the Pres has been underwhelming. Take off your blinders. He and apparently you dont quite get it. Its a huge logistics issue and the grifter fired the entire pandemic response including the infrastructure in the WH in 2018. The career people who do all the planning on these issues dont work there anymore. Instead we get the science denier Pence. Derp.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/
https://www.frontpagelive.com/2020/0...nomic-impacts/

Last edited by 95sn; 03-12-2020 at 4:04 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
The response of the Pres has been underwhelming. Take off your blinders. He and apparently you dont quite get it. Its a huge logistics issue and the grifter fired the entire pandemic response including the infrastructure in the WH in 2018. The career people who do all the planning on these issues dont work there anymore. Instead we get the science denier Pence. Derp.

Yes because snopes is so reliable. Can you tell me what this supposed team would do? Science denier Pence? You mean like your buddies that do not believe in X and Y chromosomes.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes because snopes is so reliable. Can you tell me what this supposed team would do? Science denier Pence? You mean like your buddies that do not believe in X and Y chromosomes.
Are you saying he didnt fire them? if not, WTF are you mumbling?
Didnt you say...
Quote:
Hospitals already train for these events. Only thing a government can do is suspend your rights and detain you. If Trump did that, you would hold him up as a monster. They already have scientists at all levels working on a cure/ treatment. 60,000 to 80,000 a year in the US die from the flu and I don't see you blaming that on the government.

Why don't you guys explain how a virus like this is getting out of control in a socialized medicine country? Not only a socialized medicine country, but an authoritarian country no less. I would love to here this one.
It isnt aging well. What happens when 1st responders and nurses and doctors get the virus? There are 1 million hospital beds in the US. Normally 700,000 are in use. Do the math.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gOyQCIF
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...d-cases-2020-3
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2020, 4:55 AM Reply   
Chromosomes do not determine sexuality.(I am assume your are referring to the LGBT community).
"Gender" yes, but even that gets messy when you look at things like klinefelter syndrome.
Nothing is black and white. Everything is a spectrum.

Dont have the time to type all of the things that could/should have been done different. This is going to get really bad and will change everyone regular way of life for hopefully only a little while. I just hope our societal infrastructure can stand this coming stress test. No pro basketball, in person meetings/college, pro soccer, or concerts are just the easy parts.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 4:59 AM Reply   
Yeah yeah, but it's all a hoax. Hannity told Rod so. (But he never watches Hannity, he just magically parrots the same dipchit talking points)
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 5:16 AM Reply   
I noticed a change in their tone last night. Not a big one, still blaming it on democrats but they are shifting. They have no choice.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 5:25 AM Reply   
Correct, from Pence at least. It's been a fun ride with the nutjobs swearing the emperor has clothes, but even the trumptards have to face reality eventually.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-12-2020, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Correct, from Pence at least. It's been a fun ride with the nutjobs swearing the emperor has clothes, but even the trumptards have to face reality eventually.
it isn't only libs buying all the toilet paper.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah yeah, but it's all a hoax. Hannity told Rod so. (But he never watches Hannity, he just magically parrots the same dipchit talking points)
No, I do not watch Hannity. You know that much of this is common sense and or standard questions.

You can panic if you want to. You can hate Trump all you want then come on here and bitch that he is not saving you all you want.

What is charming is how you democrats were calling it chinese corona virus and now you guys are yelling it is racists to call it chinese corona virus. You guys just can not help yourselves. Identity politics in everything. Your masters in china are angry with you and threatened to not ship antibiotics to the US. Oh, apparently China produces 97% or our antibiotics. Offshoring everything sure has put us into a good spot.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 5:36 AM Reply   
Who's panicking?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
This is how they are testing all over S. Korea, Italy....
Props to their Governer, Dem or Republican.

https://www.koaa.com/news/national/c...free-of-charge
S Korea's drive through testing is genius. The opposite of stable genius.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
You fools can keep panicking and living like chicken little. I’m not living like that. In fact, I’m flying into Seattle tomorrow. All kinds of seats open on my plane. Getting low on TP though. This chick got through it okay. https://news.yahoo.com/dont-panic-sa...055155667.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
What is there to face? You Fing democrats are trying to politicize it. Look at you loons on this board alone. Nancy Pelosi even held up the vote on the aid for the whole weekend for politics.

