Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kwclark)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-17-2016, 4:42 PM Reply   
I have been watching this guy on eBay try to move this epic boat since last November. It's brand new with full warranty. He started out in the 60's and is down to 48k OBO now. Epic already has 2017 boats out so they are still making them. I know people have had some problems with them sinking from a faulty rudderbox but damn you would think a new epic would have that problem solved or would be cheap to reinforce after you buy the boat. I'm just shocked nobody has bought this boat. It even has surf tabs too. I offered him 42k for ****s and grins but he rejected my offer. Maybe if it's not sold by January he might take it lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Epic-21...m=361770281486
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-17-2016, 6:42 PM Reply   
I think there is another topic about this same Texas liquidators selling a boat. I would really do your research on this seller.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-18-2016, 3:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoShack View Post
I think there is another topic about this same Texas liquidators selling a boat. I would really do your research on this seller.

Would love to hear more. I was eyeballing these too, before I bought my Moomba.
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-18-2016, 7:11 AM Reply   
Search Epic 23v nightmare from Texas auto liquidators
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-18-2016, 8:05 AM Reply   
It's been a while since we had a good thread like the texas liquidators Epic thread....lol. I'm popping popcorn, this should be entertaining.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-18-2016, 8:56 AM Reply   
Wow read that thread. What a ****ing clown show! Sketchy as ****. Definitely wouldn't buy a $60k boat or any boat for that matter with a sea trial - ever!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-18-2016, 9:27 AM Reply   
Yeah based on that thread I wouldn't take a boat if Texas liquidators gave it to me.

Also speaks volumes(IMO) about Epics lack of care and customer service that that are still selling boats in the same manor for them.
Old     (Kwclark)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-18-2016, 7:48 PM Reply   
I just read the 23v thread. No pics of a damaged boat were ever posted and come on who the hell spends 60k sight unseen. A plane ticket could have been bought for 300 bucks. I don't care if Jesus Christ is selling a boat. I'm going to demo it first because boats break down every day wether used or new. I was very impressed that the owner of epic boats posted on here. While it makes no sense that he would throw himself in the pirahna tank I think he handled it pretty well. But like I said just makes no sense at all why a CEO would post. You will never win a battle on a forum with a disgruntled customer. what's even more upsetting is that JJ never even followed up to tell us if he was finally taken care of.
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       10-19-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
Lots of posts about sunken boats that the CEO didn't bother to respond to.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       10-19-2016, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwclark View Post
what's even more upsetting is that JJ never even followed up to tell us if he was finally taken care of.
Not really...my guess is the lawyers finally got involved....
Old     (Kwclark)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-20-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
It would have been great for the CEO to say we glassed the **** out of the rudder box on our newer boats. It really leaves a lot of uncertainty if it will happen again on the 16s and 17s.