Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-23-2020, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I didnt vote for Clinton either, and i couldnt pull the lever for trump. Im with you, drain the whole darn thing. No more lobbyists, no more retiring from congress and moving into lobbying or working for the corps lobbying. As far as Pelosi and Maxine...Pelosi prob will retire in 2022, no reelection campaign for her now. Maxine is up for reelection and just may win again. I dont have the same strong dislike, but...term limits.
About the only thing we agree 100% on

Term limits are a must. Becoming a billionaire in Washington shouldn’t be the norm.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-23-2020, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I wish that the media would realize this and start talking about how half of our country is tired of career politicians. The good ole' boys club.
The problem is that with our primary system and relatively gerrymandered voting districts that it doesn't matter what half the country wants, it matters what 50%+1 of the dominant party base in a particular district want. We frequently have an opportunity to vote the bums out, but we don't take it. People tend to like THEIR bum.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2020, 8:39 AM Reply   
Dang... the hits keep comin from Trump. Sudan just signed up to normalize relations with Israel. Many more camel jockey nations to sign up soon as well. I remember libtards claiming Trump would be starting wars all over-especially with Little Rocket Man and that never happened. We didn’t have to give an inch and we haven’t heard squat from NK in a long time. How long has it been since there was this much peace in the world? Especially with countries that hate Israel? All you libtards who’ve been bashing Kushner since day one can suck it too. He’s been the stable genius makin it happen behind the scenes. How many thousands of lives have been saved by Trump’s peace plans?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-23-2020, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The tax returns are not about how little Trump paid. It's about what a ****ty businessman he is lol - and the fact that he's hundreds of millions in debt to unknown sources. But a blow job is what REALLY makes a president a blackmail threat right Rod? XD
No, Lying to a jury when a woman is suing you for harrasment does. You know. The ACTUAL reason your boy was being looked at. Not the BJ that you guys continue to lie about. Of course we know how you democrats really feel about and treat women.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-23-2020, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I ask you this, is it equitable that a billionaire pays $750 a year in tax when the average joe on 50k a year pays much more. If your answer is no, is it good governance to have first hand knowledge of this inequity and do nothing to change it when you are the most powerful person on the planet. Or even worse change the tax code to make it easier for more high income earners to have similar loop holes.
You are a fool to think that someone only paid $750 in taxes.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-23-2020, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Keep telling yourself you're not racist, Grand Wizard David Duke says "Trump voters are his voters", Trump does Not even hide the fact that he is backed by white racist.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...are-his-voters
People are going to vote for someone. Not like he can turn votes away. You vote for democrats. Can they turn down the idiot commie votes? Only difference is, you are the core voter for them.

Also, I love the "you are a racist" card. I would beat you down in a second if you have the balls to say that to my face.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-23-2020, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Wow the jealousy is real snowflake. So much misinformation and blatant lies in one post it’s scary. . I pay for my healthcare , I pay for my pension , and I made an educated decision on my employment due to the benefits offered. I am also ineligible for social security tho I still pay in. I for sure do not get 100 of my salary upon retirement. The left is also trying to strip those benefits daily. Those democratic leaders you so adore in charge of funding their portion of pensions haven’t paid their portion in over 13yrs causing the pension deficit. Not us. It’s a completely sustainable growth system when the funds are there. Only your fine democratic politicians keep stealing from the funds and pissing money away on useless programs and terrible investments made by connected individuals with access to the funds. We don’t control our funds. The city does. So they piss them away daily.

Your argument of the NFL REQUIRING THEM to interview a black coach and a white coach is even more proof of the racism actually imbedded in the left. Forcing demographics on people is racism. Forcing people to be considered for jobs based on color is racism. Even worse is you’re promoting that. What happened to the best man or woman for the job. Hell mine as well make them interview a tranny , gay , lesbian and a woman too , How are they any less qualified than a black or white? Do you read your posts after you write them to see the idiocy of your arguments.


Yet again your Covid crazy self chooses to ignore the numbers put in front of you to dispute above . You’re all about Covid tik the responses completely disprove your fallacies. I have yet to see you once explain. Or try and make an argument for your cause when the numbers are presented directly to you. If you can’t respond with wear a mask and blame trump you click the ignore button. It’s so blatant it’s speaks a thousand more words than anything you could type.

More of the real results of your diverse tyrants following science.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...osy-story.html
For most public employees its highest 3 years or 36 months. Which other company, industry pays like that? Almost no companies offer pensions anymore, why? because it in not a sustainable system. Do the math. How can a company hire someone, pay them for 20-25 years and then continue to pay them AND hire another to do their work? I could never afford that. Plus DROP Program. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/edit...206-story.html
https://www.ncsl.org/research/fiscal...ty-tables.aspx
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2020, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
For most public employees its highest 3 years or 36 months. Which other company, industry pays like that? Almost no companies offer pensions anymore, why? because it in not a sustainable system. Do the math. How can a company hire someone, pay them for 20-25 years and then continue to pay them AND hire another to do their work? I could never afford that. Plus DROP Program. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/edit...206-story.html
https://www.ncsl.org/research/fiscal...ty-tables.aspx
A better question is, “how many companies/industries offer the type of health risk compared to compensation?” Not to mention the price you pay if you make a mistake on the job.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2020, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
People are going to vote for someone. Not like he can turn votes away. You vote for democrats. Can they turn down the idiot commie votes? Only difference is, you are the core voter for them.

