Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-29-2014, 9:21 PM Reply   
Austin Keen... WOW! It would be neat to see some of the pro skimmers, as well as pro surfers, mix it up behind a boat.
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/video...16/1000374460/
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-30-2014, 3:41 AM Reply   
No Video
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-30-2014, 6:25 AM Reply   
I call BS on day one! No kidding!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-30-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
That was seriously his first day.
You should watch his skim videos. The stuff he does is incredible, especially considering how unpredictable and inconsistent waves are. Behind the boat he has and endless wave that never changes
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-30-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
Holy crap! Just watched a few of his skim boarding clips on youtube. Yeah, skim riding behind a boat is way too easy for him.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-30-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
My first thought. PULL DOWN YOUR SHORTS!
Second thought, "Oh nevermind, he has better things to do, ripping it up to worry about that in the first place"

What is the board he's riding? I know that it's the Byerly Buzz and some ocean shortboard at the end of the video, but does anyone know the first skimmer in the video?
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-30-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
My first thought. PULL DOWN YOUR SHORTS!
Second thought, "Oh nevermind, he has better things to do, ripping it up to worry about that in the first place"

What is the board he's riding? I know that it's the Byerly Buzz and some ocean shortboard at the end of the video, but does anyone know the first skimmer in the video?
Austin Keen rides for Exile Skimboards. Same as Brad Domke... who is on another planet when it comes to skim style in the ocean.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-30-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
Don't quote me on this but perhaps its this board...EXILE
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       09-30-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
holy crap..this guy can ride!...I wonder if he enters comp....
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-30-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeko View Post
holy crap..this guy can ride!...I wonder if he enters comp....
I follow him on Instagram and he made a post of Worlds in Vegas. Probably scoping it out for next year. There is no skim comp that pays $12k for first, so he could make done good money in Wakesurfing.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-30-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
I follow him on Instagram and he made a post of Worlds in Vegas. Probably scoping it out for next year. There is no skim comp that pays $12k for first, so he could make done good money in Wakesurfing.
Maaaan, I hope so. Some fresh blood in their to mix it up... I loved the tow in 360 shuv from the top of the wake into the flats.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-30-2014, 12:07 PM Reply   
That is so sick. So much forewakesurfing taking no skill. HAHa
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Awesome!!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-30-2014, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
That is so sick. So much forewakesurfing taking no skill. HAHa
Are you sure? That guy looks rather old, fat, and completely unskilled, you know the only people that wakesurf
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-01-2014, 2:25 PM Reply   
why are you talking about me ;-)
Old    JBirdDog            10-03-2014, 2:37 AM Reply   
Agree with many on this post, that the guy is SICK! Great riding skills! Have to agree with Iceberg - NOT first day! Unless he changed shorts half way through (different color - half way through). Props either way to Austin!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
He's definitely tearing it up behind the boat. The question is, can he do it at a comp and is $1,000 to $2,500 (the normal prize payout) enough for him to be interested in doing so.

Tige has Josh Kerr as a sponsored rider - someone said they were interested in seeing pro ocean surfers behind a boat.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-08-2014, 5:44 PM Reply   
If you guys have an opportunity to try skimming on some shore break DO IT! You'll realize its harder that **** to do haha. Wake surfing is a walk in the park for him.

Check out The Wedge in newport on youtube or vimeo. Gnarly stuff.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-10-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
I couldn't even land on the board when I tried ocean skimming! LOL!
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       10-13-2014, 8:11 PM Reply   
Jbirddog......I watched the vid and did not see his shorts change....unless I missed it. Watch it again....same shorts from what I see. (They do have two colors to them and at one point it's hard to see the red making them look solid)