Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-15-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hello everyone! I have been beating the bush getting old friends and industry contacts to share their memories about the founders of our sport and historical events. Many variations of the early days exist but all compelling and worthy of mention. Feel free to go to our FB page and post your photos and stories. It is open to all right now.

In the mid 90's at Sloans lake in Denver, I inducted Tony Finn and Jimmy Redmond as our first members. I dropped the ball for a while but have time now and need all your stories and ideas how to make this organization great!

The sport has really gone crazy good since the early days. Stories of wakeboards from 1965 have popped up and I am seeking out those shots as well as early Aussie days from their first rotomolded days to Redline and Skurfer.

Herb O'Brien saved a dead industry with the compression molded board early 90's and the rest if history. Herb is the next inductee this fall at Expo where I will give Paul O'Brien the plaque honoring Herb's commitment. Please like our FB page and look for the web page soon. We will most likely have a one page contest to seek our our web designer. I have about 8 volunteers asking now so we will post their mockup pages in October and you decide who you want to represent the Wakeboarding Hall of Fame. God bless.
Tommy Phillips
Interim CEO and founder Wakeboarding Hall of Fame
Here is the link to our FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/wakeboardinghalloffame?ref=hl
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
Hey Tommy, I am a member of that group. I got thousands of photos and almost every magazine going back to '95. So I will slowly upload stuff to the group in the next month or so.
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
Great you have all that history. I have been getting some great stuff so please feel free to post or send to me. Blessings
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2014, 5:04 AM Reply   
Our page is gaining momentum each day. Please share your stories from your early days as well as photos of you or your favorite pros. Stoked to help preserve our past!