Also, I love the "you are a racist" card. I would beat you down in a second if you have the balls to say that to my face.
I would buy tickets to that show.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2020, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Also, I love the "you are a racist" card. I would beat you down in a second if you have the balls to say that to my face.
And if he had a gun he could justifiably shoot you dead in the eyes of the law. If he didn't you could be arrested for criminal assault and be sued in civil court. Not very smart.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2020, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
And if he had a gun he could justifiably shoot you dead in the eyes of the law. If he didn't you could be arrested for criminal assault and be sued in civil court. Not very smart.
Joe is so stupid, he’d miss at point blank range. Not kidding. He and 95 keep vying for the ridiculously stupid poster title. They’re neck and neck.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2020, 3:09 PM Reply   
Wes is a close third. John... well... you’re kinda inert. Milquetoast. Fading into the sunset like Hiden. Shawndoggy? Hmm. He’s the misguided optimist. He has a brain that just needs to be properly tuned. Ralph is our red-headed step child. Someone needs to give him his daily beating, right? Pretty sure it’s Shawn's week to hand that out.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-23-2020, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
For most public employees its highest 3 years or 36 months. Which other company, industry pays like that? Almost no companies offer pensions anymore, why? because it in not a sustainable system. Do the math. How can a company hire someone, pay them for 20-25 years and then continue to pay them AND hire another to do their work? I could never afford that. Plus DROP Program. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/edit...206-story.html
https://www.ncsl.org/research/fiscal...ty-tables.aspx
Again you don’t get 100% of your salary. It varies from 75-60 percent depending the type of pension. Most pensions in the last 4 years Have also been re tiered for new hires giving them less benefits and forcing them to stay longer. Let me know the job risks and physical demand other fields have compared to what law enforcement and other first responders have . The pension is what compensates that risk from other fields.

It’s called investments. That’s how they’re able to pay them longevity. It takes money to make money. The average yield on the stock market has been 8-9% long term. The average pension payment of an officer post full time on the job ( max pension) is 5yrs. Yes five years. Sure that’s a stat you already knew. The drop program is a great incentive. I love how your article tries to exploit the fact officers are using their earned sick days and comp time in order to have surgeries done due to the work environment as something being abused And turn them win to evil thieves . While I don’t disagree there are those that game the system , it’s again a minuscule percent , and the fact that article is attempting to slander people that have suffered injuries after long careers of sacrifice is sickening. Let’s not also forget the program was implemented in lieu of proper raises. It’s a unique program. Not the standard.


Still awaiting your explanation on how those Covid stats warrant another complete shutdown ! The shut down is right on cue in which every right leaning person said was gonna happen. Right before the election the left would use scare tactics to keep people from the polls. Just wait. They’re gonna attempt to close the polling places to vote .
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-23-2020, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Keep telling yourself you're not racist, Grand Wizard David Duke says "Trump voters are his voters", Trump does Not even hide the fact that he is backed by white racist.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...are-his-voters
And Biden along with a lot of the prominent left are backed by domestic terrorists and Militant leftist groups. Your point is ?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2020, 4:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You are a fool to think that someone only paid $750 in taxes.
Your a fool for thinking the wealthy pay their fair share
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2020, 6:19 PM Reply   
Ah yes. A weekend at Biden’s. An instant classic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Qu6PH9E5jiA
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-24-2020, 3:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Ah yes. A weekend at Biden’s. An instant classic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Qu6PH9E5jiA
This is the kind of stuff that I hope maganation keeps pumping out. Nothing there to encourage voter turnout on the right (I mean how can you possibly lose to a corpse, right?).
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-24-2020, 5:04 AM Reply   
I’m probably as surprised as MarkJ that Biden won the second debate too.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...n-trump-432052
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2020, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I’m probably as surprised as MarkJ that Biden won the second debate too.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...n-trump-432052
Sorry. I strongly disagree. I watched it myself. Republicans mostly ignore polls anyway. In the last year, I’ve been polled 6 times (at least they attempted to poll me) and hung up or walked away.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2020, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Your a fool for thinking the wealthy pay their fair share
Grammar Police..... Do you know why I pulled you over? You can’t use poor grammar when calling someone else a fool. It only makes you look dumb. We’ve been through this a thousand times already. Straighten up, mister.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-25-2020, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Grammar Police..... Do you know why I pulled you over? You can’t use poor grammar when calling someone else a fool. It only makes you look dumb. We’ve been through this a thousand times already. Straighten up, mister.
Grint has left the chat
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-25-2020, 3:55 PM Reply   
Dang any of you guys catch Mark Meadows on CNN this morning? “we’re not going to control the pandemic.” Coronavirus is like trump’s Vietnam.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-26-2020, 12:32 AM Reply   
https://rumble.com/vat12x-trump-sava...5mKYGlrk6MRIB4

Some non-biased news reporting at it's finest...

But the case numbers keep going up? I don't understand...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-26-2020, 2:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Dang any of you guys catch Mark Meadows on CNN this morning? “we’re not going to control the pandemic.” Coronavirus is like trump’s Vietnam.
Didn't he say STDs were his own personal Vietnam? Tad ironic.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2020, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
https://rumble.com/vat12x-trump-sava...5mKYGlrk6MRIB4

Some non-biased news reporting at it's finest...