Most people (especially it used to be the democrats) are actually concerned when the government starts talking about issues that they can and will suspend your rights. I know you new social facists democrats are more than willing to sell your rights for a facade of safety, but the rest of America is not. We want to know what the real truth is. Why was this never an issue before. What makes this different now. Who is really impacted. Why is this different than the other virus that kills anywhere from 20,000 to 60,000 people are year with no call to potential suspend peoples rights.

You may not find that important but most people do.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who's panicking?
You
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 5:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Chromosomes do not determine sexuality.(I am assume your are referring to the LGBT community).
"Gender" yes, but even that gets messy when you look at things like klinefelter syndrome.

Dont have the time to type all of the things that could/should have been done different. This is going to get really bad and will change everyone regular way of life for hopefully only a little while. I just hope our societal infrastructure can stand this coming stress test. No pro basketball, in person meetings/college, pro soccer, or concerts are just the easy parts.
You really need to stop posting here before you get run out of town like so many other jesters from the past on this thread.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who's panicking?
If you are not panicking, then why are you bitching?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2020, 5:44 AM Reply   
I do this for sport.

I know I will change zero minds. It is fun to ruffle your feathers though.

I'll leave when I get bored.

Last edited by lesstalkmoreride; 03-12-2020 at 5:46 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 5:50 AM Reply   
Are you morons trying to say there is no middle ground between "panicking" and claiming this is nothing as you are doing? No panic here, enjoying a beautiful day - worked out, keeping an eye on the opportunities in the market, getting a lot of work done - chuckling at you knuckleheads...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:

Why do you lie and say there’s no testing here? What kind of foolishness is that? My brother is a surgeon. He operated on this lady last Monday. Two days later, her husband calls and says she has the flu. He gets a phone call from CDC that says he’s done for two weeks if she comes back positive. Two days later her test came back negative. All good.

If we don’t do testing, how do we know who has it and who doesn’t? How did he know? Did they send the test to China?

Oh and what should Trump be doing that he isn’t?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:

Actually I am referring to democrats. Same thing. Cutting off your junk and calling yourself a girl and running races against girls does not make you a winner not does it make you are girl. Quit promoting this behavior and more importantly quit making it a party platform issue.

I am sure you and a million other people have all sorts of thoughts on what they think can be done better. They are not in the room. They don't have to worry about legal ramifications. They don't have to worry about a group of people who are out to destroy you and what you believe in. They don't have to worry about the money, the people, the time. Think and talk away, it does not make you are me correct. End of the day, centralized power will never be as responsive as anyone would ever want. Too many variables. Quit wanting to centralize power if you want a responsive government.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
I do this for sport.

I know I will change zero minds. It is fun to ruffle your feathers though.

I'll leave when I get bored.
If this is sport, you’re losing badly. You’re like the team that plays against the Harlem Globetrotters.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why do you lie and say there’s no testing here? What kind of foolishness is that? My brother is a surgeon. He operated on this lady last Monday. Two days later, her husband calls and says she has the flu. He gets a phone call from CDC that says he’s done for two weeks if she comes back positive. Two days later her test came back negative. All good.

If we don’t do testing, how do we know who has it and who doesn’t? How did he know? Did they send the test to China?

IMO the art of being president is sometimes about what you shouldn't be doing that you are - especially with Drumpf. Lots of 'pubes have been happy to ignore his narcissistic BS as long as the Obama market momentum continued, but now that there's an actual crisis and all the adults in the room have been fired or run off, **** is getting real - and every time he opens his mouth he makes it harder to ignore. (except for the true trumptards, I admire the consistency of your headuphisassness)
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you morons trying to say there is no middle ground between "panicking" and claiming this is nothing as you are doing? No panic here, enjoying a beautiful day - worked out, keeping an eye on the opportunities in the market, getting a lot of work done - chuckling at you knuckleheads...
You are the ones bitching. You even screwed up and said Republicans were the ones who are going to die from this. You later got around to trying to clarify, even though it is still a stupid point.

