Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-11-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
I currently ride a premier but I usually have a hard edge but this board is really slow. I often go into the flats which is torture on this board, the Pop is definitely good on this board though.

Some boards I was interested in were the Ibex, One, Murray and Lyman.
If anyone has ridden the premier and one of these other boards and could tell me the differences between them and how you think they would fit my riding style please do shed some light. Most interested in how the pop compares and how they land.

I know I should demo but the only place anywhere near here where I can demo only has Hyperlite so that would be all i could demo.

So if anyone has ridden any of these boards and the premier it would be great if you could tell me how they compare on all the usual board catagories.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-11-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
The Murray Rocks!
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-11-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
From my experience the absolute rides just like the premier only a little faster and looser.
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-13-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
I went from the Premier, which I loved to the Monarch. It's faster, more pop and much lighter. Awesome board for anyone who likes the Premier but wants to step it up. Nice loose feel like the Premier.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-13-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
I rode the Premier for a season. I currently ride a LF Substance and am getting the Watson in a couple weeks. You might try the Ronix Mana or One, Hyperlite Tribute or B-Side.

I'm not up to speed on CWB.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-13-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
I went from a 136 premier to a 141 premier to the 137 one back to the 36 premier. I love the premier, poppy, predictable, light (yes the new premier is very light) slides well, no weird bottom contours.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       03-13-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
I agree with you the Premier is torture taken into the flats. Prior to the Premier I rode a TFD/3DS now the Pulse. I loved this board, I got off it because it was too fast into the turn, however, Hyperlite now puts 0.7" fins on it and with that this board should be incredible and soft on the landings with great pop. THe Pulse/3DS/TFD likes to be ridden hard and into the flats and if this is your preference you will absolutely not be disappointed. I am currently riding the 137 Tribute (HL-'08) this board has similar pop to the Premier but lands very soft in the flats. I broke my Premier last year and switched(due to backorders) to the 138 Watson this is a great board and it too lands very well in the flats. The Tribute and the Watson have a looser feel that the Premier. Edge hold is similar between the Premier and Tribute, however the Watson has more locked on feel on edge. All release well and are have a slower initial turn to the wake. I really like the rolled/ rounded center edge (also present on the ONE). THe Pulse is definitely more locked on but since I rode it with 1.1" fins and not the 0.7" I can only guess. The One and the Pulse have a very similar ride, however the One is slower into the turn, both lock on very well and land soft.
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-13-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
I went from the Premier to the Ronix One. They both have good pop, I find that the premeir might have a little more but I am more fluid on the Ronix board. The premier feels slow compared to the Ronix One.
Some friends said that when I rode the Premier board it looked like I was working harder than when I rode the One.
My premier is about three years old and I put the .7 fins on the Ronix One. I have not rode the newer Premier or the Murray. Good Luck
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-13-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Rusty doesnt have a prob taking this board into the flats