But the case numbers keep going up? I don't understand...
he said that we as a country are "rounding the corner" on Covid. What corner are we rounding? Highest 7 day average, ever. More hospitalizations. There is more covid in the WH Covid response team than Ralphs entire country. They have given up. Gonna get killed in the election for being a quitter. We dont like quitters. Enough of the if we didnt test we wouldnt have high numbers BS. Would be funny to have a truth shocker. Every time you lie you get a shock, watch trump jump and jerk every 60 seconds, every hour, every day.
I completed my Ballot, gonna go drop it off later today along with all the extra mail ins we get.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
he said that we as a country are "rounding the corner" on Covid. What corner are we rounding? Highest 7 day average, ever. More hospitalizations. There is more covid in the WH Covid response team than Ralphs entire country. They have given up. Gonna get killed in the election for being a quitter. We dont like quitters. Enough of the if we didnt test we wouldnt have high numbers BS. Would be funny to have a truth shocker. Every time you lie you get a shock, watch trump jump and jerk every 60 seconds, every hour, every day.
I completed my Ballot, gonna go drop it off later today along with all the extra mail ins we get.
Yeah, I bet you'll be voting straight republican since that's what you are, right?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2020, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yeah, I bet you'll be voting straight republican since that's what you are, right?
Country over party. R's need to hear the message. Its not 1950.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2020, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Joe is so stupid, he’d miss at point blank range. Not kidding. He and 95 keep vying for the ridiculously stupid poster title. They’re neck and neck.
"your so stupid"
Attached Images
 
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2020, 8:54 AM Reply   
Idiot in Chief uses fake Melania in Nashville, why?
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fake...161444501.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2020, 9:44 AM Reply   
Have you seen the state of Moscow Mitch, he looks like he is decomposing. Got the Rona you think?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-26-2020, 10:59 AM Reply   
The sudden surges , extreme lockdowns , and 24/7 media blitz of COVID was all predicted months ago by those from the right.

To paraphrase our resident basement bob. If these alleged spikes don’t set off any radar in your head , you might be a liberal without a brain. This nonsense is even more proof this virus is being a”released “ purposefully with an agenda. That is only explanation given by several high profile dr’s on the front lines of the virus in our exceptional medical units.

Think about it. There was no change in the “community “, the same protocols have been in place for months. It was flatlined. In fact they even tightened restrictions here before a surge. Now all of a sudden there is a huge” spike “ . The only logical conclusion is that it was introduced at a high rate back into the environment. Go back in time. Trumps restrictions crippled China’s economy. Next thing we now Chinese virus makes it to our borders. If you don’t think this virus/pandemic was manufactured/spread for interference in an election , you might be a liberal without a brain. No matter what topic you ask Biden or Harris about they always go back to saying trunp killed 200,000 people. It’s funny because they completely ignore the fact their democratic constituents made some of the most deadly blunders in dealing with the virus , not Trump. They’re refuse to discuss policy and plans and simply tote the Trump is a racist murderer line. It’s laughable since blacks have seen more wealth and funding under Trump then any previous president.
.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2020, 11:02 AM Reply   
Lol, Xstarrider's tinfoil hat is a little tight, going full conspiracy theory. Might want to let up on the Infowars content bro.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-26-2020, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The sudden surges , extreme lockdowns , and 24/7 media blitz of COVID was all predicted months ago by those from the right.

To paraphrase our resident basement bob. If these alleged spikes don’t set off any radar in your head , you might be a liberal without a brain. This nonsense is even more proof this virus is being a”released “ purposefully with an agenda. That is only explanation given by several high profile dr’s on the front lines of the virus in our exceptional medical units.

Think about it. There was no change in the “community “, the same protocols have been in place for months. It was flatlined. In fact they even tightened restrictions here before a surge. Now all of a sudden there is a huge” spike “ . The only logical conclusion is that it was introduced at a high rate back into the environment. Go back in time. Trumps restrictions crippled China’s economy. Next thing we now Chinese virus makes it to our borders. If you don’t think this virus/pandemic was manufactured/spread for interference in an election , you might be a liberal without a brain. No matter what topic you ask Biden or Harris about they always go back to saying trunp killed 200,000 people. It’s funny because they completely ignore the fact their democratic constituents made some of the most deadly blunders in dealing with the virus , not Trump. They’re refuse to discuss policy and plans and simply tote the Trump is a racist murderer line. It’s laughable since blacks have seen more wealth and funding under Trump then any previous president.
.
Whaaaaat?

March and April we were truly locked down. Haven't you been on here pointing out how protesters haven't been super good about social distancing or mask wearing? Certainly MAGA rallies haven't been either. And then just a general weariness and more businesses reopening. Of course there's more community spread -- there's more participation in the community by the community.

But yeah it totally makes sense that China is trying to undermine Trump. Occam's razor and all that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Country over party. R's need to hear the message. Its not 1950.
So, as an “R,” do you think the ACB confirmation was a good thing?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, Xstarrider's tinfoil hat is a little tight, going full conspiracy theory. Might want to let up on the Infowars content bro.
So, how is it that a week before the election, the Kung Flu cases mysteriously increase so bigly and it gets blown up even bigger by the MSM? Is that just a coincidence? I guess we should all just shut up and move along since there’s “nothing to see here.”
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Country over party. R's need to hear the message. Its not 1950.
What message is that? I don’t know a single person who is voting for Biden because of something they’re for. It’s all just about hating trump.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-26-2020, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So, how is it that a week before the election, the Kung Flu cases mysteriously increase so bigly and it gets blown up even bigger by the MSM? Is that just a coincidence? I guess we should all just shut up and move along since there’s “nothing to see here.”
Could it be because people are getting social distance fatigue and that a huge segment of society thinks masks are for mind control? We are dumbasses and think that saving ourselves from ourselves must be a conspiracy.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-26-2020, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Whaaaaat?

March and April we were truly locked down. Haven't you been on here pointing out how protesters haven't been super good about social distancing or mask wearing? Certainly MAGA rallies haven't been either. And then just a general weariness and more businesses reopening. Of course there's more community spread -- there's more participation in the community by the community.