I to am not worried. I am letting the government do what they do. I will be skeptical as I am naturally am of power. I am not going around blaming such and such for this and that response like I am in the room. That is you guys. Laugh at yourself.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 5:58 AM Reply   
Where was I bitching? I'm laughing at you guys because chickens are coming home to roost. Hair Furrer thought he had this all figured out and could just golf his way to reelection on Obama's coattails. The next 8 months just got a lot more interesting. And yes, I stand by the read that, given voter age demographics, the R party stands to lose more voters to the virus. It's simple math, don't get all butthurt. I also said that overall depression in turnout favors Rs, so it may offset or even more than offset. Impossible to say at this point.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
What is there to face? You Fing democrats are trying to politicize it. Look at you loons on this board alone. Nancy Pelosi even held up the vote on the aid for the whole weekend for politics.

Most people (especially it used to be the democrats) are actually concerned when the government starts talking about issues that they can and will suspend your rights. I know you new social facists democrats are more than willing to sell your rights for a facade of safety, but the rest of America is not. We want to know what the real truth is. Why was this never an issue before. What makes this different now. Who is really impacted. Why is this different than the other virus that kills anywhere from 20,000 to 60,000 people are year with no call to potential suspend peoples rights.

You may not find that important but most people do.
You forgot to reply. Did trump fire the entire staff of experts who handle this type of threat or not? Is firing the experts a practice rational leaders make? or was it because it was an Obama dept?
Who else will he blame? So far its Democrats, the Chinese, Obama, Europe...yet he is sitting in the oval office with all the reins. Pathetic.

Quote:
We want to know what the real truth is.
We all do, the problem is the *presidents history shows he has an issue with the truth, he rarely uses it. Hes botched the response and is soft peddling the virus. He is worried more about the stock market for political reasons than the best response for the people.

You are forwarding bad info (again), Dems submitted bill...McConnell blocked it.
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/coro...-sht-together/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
IMO the art of being president is sometimes about what you shouldn't be doing that you are - especially with Drumpf. Lots of 'pubes have been happy to ignore his narcissistic BS as long as the Obama market momentum continued, but now that there's an actual crisis and all the adults in the room have been fired or run off, **** is getting real - and every time he opens his mouth he makes it harder to ignore. (except for the true trumptards, I admire the consistency of your headuphisassness)
Obama market momentum? Really. Obama blamed Bush for almost his whole presidency.

This is all politics and that is why you democrats can never be trusted again with this country. It is all about hoping the market fails to defeat Trump. Your talking heads have actually said those words over the last year or so. Now you know why people are skeptical.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:

I never said there is no testing. I said there is a serious LACK of testing in the US. Your sample of one is lacking. Educate yourself Derp.
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...id-19-testing/
At least we lead Vietnam and Turkey.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
You forgot to reply. Did trump fire the entire staff of experts who handle this type of threat or not? Is firing the experts a practice rational leaders make? or was it because it was an Obama dept?
Who else will he blame? So far its Democrats, the Chinese, Obama, Europe...yet he is sitting in the oval office with all the reins. Pathetic.

We all do, the problem is the *presidents history shows he has an issue with the truth, he rarely uses it. Hes botched the response and is soft peddling the virus. He is worried more about the stock market for political reasons than the best response for the people.

You are forwarding bad info (again), Dems submitted bill...McConnell blocked it.
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/coro...-sht-together/
You tell us. You seem to believe you are in the room and know who was doing what. You also seem to believe that presidents keep high level people on from other peoples staffs. Trump blocks travel from Europe and the democrat talking heads are exploding. People have been telling us for years that having an uncontrolled border with millions crossing could cause a pandemic but you guys don't care. Don't start complaining now, when Trump was already trying to fix the bigger issues. We have the CDC. You saying they were all fired? The CDC is responsible for monitoring and giving recommendations. They are doing their jobs. Trump is getting industry leaders and healthcare policy makers together and got them to unite to help the working people the best they can. Complain all you want. This is the most you could ever expect from a central power of a large land mass country with 300 million people.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
I never said there is no testing. I said there is a serious LACK of testing in the US. Your sample of one is lacking. Educate yourself Derp.
We have 300 million people and a much larger country.

Who do we test? Everyone. All 300 million? Everyone line up? Why get tested if you have no symptoms? Only reason to test everyone is over panic.

