Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-20-2020, 2:52 PM Reply   
I havn't posted much here in years, but I wanted to give Lake Powell visitors a heads up that a new larger gas station opened in Greene haven near Lone Rock. It's a Pilot and it has ethanol free fuel 91 octane as an option. I know some boaters like to know where they can get this type of fuel. There is a Yardley's restaurant in the station, but as of now it is not open. This should be a great spot for those of you who hit Powell.
Antelope point marina is closed till July 5th (hope it doesn't get pushed back) so traffic all goes to Wahweap and Stateline. Lines are often long to get in the park and at the launch ramp.

There's a fire near the North Rim of Grand Canyon. Magnum Fire its called. 50k + acres burned. Pending wind the smoke can sometimes be bad in the region but makes for unique sunsets.
Attached Images

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2020, 1:47 AM Reply   
Lake Powell is a bucket list item for me.. But, I am fearful of spots that I do not know... Also, since I live in SC it would be way too far to travel with the boat... Are there any people who do tours or like an all day wakeboard trip?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2020, 10:03 PM Reply   
Try surflakepowell dot com. They are more of a rental company, but the people who run it can also drive the boat for you and make a tour out of it.
Couldn't tell ya the cost though. Give em a call maybe.

-----------

Antelope is still closed by the way everyone. Scheduled to reopen at end of month, but again... I doubt it.

If coming to Powell on a weekend or holiday., come early in the morning. Launch ramps are still backed up.
Now there's a mussel awareness online course I guess you gota do now too...
I boat sometimes with my dad and he has a local sticker for the mussel issue
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2020, 6:41 AM Reply   
Antelope Point Marina opened today!
Wonder if July 24th had anything to do with it?
Pioneer Day for Utah with more expected Utah boaters

Check their Facebook page for more info and hours.

Ohh and there's also ethanol free fuel at Maverick on 89 that I forgot about. In the RV and truck section of the station. I think She'll and a couple other places have it now too.
But that Pilot Station is so convenient for Lone Rock boaters particularly.
The Pilot Yardley's burger joint 🍔 opened too. I've never heard of Yardley's, but their burgers are really really good.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2020, 6:43 AM Reply   
🌟 Oops...
Antelope public launch ramp is still not open. The marina new Campground and other things are open but the public launch ramp is still lacking docs and allocated employees for mussel checks.
Public ramp is set for a *pending opening of Wednesday July 29th