But yeah it totally makes sense that China is trying to undermine Trump. Occam's razor and all that.
Yea the last big riot protests were over 2 months ago. The city has been restricted , masks required everywhere , outside dinning only. Bars have been closed for while , etc etc. that spike would’ve occurred a long time ago if it was related to anything protest and contact wise. Nothing , AGAIN NOTHING SPIKED during 2 months rioting. Sports and schools have been closed and non existent , so “community” spread is minimal at best. Most corporations are still remote . Regular testing has been mandated for over month. So again no recent extraordinary occurrences , no higher risks , and nowhere near the amount of people out and about like in previous months. Which again leads more to the fact it’s “manufactured “. Heat , sweat , body contact was at an all time high 2mos ago. Not 2 weeks ago.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Could it be because people are getting social distance fatigue and that a huge segment of society thinks masks are for mind control? We are dumbasses and think that saving ourselves from ourselves must be a conspiracy.
Translation: “Look look, over here!”
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-26-2020, 5:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Could it be because people are getting social distance fatigue and that a huge segment of society thinks masks are for mind control? We are dumbasses and think that saving ourselves from ourselves must be a conspiracy.
They answer is a giant no , There’s no where to go even if you wanted to get out of your social distance fatigue. Today they basically rolled our city and bordering counties back to complete lockdown . All restaurants and bars closed permanently beginning 28 oct -08Nov . Public curfew 10pm. All non essential businesses to close as well. Makes complete sense with the data. In the great words of Mike Pence. The cure can’t be worse than the problem itself.

Meanwhile the Mayor doesn’t seem to want to follow her own rules put in place by her!

Lightfoot had her security detail sent over to 025th District in an unmarked squad car last night (Friday evening). Called in extra manpower from the district, so her daughter could partake in a lovely sleepover slumber party.

That's nice. While businesses are closing, livelihoods are being bankrupt, children are being shot and killed, downtown is boarded up like it's hurricane season in Florida, schools are shut down and the city tax base is being eroded.... Groot thinks it's safe for her daughter to go to a slumber party?How about the parents, was everyone wearing a mask the entire time inside the house like the Mayor preaches? Did they all have their sleeping bags 6 feet apart, with no more than 6 younglings at a table?

All with extra manpower that should've been patrolling the streets, preventing crime. Meanwhile there was a homicide last night around a half mile from the slumber party.


Seems like actions you wanna take when you’re shutting down a city the following day. More do as the tyrant says not as she does.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-26-2020 at 5:27 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-26-2020, 5:41 PM Reply   
Cue the riots in Philly for a piece of **** who attacked officers with a knife.


Decent Video of Shooting below.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG0vc7z...=17uhwszkbp8so

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inq...outputType=amp
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-26-2020, 10:56 PM Reply   
More people have already voted in Texas than voted for Trump and Clinton combined in 2016 - crazy.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-26-2020, 11:02 PM Reply   
Joe says we cannot have 4 more years of George, Seriously, George, his wife stepped in, and changed the subject. he said George like 3 times. Harris is the ticket, its not Joe, Joe has not intention of holding this seat. Thats why he is hiding. He was pressured to run, on his name, and the DNC has it planned, to flip it Blue, remove Joe and create their extreme left movement.

I am in on the bet. If he wins, we start another thread, with an over under.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 11:28 PM Reply   
It’s amazing how out of it he is in so many interviews, on such a regular basis and then somehow pulls it together when they pump him full of Adderall or whatever they’re using.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-27-2020, 12:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It’s amazing how out of it he is in so many interviews, on such a regular basis and then somehow pulls it together when they pump him full of Adderall or whatever they’re using.
All he has to do is make it through one more week, he should take Pennsylvania, Trump didn't even go to Erie county which will decide the State. Biden would not win if not for Corona, which is Trumps kryptonite, it seems every time Biden talks, it might be his last sentence.
Delta's dream of the Democrats being racist might begin to come true, if the southern States of Texas, Florida and Georgia flip to democratic.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 1:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
They answer is a giant no , There’s no where to go even if you wanted to get out of your social distance fatigue. Today they basically rolled our city and bordering counties back to complete lockdown . All restaurants and bars closed permanently beginning 28 oct -08Nov . Public curfew 10pm. All non essential businesses to close as well. Makes complete sense with the data.
so you think a surge now is fake because of a partial shutdown in the future? Makes sense.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 1:50 AM Reply   
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...nal-comparison

This is a 7 day moving average of each country's daily positivity % and daily tests conducted. The graph at the top will also show # of tests/100K people for each country. The US has the highest number of tests per 100K population at 336. India is 88. India has a lot more people, and they are actually higher in total number of tests than the US.

*I added the last column, which is total number of tests, which I divided the confirmed number by the positivity percentage.

The real high percentage countries are clearly only testing those that come in sick. To have any weight, I'd say the total test number needs to be over 100,000. Here are the countries with higher positivity percentages than the US at 6% - Italy 16%, France 13%, Spain 11%, UK 8%. Here are the countries doing better than the US - India 4%, Russia 3%, Turkey 2%, UAB 1%. China isn't in the list, if I had to guess, they're not sharing their data.

I don't see how the US is doing so horrible handling Corona compared to the rest of the world.