Let me know if Tom Hanks dies. Then I will truly panic.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 6:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Where was I bitching? I'm laughing at you guys because chickens are coming home to roost. Hair Furrer thought he had this all figured out and could just golf his way to reelection on Obama's coattails. The next 8 months just got a lot more interesting. And yes, I stand by the read that, given voter age demographics, the R party stands to lose more voters to the virus. It's simple math, don't get all butthurt. I also said that overall depression in turnout favors Rs, so it may offset or even more than offset. Impossible to say at this point.
What Chickens? So you democrats got your market tank you have been looking for. You are on record of actually hoping for it so those will be good sound bites to play. Market tanks for a month or 2. China is already over the hump on this. We will be over the hump in a month. It is going to be all gains from then on heading into the fall.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 6:30 AM Reply   
We'll see. We are not doing what China did, it would never fly here.

I don't think democrats are looking for market to tank. Depends on the age I imagine (and allocation). I'm lucky as I was gearing up to finally get in around November but held off as I felt a correction was overdue (before the virus blew up).
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
We have 300 million people and a much larger country.

Who do we test? Everyone. All 300 million? Everyone line up? Why get tested if you have no symptoms? Only reason to test everyone is over panic.

Let me know if Tom Hanks dies. Then I will truly panic.
Take another look at the chart. We have MORE people and LESS testing. South Korea and every other country is testing more than us. They have been doing "drive-by" testing for weeks. If you dont test, you dont know who or where to quarantine. We are following the numbers in Italy to the tee. Except they have tested 60,000 and we have tested 8000. Are you stoned? can you do math? How old are you? hows your health?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Only reason to test everyone is over panic.
Show me 1 expert that agrees with you.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2020, 7:01 AM Reply   
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...e-u-s-does-not

So how has the United States' response been?

"Our response is much, much worse than almost any other country that's been affected," Jha says.

He uses the words "stunning," "fiasco" and "mind-blowing" to describe how bad it is.

"And I don't understand it," he says incredulously. "I still don't understand why we don't have extensive testing. Vietnam! Vietnam has tested more people than America has." (He's citing data from earlier this week. The U.S. has since started testing more widely, although exact figures still aren't available at a national level.)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Obama market momentum? Really. Obama blamed Bush for almost his whole presidency.

This is all politics and that is why you democrats can never be trusted again with this country. It is all about hoping the market fails to defeat Trump. Your talking heads have actually said those words over the last year or so. Now you know why people are skeptical.
I'll have to hand it to Delta. He has the unique ability to consistently rationalize the opposite of reality without breaking a sweat.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 7:05 AM Reply   
Lol right? It's total and complete projection 24/7 - including claiming the opposition is projecting HAHA. Like method actor level ****.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s a friggin flu. Who cares? What about the regular flu that kills far more? Why don’t you run and hide every year from that?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 7:20 AM Reply   
This whole thing is Russia Hoax 4.0
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s a friggin flu. Who cares? What about the regular flu that kills far more? Why don’t you run and hide every year from that?
Showing your ignorance once again.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2020, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:

You poor poor thing. Mercy be upon thy.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 7:23 AM Reply   
Some more great quotes to look back on lol.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-12-2020, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think this is what you mean, but I wouldn't doubt that some of the memes and faux journalism that my FB friends are sharing have a nefarious source. At this point it's in Putin's interest to push ANY story that sews paranoia, dissent, argument.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 7:35 AM Reply   
You libtard snowflakes can keep melting away. Run for your lives!!!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quit making this a political issue, and then.

Quote:
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Take another look at the chart. We have MORE people and LESS testing. South Korea and every other country is testing more than us. They have been doing "drive-by" testing for weeks. If you dont test, you dont know who or where to quarantine. We are following the numbers in Italy to the tee. Except they have tested 60,000 and we have tested 8000. Are you stoned? can you do math? How old are you? hows your health?
Apparently you must feel like you have a lot to live for. You are the living panic button. My health is just fine. I don't do drugs. You apparently do.

I am sure that every little town in Korea is offering drive through testing. A few places in Korea offer a version of drive through testing and suddenly it is the whole country. Then you say 60,000 people have been tested there. So which is it, they have this big drive by testing that has tested 60,000 in WEEKS or they are not very effective either. Smaller country, less people and they hav been at it for weeks. They are just so far ahead.. I have a bridge to sell you on this one. Do you even know if their test is accurate? Are the testing active virus or antibodies?

Sounds like you are really panicing. Run down and get tested. Oh, thats right. The response if if you are feeling symptoms is to stay home and call your doctor if you are feeling worse. Running down to the doctor only exposes everyone else unneccessarily when 80% of the cases are mild.