Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cbelteau)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-10-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a recommendation for an aluminum trailer for an Axis A22? I know Axis sells a galvanized trailer for salt water but I have read and been told that aluminum will last much longer in salt water. Thanks for the advice.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-10-2011, 10:29 PM Reply   
I had the galvatube from extreme, never had an issue. Ran it in salt a lot. Don't know much about aluminum, sorry
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       12-11-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
Chad, Axis offers a galvanised trailer option right from the factory. Is this not suitable for you?

An aluminium trailer, in my experience doesn't really offer any benefit over a quality galvanised unit.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-11-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
Tropic Trailers can handle it, among others and yeah, If you are buying new an aluminum trailer is waayyyy better than galvanized. You also want torsion axles, no leaf springs and look for Kodiak brakes. High Tide brakes are a waste of money and time when subjected to continued sea water use. Stainless hardware and stainless or monel staples on the bunk felt along with tinned marine grade wiring are other stipulations worthy of consideration.
Old     (cbelteau)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-12-2011, 11:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. My friend has a pacific trailer that is 2 years old. The trailer is in salt every weekend. The aluminum parts of the trailer look great but the glavanized parts aren't looking so great. Lots of corrosion on the non aluminum parts. I agree with you baitkiller. I think aluminum is the way to go. Any ideas on guys who make aluminum trailers in CA? Thanks.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-13-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
We've ordered a couple of aluminum Trailers from Phoenix, we get ours from MI so transport to CA could be costly. http://www.phoenixtrail.com/gallery.html#