CNTRY / DAILY + % / DAILY CONFIRMED CASES/ total tests
Mexico 44.10% 5,788 13125
Czech Republic 32.33% 13,767 42583
Paraguay 24.46% 702 2870
Nepal 24.01% 3,839 15989
Slovenia 24.00% 1,519 6329
Croatia 23.16% 1,734 7487
Iran 22.45% 5,746 25595
Poland 21.87% 11,740 53681
Ecuador 20.60% 1,369 6646
Libya 20.43% 816 3994
Belgium 20.39% 14,986 73497
Switzerland 20.20% 4,620 22871
Ukraine 19.77% 6,723 34006
Iraq 19.47% 3,695 18978
Italy 16.35% 17,034 104183
Morocco 16.27% 3,742 22999
Bolivia 16.23% 185 1140
Hungary 15.98% 1,971 12334
Indonesia 15.67% 3,956 25246
Guatemala 15.36% 576 3750
Slovakia 15.28% 2,021 13226
Bulgaria 14.55% 1,227 8433
Romania 13.69% 4,466 32622
France 12.65% 29,797 235549
Kenya 12.63% 743 5883
Jamaica 11.79% 79 670
Kuwait 11.19% 819 7319
Spain 10.99% 13,873 126233
Bangladesh 10.93% 1,435 13129
Austria 10.91% 2,477 22704
Panama 9.31% 671 7207
Ethiopia 8.57% 580 6768
Denmark 8.20% 253 3085
South Africa 8.04% 1,769 22002
UK 7.95% 23,110 290692
Serbia 7.79% 534 6855
El Salvador 7.68% 189 2461
Mozambique 7.11% 151 2124
Portugal 6.79% 2,206 32489
US 6.36% 69,967 1100110
Ireland 6.05% 1,023 16909
Philippines 6.02% 1,730 28738
Namibia 5.43% 51 939
Uganda 5.41% 121 2237
Malaysia 5.04% 867 17202
Canada 4.84% 2,502 51694
Chile 4.61% 1,460 31670
Luxembourg 4.35% 441 10138
Sri Lanka 4.27% 374 8759
Greece 4.27% 830 19438
Iceland 4.22% 59 1398
India 4.17% 49,909 1196859
Latvia 3.82% 180 4712
Cyprus 3.66% 143 3907
Estonia 3.64% 53 1456
Qatar 3.49% 264 7564
Bahrain 3.26% 330 10123
Lithuania 3.21% 344 10717
Russia 3.08% 16,164 524805
Ghana 3.07% 44 1433
Pakistan 2.82% 763 27057
Zimbabwe 2.69% 22 818
Japan 2.66% 575 21617
Finland 2.64% 219 8295
Maldives 2.48% 38 1532
Togo 2.26% 22 973
Cote d'Ivoire 2.02% 24 1188
Senegal 1.96% 20 1020
Nigeria 1.93% 79 4093
Turkey 1.77% 2,047 115650
Malawi 1.69% 5 296
Uruguay 1.58% 48 3038
United Arab Emirate1.25% 1,388 111040
Norway 1.15% 180 15652
Zambia 1.08% 37 3426
South Korea 1.03% 101 9806
Taiwan* 0.86% 2 233
Cuba 0.78% 55 7051
Saudi Arabia 0.75% 394 52533
Rwanda 0.67% 14 2090
Fiji 0.34% 0 0
New Zealand 0.15% 9 6000
Australia 0.05% 20 40000
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 1:53 AM Reply   
Well the chart looked better in the window before I hit post reply. You'll have to take my word for it, try to make sense of the jumble shown, or create it yourself in excel.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 2:03 AM Reply   
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...health-lab.gif

It also looks like the large increase is coming from 18-49 year olds. The 50+ age groups are staying relatively flat, and they are the ones at risk.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 2:26 AM Reply   
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...ng-D/r8kw-7aab

Here's my favorite one yet. Let's all run around with like chickens with our heads cut off screaming about the number of cases are spiking. No one on the news is talking about the declining number of deaths. This is deaths, not death rate. With the number of cases going up, and deaths decreasing, death rate has to be cratering downward. Yes, I know there is a lag in death certificate reporting and a lot of new cases this week won't turn into deaths yet, but look at the chart!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-27-2020, 3:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So, how is it that a week before the election, the Kung Flu cases mysteriously increase so bigly and it gets blown up even bigger by the MSM?
Because Trump told the tards that getting covid is a blessing from God.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-27-2020, 3:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So, as an “R,” do you think the ACB confirmation was a good thing?
Why would he think the Republican leadership exposing themselves as a bunch of lying hypocrites be a good thing?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-27-2020, 4:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
so you think a surge now is fake because of a partial shutdown in the future? Makes sense.
Are you really trying to top 95SN for blatantly ignoring what is written and drawing up your own fake conclusions. Read the words process and then respond. We had a roll back well before the “alleged”spike , and now we are about to return back to a complete lockdown. The restrictions in our dem lead city have been in place for over 6 mos. most recently getting rolled back over month ago to no sports, no bars , no indoor dinning unless it’s 1/4 capacity. So your community spread/social distance fatigue arguments make zero sense. Those haven’t opened up in past 3 month or loosened. They were actually tightened and now being completely locked down. This was predicted over 3 months ago that these tyrannical dems would do this week before election. And right on target they didn’t disappoint.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-27-2020, 4:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Why would he think the Republican leadership exposing themselves as a bunch of lying hypocrites be a good thing?
The only one exposing themselves is Joe’s crackhead son on his laptop while he’s smoking rocks. What a complete bust out that daddy took care of his entire life. He’s the epitome of what dems stand for. Live off the government , contribute nothing , and get rewarded. Great parenting there Joe. He can’t even complete the most important task of raising a child right, and you want him to be in charge of raising all of ours under his policies. The dems already legalized weed and are basically legalizing heroine and cocaine with lack of criminal punishment for drug crimes. Pretty soon the entire country will look like Joe’s bust out son if he’s at the helm.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-27-2020 at 4:35 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-27-2020, 4:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...nal-comparison

This is a 7 day moving average of each country's daily positivity % and daily tests conducted. The graph at the top will also show # of tests/100K people for each country. The US has the highest number of tests per 100K population at 336. India is 88. India has a lot more people, and they are actually higher in total number of tests than the US.

