Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jbeams2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-23-2019, 12:03 AM Reply   
Does anybody know where the coolant line is on a 2004 Centurion Enzo SV230? I am winterizing the boat and didn't know if this was the best way to funnel antifreeze into the engine block.

Thanks!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-23-2019, 12:49 AM Reply   
what engine does it have? Pretty sure it'd be PCM? PCM manuals have very good water flow diagrams that show where the raw water is and where the drains are. I'd start there.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-23-2019, 4:12 AM Reply   
You need to drain the water out first. Usually a few places to do that from.

When it comes to filling the block with antifreeze the easiest way I found is to remove the main intake hose that runs between the thru hull and the vdrive itself. Remove the vdrive side. Attach a braided hose that then goes in to a 5 gallon bucket full of your antifreeze. Then have other jugs with the lids off and ready to pour in. Start the boat and wait until you hear it spit out the back end. Once it does, turn the boat off.

This of course is also done once you've completed your oil change as it will be the last time the motor runs.
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-23-2019, 7:03 AM Reply   
I do it the same way but I drilled a fitting into the side of the buck at the bottom edge. So my hose has gravity to help it get into the engine. Now that I've done it for 10 years I realize there is probably enough suction just to run a hose over the top of the buck.

I also use this as my FakeLake any time I want to start the boat in my driveway.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-25-2019, 2:18 PM Reply   
When the water is out of the block, and any heater or shower lines, there is nothing left to freeze. If you put in antifreeze you are not adding to the freeze protection for your engine. Just saying ...

If you are worried about pockets of water somewhere you could just drive the boat around on the trailer to slosh out what might be there while you have the drains open. Up and down a couple hills and around some corners and you are good. My Canadian Mercruiser Scorpion has never touched antifreeze. It just sits empty for almost 10 months a year, since 2006.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       10-26-2019, 3:36 AM Reply   
The RV anti-freeze for many people is too prevent corrosion in the engine during the layup...just look at the ingredients of the RV anti-freeze you buy since some of the have ethenol in them (Like SuperTech from Wal-Mart) and while the stickers will still say it has the corrosion protection, I avoid the brands that have that.

Check out this below link....someone actually did some long term testing on this to see what is the best protection for engine block during layup

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//sh...ad.php?t=70342
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-28-2019, 12:57 AM Reply   
The RV anti-freeze also help's keep the impeller from drying out. I've done it both way's but since I already have the bucket hooked up to the raw water intake. It doesn't take me any longer to pour the anti-freeze into the boat.

Most winters I waiting to long and end up dropping the water out the first night It gets down to freezing in the dark while freezing my a## off LOL.

Then the next free afternoon I come back and do the full oil change and put the anti-freeze in.

Last edited by jonblarc7; 10-28-2019 at 1:03 AM.