Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-14-2014, 2:24 PM Reply   
I couldn't decide based on internet reviews which mirror I'll like better. So I bought both and will pick the one I like best.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks Amazon.com

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Let us know was thinking of ordering the vision 180 would love to know how it compares to the PTM edge mirrors. PTM seems to be more of the Mastercraft of mirrors they LOOOOOK swanky and built well but the CIPA looks like the Axis version.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-14-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Let us know was thinking of ordering the vision 180 would love to know how it compares to the PTM edge mirrors. PTM seems to be more of the Mastercraft of mirrors they LOOOOOK swanky and built well but the CIPA looks like the Axis version.
The PTM was WAYYYY too rich for my blood. it wasn't even in the running. I could do a lot more with my money than a PTM.

That said, each of the CIPA's I bought were just over $60 at Amazon. And I scored a deal over the winter on a two piece tower arm with the swivel ball mount bracket, so I'm good to go there.

I've heard that some like the 180 more but things are smaller in that one. I really needed to try them both first hand to be sure.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-14-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
I'm willing to bet you'll like the 180 better
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-14-2014, 2:50 PM Reply   
I think you will like the 180 too.. I never liked the extreme, the split mirror was very distracting IMO..

I know they are expensive but I absolutely LOVE my PTM.. It is so crisp and clear..
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-14-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
Are both the same ball mount? I've got the extreme and don't like the break in vision but don't want to have to buy a new mount and mirror. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on both.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-14-2014, 3:18 PM Reply   
I've had both. vision is a direct replacement for an extreme (same ball mount).

Vision is here to stay on my boat, though the increased field of view does come at the price of things being smaller in the mirror.

Anybody who wants an extreme, hook me up for a good deal!
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-14-2014, 5:52 PM Reply   
I got the vision this winter and love it! Everyone in my crew has ordered one since.
Old     (DaveC)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-14-2014, 6:45 PM Reply   
How much is the mount?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-14-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
I tried both of them and had them literally one on top of the other while out on the water. (I shoulda taken a pic of how it would look when looking out of both of them.)

You guys were right, I liked the 180 Vision. That's the one I'll keep.

It definitely has more panoramic landscape to it. The extreme is cool and very clear, but I liked the extra field of view. Plus not having to fiddle with the sides is better.

The look of the Vision is VERY similar to watching a go-pro video.

I only snapped a couple shots. This one was while driving back at about 30 mph.

Here is one that my buddy snapped of me while I was surfing:
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-14-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
How much is the mount?
I can't remember how much mine was. I got it on an Ebay auction...

The one I got included the ball mount adapter:
http://www.diywake.com/store/mirror-swivel-adapter

The arm I got looks like this:

The clamp that I got looks like it's one that would work for a 2" tower. My tower is 1 5/8" tubing. So I might throw down and get another arm. Anyone wanna buy my articulating tower arm? I'll do it for $100 shipped. It's virtually brand new and that's a little cheaper than you can get them online. It won't come with the ball mount adapter, as I need that.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-14-2014, 10:38 PM Reply   
Oh, I guess it might be worth noting that the CIPA extreme does come with a ball mount bracket to go on top of the windshield. It's still a great mirror. With Amazon selling them both for just over $60 though, I'll stick with the Vision 180.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-15-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
http://www.iboats.com/CIPA-Extreme-M...view_id.701626

Wondering if this will work on my tower arm with the CIPA 180.
Old     (DaveC)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-15-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
So the monster tower and DIYWake Ball mount adapters are both $40 for a mirror arm. The Vision 180 is about $65. $105 vs. $199 on the PTM Edge. Is PTM worth it? I have driven a couple of boats with the PTM Edge. They are awesome! I wonder what the Vision 180 is up against the PTM.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-15-2014, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
http://www.iboats.com/CIPA-Extreme-M...view_id.701626

Wondering if this will work on my tower arm with the CIPA 180.
Yeah, it'll work just fine.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-15-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
Would love to hear how the Vision 180 compares to the PTM Edge 140 Pro for anybody who has used both.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-15-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
So the monster tower and DIYWake Ball mount adapters are both $40 for a mirror arm. The Vision 180 is about $65. $105 vs. $199 on the PTM Edge. Is PTM worth it? I have driven a couple of boats with the PTM Edge. They are awesome! I wonder what the Vision 180 is up against the PTM.
You will need the ball mount for the ptm as well. The ptm ball mount is $90, but the monster and cipa ones will also work.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-15-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
Would love to hear how the Vision 180 compares to the PTM Edge 140 Pro for anybody who has used both.
I bet they'll tell you the difference is "40". (sorry, couldn't resist. 180 - 140 = 40)
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-15-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
i have the extreme but would rather have the 180. I bought it last year before i realized the 180 existed. If anyone actually prefers the extreme maybe we could work out a trade
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-15-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
i have the extreme but would rather have the 180. I bought it last year before i realized the 180 existed. If anyone actually prefers the extreme maybe we could work out a trade
I think your best bet might be to sell the extreme. Since it comes with a windshield mount, it broadens your market to people that have tournament boats without a tower and need a windshield mount...

The Vision is a sweet deal at Amazon for $63.54 with free shipping. I'm sure you could flip your Extreme and come close to a net zero cost...

http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-01600-Vis.../dp/B00C9V1RJG