*I added the last column, which is total number of tests, which I divided the confirmed number by the positivity percentage.

The real high percentage countries are clearly only testing those that come in sick. To have any weight, I'd say the total test number needs to be over 100,000. Here are the countries with higher positivity percentages than the US at 6% - Italy 16%, France 13%, Spain 11%, UK 8%. Here are the countries doing better than the US - India 4%, Russia 3%, Turkey 2%, UAB 1%. China isn't in the list, if I had to guess, they're not sharing their data.

I don't see how the US is doing so horrible handling Corona compared to the rest of the world.


CNTRY / DAILY + % / DAILY CONFIRMED CASES/ total tests
Mexico 44.10% 5,788 13125
Czech Republic 32.33% 13,767 42583
Paraguay 24.46% 702 2870
Nepal 24.01% 3,839 15989
Slovenia 24.00% 1,519 6329
Croatia 23.16% 1,734 7487
Iran 22.45% 5,746 25595
Poland 21.87% 11,740 53681
Ecuador 20.60% 1,369 6646
Libya 20.43% 816 3994
Belgium 20.39% 14,986 73497
Switzerland 20.20% 4,620 22871
Ukraine 19.77% 6,723 34006
Iraq 19.47% 3,695 18978
Italy 16.35% 17,034 104183
Morocco 16.27% 3,742 22999
Bolivia 16.23% 185 1140
Hungary 15.98% 1,971 12334
Indonesia 15.67% 3,956 25246
Guatemala 15.36% 576 3750
Slovakia 15.28% 2,021 13226
Bulgaria 14.55% 1,227 8433
Romania 13.69% 4,466 32622
France 12.65% 29,797 235549
Kenya 12.63% 743 5883
Jamaica 11.79% 79 670
Kuwait 11.19% 819 7319
Spain 10.99% 13,873 126233
Bangladesh 10.93% 1,435 13129
Austria 10.91% 2,477 22704
Panama 9.31% 671 7207
Ethiopia 8.57% 580 6768
Denmark 8.20% 253 3085
South Africa 8.04% 1,769 22002
UK 7.95% 23,110 290692
Serbia 7.79% 534 6855
El Salvador 7.68% 189 2461
Mozambique 7.11% 151 2124
Portugal 6.79% 2,206 32489
US 6.36% 69,967 1100110
Ireland 6.05% 1,023 16909
Philippines 6.02% 1,730 28738
Namibia 5.43% 51 939
Uganda 5.41% 121 2237
Malaysia 5.04% 867 17202
Canada 4.84% 2,502 51694
Chile 4.61% 1,460 31670
Luxembourg 4.35% 441 10138
Sri Lanka 4.27% 374 8759
Greece 4.27% 830 19438
Iceland 4.22% 59 1398
India 4.17% 49,909 1196859
Latvia 3.82% 180 4712
Cyprus 3.66% 143 3907
Estonia 3.64% 53 1456
Qatar 3.49% 264 7564
Bahrain 3.26% 330 10123
Lithuania 3.21% 344 10717
Russia 3.08% 16,164 524805
Ghana 3.07% 44 1433
Pakistan 2.82% 763 27057
Zimbabwe 2.69% 22 818
Japan 2.66% 575 21617
Finland 2.64% 219 8295
Maldives 2.48% 38 1532
Togo 2.26% 22 973
Cote d'Ivoire 2.02% 24 1188
Senegal 1.96% 20 1020
Nigeria 1.93% 79 4093
Turkey 1.77% 2,047 115650
Malawi 1.69% 5 296
Uruguay 1.58% 48 3038
United Arab Emirate1.25% 1,388 111040
Norway 1.15% 180 15652
Zambia 1.08% 37 3426
South Korea 1.03% 101 9806
Taiwan* 0.86% 2 233
Cuba 0.78% 55 7051
Saudi Arabia 0.75% 394 52533
Rwanda 0.67% 14 2090
Fiji 0.34% 0 0
New Zealand 0.15% 9 6000
Australia 0.05% 20 40000

Please don’t bore them with facts and data. It’s doesn’t fit their arguments.

Great posts.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-27-2020, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...nal-comparison

This is a 7 day moving average of each country's daily positivity % and daily tests conducted. The graph at the top will also show # of tests/100K people for each country. The US has the highest number of tests per 100K population at 336. India is 88. India has a lot more people, and they are actually higher in total number of tests than the US.

*I added the last column, which is total number of tests, which I divided the confirmed number by the positivity percentage.

The real high percentage countries are clearly only testing those that come in sick. To have any weight, I'd say the total test number needs to be over 100,000. Here are the countries with higher positivity percentages than the US at 6% - Italy 16%, France 13%, Spain 11%, UK 8%. Here are the countries doing better than the US - India 4%, Russia 3%, Turkey 2%, UAB 1%. China isn't in the list, if I had to guess, they're not sharing their data.

I don't see how the US is doing so horrible handling Corona compared to the rest of the world.


CNTRY / DAILY + % / DAILY CONFIRMED CASES/ total tests
Mexico 44.10% 5,788 13125
Czech Republic 32.33% 13,767 42583
Paraguay 24.46% 702 2870
Nepal 24.01% 3,839 15989
Slovenia 24.00% 1,519 6329
Croatia 23.16% 1,734 7487
Iran 22.45% 5,746 25595
Poland 21.87% 11,740 53681
Ecuador 20.60% 1,369 6646
Libya 20.43% 816 3994
Belgium 20.39% 14,986 73497
Switzerland 20.20% 4,620 22871
Ukraine 19.77% 6,723 34006
Iraq 19.47% 3,695 18978
Italy 16.35% 17,034 104183
Morocco 16.27% 3,742 22999
Bolivia 16.23% 185 1140
Hungary 15.98% 1,971 12334
Indonesia 15.67% 3,956 25246
Guatemala 15.36% 576 3750
Slovakia 15.28% 2,021 13226
Bulgaria 14.55% 1,227 8433
Romania 13.69% 4,466 32622
France 12.65% 29,797 235549
Kenya 12.63% 743 5883
Jamaica 11.79% 79 670
Kuwait 11.19% 819 7319
Spain 10.99% 13,873 126233
Bangladesh 10.93% 1,435 13129
Austria 10.91% 2,477 22704
Panama 9.31% 671 7207
Ethiopia 8.57% 580 6768
Denmark 8.20% 253 3085
South Africa 8.04% 1,769 22002
UK 7.95% 23,110 290692
Serbia 7.79% 534 6855
El Salvador 7.68% 189 2461
Mozambique 7.11% 151 2124
Portugal 6.79% 2,206 32489
US 6.36% 69,967 1100110
Ireland 6.05% 1,023 16909
Philippines 6.02% 1,730 28738
Namibia 5.43% 51 939
Uganda 5.41% 121 2237
Malaysia 5.04% 867 17202
Canada 4.84% 2,502 51694
Chile 4.61% 1,460 31670
Luxembourg 4.35% 441 10138
Sri Lanka 4.27% 374 8759
Greece 4.27% 830 19438
Iceland 4.22% 59 1398
India 4.17% 49,909 1196859
Latvia 3.82% 180 4712
Cyprus 3.66% 143 3907
Estonia 3.64% 53 1456
Qatar 3.49% 264 7564
Bahrain 3.26% 330 10123
Lithuania 3.21% 344 10717
Russia 3.08% 16,164 524805
Ghana 3.07% 44 1433
Pakistan 2.82% 763 27057
Zimbabwe 2.69% 22 818
Japan 2.66% 575 21617
Finland 2.64% 219 8295
Maldives 2.48% 38 1532
Togo 2.26% 22 973
Cote d'Ivoire 2.02% 24 1188
Senegal 1.96% 20 1020
Nigeria 1.93% 79 4093
Turkey 1.77% 2,047 115650
Malawi 1.69% 5 296
Uruguay 1.58% 48 3038
United Arab Emirate1.25% 1,388 111040
Norway 1.15% 180 15652
Zambia 1.08% 37 3426
South Korea 1.03% 101 9806
Taiwan* 0.86% 2 233
Cuba 0.78% 55 7051
Saudi Arabia 0.75% 394 52533
Rwanda 0.67% 14 2090
Fiji 0.34% 0 0
New Zealand 0.15% 9 6000
Australia 0.05% 20 40000

Please don’t bore them with facts and data. It’s doesn’t fit their arguments.

I am still waiting for a response of how having on average 70% of your regular hospital beds and ventilators available. , not even including surplus numbers , constitutes a complete lockdown
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2020, 4:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So, as an “R,” do you think the ACB confirmation was a good thing?
Bad decision. Unqualified candidate. Bad optics. Short-sighted.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2020, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, Xstarrider's tinfoil hat is a little tight, going full conspiracy theory. Might want to let up on the Infowars content bro.
Its scary the things that some people actually believe. Im not sure how this is even possible. Maybe i should start a grifting biz, cause the suckers are out there just waiting for something to believe in, anything.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 4:52 AM Reply   
Here's another one. I couldn't download the data, but here's there charts: daily number of tests taken and daily number of positive cases. Have you seen the video Trump released of the CBS interview where she kept grilling him on the number of cases sky rocketing, and he kept saying the number of tests is also sky rocketing, so wouldn't you expect the positive cases to increase? Number of tests really started increasing Sept 11. Guess what Sept 11 the number of positives really started increasing???

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-tests

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-positive
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2020, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Its scary the things that some people actually believe. Im not sure how this is even possible. Maybe i should start a grifting biz, cause the suckers are out there just waiting for something to believe in, anything.
Yeah like Russian hoaxes.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2020, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Bad decision. Unqualified candidate. Bad optics. Short-sighted.
Unqualified??? Even libtards admit she was more than qualified! You.. are 100% NOT a repub. That is your daily lie here every time you post.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-27-2020, 4:59 AM Reply   
I've never got too hung up on case count. Hospitalizations and deaths are the hard numbers to dispute and that appears to be going down because of improvements in treatment would be my guess.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-27-2020, 5:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Unqualified??? Even libtards admit she was more than qualified! You.. are 100% NOT a repub. That is your daily lie here every time you post.
I think it is silly for anyone to say she is not qualified. If we backed up 30 years she would have gotten 80+ votes. The vote down party lines says a lot more about congress than her.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 5:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
This was predicted over 3 months ago that these tyrannical dems would do this week before election. And right on target they didn’t disappoint.
Just to make sure I'm following your argument... you are saying that the county health department directors all over the country are part of a deep state conspiracy to report false numbers to discredit the President. And that they are especially active in red states. Do I have that right?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
What a complete bust out that daddy took care of his entire life.
Right? I mean the trump kids have definitely cut ties and gone their own ways. Too bad those Biden kids can't get off the teat.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Bad decision. Unqualified candidate. Bad optics. Short-sighted.
Disagree with all but bad optics. Trump's tectonic shift of the court to the right will have very lasting impacts for decades. The optics might be bad, but this is otherwise the dream of many many many many conservatives.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Here's another one. I couldn't download the data, but here's there charts: daily number of tests taken and daily number of positive cases. Have you seen the video Trump released of the CBS interview where she kept grilling him on the number of cases sky rocketing, and he kept saying the number of tests is also sky rocketing, so wouldn't you expect the positive cases to increase? Number of tests really started increasing Sept 11. Guess what Sept 11 the number of positives really started increasing???

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-tests

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-positive
Anybody know where to find a case positivity rate chart? If the argument is that positive cases are only going up because testing has vastly increased, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that the test positivity rate would actually be declining?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2020, 5:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Unqualified??? Even libtards admit she was more than qualified! You.. are 100% NOT a repub. That is your daily lie here every time you post.
She has never even argued in front of the SC or any court.
She never tried a case in front of SC. Or, tried any case to conclusion.
Most of her experience is in civil cases almost no criminal cases.
She has never even been a judge til May 2017. Least experience in History.
She has only practiced law 1999-2002, least experience in history.
They reviewed only 1800 pages of past rulings, for example past SC appointees, 170,000 for Kagen, 180,000 for Gorsuch, 75,000 for Roberts....
Never worked in the Govt as defense lawyer, solicitor general, or attorney general, or served as counsel to any legislative body—the usual professional channels that Supreme Court nominees tend to hail from.
She's done no Pro Bono work of which its recommended to do 50 hours per year.
Shes spent virtually her entire career in academia, 15 years at a law school.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2020, 6:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Anybody know where to find a case positivity rate chart? If the argument is that positive cases are only going up because testing has vastly increased, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that the test positivity rate would actually be declining?
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Anybody know where to find a case positivity rate chart? If the argument is that positive cases are only going up because testing has vastly increased, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that the test positivity rate would actually be declining?
Ask and you shall receive. I found where that site lets you download their data. Good news is my final point shows 6.3% which is what they listed in one of their other stats that I showed earlier today, so I'm pretty confident I'm interrupting their data correctly.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 7:48 AM Reply   
I think that chart is a pretty good argument for the sky is not falling like the mainstream media is claiming it is.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I think that chart is a pretty good argument for the sky is not falling like the mainstream media is claiming it is.
Actually I disagree. If the argument is "more positives because more tests, not more positives because more cases," then as you test more you would see the case positivity rate go down as you wring out every last positive asymptomatic case from the population. Your chart shows that cases are going up and the positivity rate is trending up too.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2020, 8:44 AM Reply   
Trending up from all time lows...
My argument is those cases have always been out there, they just haven't been getting documented. We went from 5% to 6%. That 1.5 percent change is a drop in the bucket. If we keep climbing to 7,8,9%, then it's something to worry about.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2020, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Trending up from all time lows...
My argument is those cases have always been out there, they just haven't been getting documented. We went from 5% to 6%. That 1.5 percent change is a drop in the bucket. If we keep climbing to 7,8,9%, then it's something to worry about.
Is that 6% nationwide?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2020, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Trending up from all time lows...
My argument is those cases have always been out there, they just haven't been getting documented. We went from 5% to 6%. That 1.5 percent change is a drop in the bucket. If we keep climbing to 7,8,9%, then it's something to worry about.
These aren't *cases* though, they reflect the percentage of tests which are positive. The positivity rate should go DOWN if you test more. Think about it. If you are only testing a little bit, you are likely testing people who are obviously sick and seeking confirmation. That way you get a high positivity rate. If you test 100x more people, chances are you are going to see MORE CASES overall, but fewer cases as a percentage of those tested (and thus a declining positivity rate). When both positivity rate and positives climb together, you have an outbreak, not more cases as a result of more testing.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2020, 11:13 AM Reply   
100% right.

I'll also point out that national numbers are way too zoomed out to tell you anything, COVID transmits regionally not nationally. You can see hot spots running 20-30% positivity with other areas at less than 1% and still end up with a 6% average nationally
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-27-2020, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The only one exposing themselves is Joe’s crackhead son on his laptop....
Topic of discussion had nothing to do with Biden. And nobody is voting for his son.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-27-2020, 1:58 PM Reply   
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...lson-joe-biden

Does not look like Joey is telling the truth, will be interesting to see what happens from here, Prob nothing as they are all on the take.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-27-2020, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Actually I disagree. If the argument is "more positives because more tests, not more positives because more cases," then as you test more you would see the case positivity rate go down as you wring out every last positive asymptomatic case from the population. Your chart shows that cases are going up and the positivity rate is trending up too.
Your argument has some validity, but simply skips the mandated test requirements put in place now that didn’t exist months ago due to tests being mor widely available. Think about how many asymptomatic people never got tested. Now due to mandates requiring “negative “ test results to return to schools or sports teams when a single individual has symptoms , more are being tested. You also don’t account for the huge false positivity factor. Especially in the new rapid tests. All factors contributing to a minuscule rise in positivity.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-27-2020, 2:11 PM Reply   
looks like the looting is beginning, I didn't get the memo that it was to start at 9:30. Darn it! Was in need a new pair of NIKE! Looting is what you do when you are angry. We now have a new word for it PROTEST!
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us